myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 314, 315, 316 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
When I see something that I find hard to buy into, I just look a bit to see if there is something to it rather than immediately dumping on the poster. Do your research and then if justified, go ahead and dump.

What?

You mean you don't like it when someone posts selective or cherry-picked data?

You don't like it when someone tries to convey a highly distorted or wrong impression of the "truth" by selective editing?

I'm shocked, I tell you, SHOCKED!

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
7. Barack Obama is my hero, and nothing he can do including nuking the Vatican or replacing my life's savings with a government IOU will change that.

No, Mikey, no.

Obama's not a hero.

Obama/Biden is/was somewhat less objectionable than the alternatives -- McCain/Palin and Romney/Ryan.

But your post is a perfect example of how YOU distort the narrative by your exaggeration.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than demand "change" many here continue personal attacks. The hallmark of liberalism. I say LET THEM POOP IN THE HALLWAYS!
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Rather than demand "change" many here continue personal attacks. The hallmark of liberalism. I say LET THEM POOP IN THE HALLWAYS!

There are literally millions of Federal employees, most of which do not change when a new administration comes into office. Is it your position that Obama must be responsible for the behavior of each and every one of the millions of Federal employees?

How do you know the political persuasion of the passageway pooper? Is it your position that each one of the millions of Federal Employees are liberal?
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

Whatever floats your feces, big guy. As a taxpayer, those are your hallways...
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

Why not? After all, our president shits on the Constitution in the Oval Office almost weekly. The Supreme Court has unanimously decided that 13 times now.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"When I see something that I find hard to buy into, I just look a bit to see if there is something to it rather than immediately dumping on the poster. Do your research and then if justified, go ahead and dump."

You've got a problem with me asking Bard about his source for his comments? In my view, taking someone else's comments and not giving them proper credit is inappropriate. Yet, Bard frequently does that, and you know that. Similarly, taking information from a source and crafting your own skewed message using it still warrants some reasonable reference, particularly if the stuff is arguably off-the-wall. Why spend time researching where that kind of gutter news comes from? I'd rather question the tool spreading it.

I have to guess that you feel differently about such things. Why is that?
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sw said:
Quote:
You've got a problem with me asking Bard about his source for his comments? In my view, taking someone else's comments and not giving them proper credit is inappropriate. Yet, Bard frequently does that, and you know that. Similarly, taking information from a source and crafting your own skewed message using it still warrants some reasonable reference, particularly if the stuff is arguably off-the-wall. Why spend time researching where that kind of gutter news comes from? I'd rather question the tool spreading it.

I have to guess that you feel differently about such things. Why is that?

Posting "factual" information depends upon sources and they should be acknowledged. On the other hand, opinions are just that, opinions. I think this is where bard goes astray, he posts things that he believes and doesn't necessarily feel compelled to provide a source. I think that is fine if it is offered up as an "opinion". News stories without a source will always be looked upon with skepticism, and of course any right wind source will ALWAYS be discredited regardless of the facts or truth by the left (gutter news as you say).

Typically, there are things posted from the right that do not generate any debate or comment other than deflecting to some other line of thought or topic, or the source is deemed to be not credible. When this occurs, it's obvious the right has hit the mark and there isn't a valid argument that the left can post. This of course happens on both sides. Silence frequently means a valid point has been made.

Even if the left seems incapable of admitting that different elements of the media are bias (both right and left), the conservative media will dig into stories that the left leaning media won't touch or will ignore. Yes, some elements of the right leaning media over play the issues, just like the left leaning media does when the conservatives are in power. If you ignore the opposing elements of the media and just listen to or read "your" side of the news, you are not well informed.

One just has to filter out the BS from the stories to hopefully get some sound information.

The "Poop" story is a good example of the above. The story seems to be valid, but overplayed. Has any lefty acknowledged that some sicko in the EPA is a poop bandit? No, just discrediting the source seems to be the tactic.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
The "Poop" story is a good example of the above. The story seems to be valid, but overplayed. Has any lefty acknowledged that some sicko in the EPA is a poop bandit? No, just discrediting the source seems to be the tactic.

Why should a "lefty" have to acknowledge that there's a mad crapper stalking the dark corners of the EPA?

The REAL question, that you've sidestepped, is why did a "righty" feel compelled to post something as weird as this? Was it to impugn Obama because some guy took a dump in the EPA hallway?

But that type of guilt by association is so very common on this forum.

So, when that kind of crap (to use an expression) is posted, it's only fair to point out that it came from a tea party web site -- and the tea party is obsessed with O-hate. Turnabout guilt by association is fair play.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"of course any right wind source will ALWAYS be discredited regardless of the facts or truth by the left (gutter news as you say)."

In the past, I have made a point to highlight that the credibility of 24/7 cable news coming from the right or the left is questionable. To me, the biases stick out like a sore thumb despite their leaning. However, there's a big difference between reputable news from the right or left, and what I refer to as "gutter news". The latter comes from sources like Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage and others of their ilk. I'm sure that you could name some of those from the left, but I can assure you that I don't give them any credibility either. These days though, it's readily clear to most thoughtful folks that the majority of "gutter news" comes from more extreme right wing sources. You know, the kind of news and style made famous by rags in the past like the National Enquirer.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, when I googled that story it came up on a bunch of sources. Not sure if it originated at TPNN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 314, 315, 316 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 315 of 573

Jump to: