myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 315, 316, 317 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Actually, when I googled that story it came up on a bunch of sources. Not sure if it originated at TPNN.

Yes, now it does show many hits. When I first googled it, only the TPNN article hit.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutternews has been offered to libs but mostly they ignore stuff like liberal talk radio. They recognize the smell and don't buy it.

Gutter news continues no matter who is in office but clearly there is an element on the Right that rushes to read it every day.

This was famouslynoted by a guy named Murdoch who serves up liberal,conservative and gutter worldwide.
He came to America and saw a huge demand from folks on the Right, rubbing his hands at the prospect on TV and saying he will be the "Fox in the chicken house " meaning all these mainstream stations with journalistic integrity better watch how money is made with gutter.
So he called it Fox news. The brief main news is AP, the rest mostly gutter.

The huge divide is mostly in the minds of the right. Libs have a healthy distrust of all news that seems lacking in many on the Right.

The mainsteam news is not mostly foolish opinions assigned to liberals like the gutter news.
Leaves you guys with no real need to discuss the issues with libs.
All their opinions are already handed to you in a satisfying way.

Actually speaking to libs is confusing because so many of them hold conservative or simply reasonable views that conflict with the ideas you hear every day. It is easier to just listen to radio if you want to know about libs ideas.

I notice on this site that Talk Radio conservatives can hear these libs express their opinions and the next day they tell liberals they believe something else.
Waste of time to tell libs that nonsense.
They know they dont feel that way at all.

Last edited by keycocker on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats where Talk has characteristics of brainwashing.
If you observe or hear things in the real world and your brain clicks back to believing the contrary things in the gutter news world every time, then you are likely a victim of conditioning.
If you start repeating the opinions of actual liberals when some fellow Talk guy is repeating the imaginary stuff then you are on the road to recovery.

If enough politicly active conservatives return to this oldfashioned value then the whole conservative movement will be on the road to recovery.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC,
Do you write / post on an IPad / tablet?

Have you ever read Tony Robbins' "Unlimited Power"?
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Thats where Talk has characteristics of brainwashing.
If you observe or hear things in the real world and your brain clicks back to believing the contrary things in the gutter news world every time, then you are likely a victim of conditioning.
If you start repeating the opinions of actual liberals when some fellow Talk guy is repeating the imaginary stuff then you are on the road to recovery.

If enough politicly active conservatives return to this oldfashioned value then the whole conservative movement will be on the road to recovery.

KC, you are a piece of work, you keep posting these diatribes about the "gutter news" and/or "fake news". It seems to me that you are the one that has been "brainwashed" into believing that there is a "vast right wing conspiracy" (that's Hillary's), that has some sort of control over the news.
Hook, line, and sinkered.
If all you claim was true, you, bajaDean, and BHO himself wouldn't be the only ones claiming this as much as you do.
BHO: "all these ginned up phony scandals", "not an ounce of corruption".
Okaaaaaaaay.
But regardless, "live long and prosper" (Spock), assuming your ideology will allow you to do that.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitwit30 wrote:
...these diatribes about the "gutter news" and/or "fake news". It seems to me that you are the one that has been "brainwashed" into believing that there is a "vast right wing conspiracy"...

Here's a quote that might have bearing on your point:

"Although there has long been a consensus in the international scientific community that climate change is real, this is not always what’s portrayed on cable news networks. In a report published in April, the nonprofit group the Union of Concerned Scientists tried to assess the accuracy of climate change coverage on the Fox News Channel, CNN and MSNBC—the three most-viewed 24-hour-news channels. The organization found that Fox’s 50 segments on climate science in 2013 were accurate 28 percent of the time, CNN’s 43 segments were accurate 70 percent of the time, and MSNBC’s 132 segments were accurate 92 percent of the time. (The 8 percent of MSNBC’s climate coverage determined to be inaccurate skewed too strongly toward climate science, according to the Union of Concerned Scientists. “The handful of misleading statements were inaccurate in the same manner,” the organization wrote in its April report. “All overstated the effects of climate change and specific types of extreme weather, such as tornadoes.”)"

(You can find the citation in one of my previous posts.)

But there's quantitative data here: Fox is accurate 28%, CNN is accurate 70%, and MSNBC is accurate 92%.

So, which cable network produces the most fake news?

Oh, wait, I know....... Newsweek's fake news, so the data is meaningless.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nw30
You are telling me my opinion.
I do not think there is a vast right wing conspiracy that has any kind of control over the news.
I have never said or implied that.
Thank you for making my point. You simply invented that opinion for me based on things you heard in the fake news.
This is MUCH more satisfying than asking my opinion, because It would make me entirely incorrect.
My actual opinions are based on the real world conservative values that Talk has largely abandoned.
Keep reading drudge and listening to Talk. It is working on you very well.
There is a part of that realizing you are patronizing foolish news sources, so it bothers you to be reminded.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I esp like the part where it couldn't be true because you have never heard anyone but me and BHO mention it.
Keep listening to Talk and CNS and you will never hear anything about the fake news being you know ...fake.
Did you happen to notice that your cut and paste stuff here is usually blown away by the libs with real facts and you sometimes get piqued over it?
Naw... Never happens.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to more important news...

According to Ed Klein, two months after Hillary Clinton resigned from her position as Obama’s Secretary of State, Hillary told a group of friends, over one too many glasses of wine, that, about Obama, “You can’t trust the motherf***er,” while claiming that “Obama has turned into a joke.”
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC, "fake", "fake", "fake", okay, whatever, have your fakeness.
It's a lot like Hawaiian sand, easy to sink into.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 315, 316, 317 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 316 of 573

Jump to: