myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Full day session!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rigitrite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Full day session! Reply with quote

Great day yesterday at Pomona Lake (about 70 miles west of KC). I sailed for at least five hours powered up either 5.4 or 4.8 all day. Not only was it good freestyle conditions, but the place we sail from at Pomona, you can take your kids there and just let them run wild. It's isolated from the crowds, entry restricted to windsurfers and kiters (we rent the entire area each weekend for the whole spring, summer, fall...it cost $40 join the group). You can camp there too: park, camp, rig just feet from the grassy/muddy shore. Everyone watches out for eveyone else, and the kids had a BLAST. "Dad! We saw a Turkey in the woods! A real Turkey, and lizard too!!!"
So not only do I get to windsurf until I can't move, but I also take the kids for the whole day, so the wife gets precious time to herself and......my stock goes up.
This lake does not get the amazing swell of Clinton lake (my usual sailing spot), but for days like this: it was soooooooo worth it.

rigitrite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and it just keeps comin'! Forecasts for this week in central/eastern Kansas:
Monday: south wind 25-35 mph, sunny & warm.
Tuesday: south wind 20-30 mph, sunny & warm.
Wednesday: south wind 15-25 mph, sunny & warm.
Thursday: south wind 15-20 mph, chance of rain & warm.

Headed to Clinton lake for the afternoon. Very Happy

rigitrite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good session today; though not as windy as forecast. I continue to be frustrated by the Spock (getting ever closer though), but I did get fully planing on both tacks sailing switch in the straps for the first time, and came very close to successfully ducking the sail for front to back sailing on my good side (starboard). Someday the Kono and the Funnell will be mine....oh yes....they will be mine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: