myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Looking for someone driving from SFO to Portland or Gorge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GarryW

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Looking for someone driving from SFO to Portland or Gorge Reply with quote

I'm hoping to find someone driving from San Francisco to Portland or even better Hood River. I have 4 sails in SFO and need to get them to Hood River. Of course I'll make it worth your while. Thanks
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Sail transport from SFO Reply with quote

May I suggest Amtrak? I think it will be about $40; tell the SFO station they are BOAT sails (otherwise, they may treat them like the dreaded/hated SURFBOARD and charge you $80, which is max for surf/windsurf gear). And you will have to pick up at the Portland train station.

Getting someone to pickup gear in the Bay Area might be a challenge, thanks to the rotating (and often static) hamster wheel of uber-annoying freeways there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: