myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
US Windsurfing Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: US Windsurfing Update Reply with quote

Hi friends of the wind,

After a decade of service as Director of US Windsurfing's Northeast Region covering all of New England and New York, I reach out to thank everyone for their stoke. The time is now to step aside.

My role succeeded Ellen Faller who took the helm after Marc Lefebvre left for Maui. When I began my service, US Windsurfing had initiated a strong youth development and training program and worked with many people across the USA to support their efforts to increase the participation of family and kids.

US Windsurfing recognized then that windsurfers who love racing, high-wind bashing and competition of all sorts required our continued support. US Windsurfing responded by providing a new National Race Tour Championship to leverage the rise of Formula Windsurfing, held its annual US National Championship for an ever-changing set of classes and established a junior racing program called Team USA. Many of the Team USA sailors are now at the top of the windsurfing heap, including our past Men's Olympic windsurfer! One of my most proud roles was as a founding member of US Sailing's Windsurfing Task force. Lasting three years, the WtF successfully channeled thousands of dollars to promote junior windsurfing and brought the Techno 293 World Championship to San Francisco in 2010. This year, the USA hosts the Kona One World Championship!

The NRT still rolls on, as does the US's National Championship, and US Windsurfing continues to work with many other groups to address funding, training and access opportunities.

The legend, the man, and instructor trainer extraordinaire, Ned "Coach" Crossley skillfully takes over the helm in New England. Ned brings his career of coaching at Division One athletic programs, and already knows many of you. Most importantly, Ned trains windsurfing instructors by the dozens each year and coordinates program strategy with colleagues in the UK so bring the best of what's proven across the pond home to our area. Please greet Ned with his trademarked fist bump!

Congratulations, Ned.

RickCronk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your service Dan, and congratulations Ned.
Mgoetz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks Dan! I've referenced some of your posts here regarding equipment and tuning issues and they were helpful. Good luck.
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Dan. Go Ned!
geohaye

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear, hear!
outcast

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dan.
salyn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dan! Congratulations Ned! Smile
faller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,
Many thanks for your excellent service to USW. And to Ned Crossley who will be an excellent replacement.
In talking with Jerome Sampson earlier this month at Nationals in MN, I know USW is in good hands and things are looking good for our sport.
Best wishes to you both!
Ellen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: