myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Coyote Pt: Sat, Sun & Monday Reply with quote

Sat: Saw Bert rigging down so I my smallest sail, a 4.5 Retro. (I'm 220-#) By the time I hit the wind line, it was OP'd and too much a shock to feel comfortable. Tried to get comfortable with a few runs but no luck. Came in to sail another day... saw gusts were hitting 47 at SFO! Looks like I picked the very worst time to try and sail. Sad

Sun: Started earlier on Bert's lead from Sat. Rigged 5.6 hucker and was light then fine then way powered... probably 4.8 hucker or 4.5 Retro out side at the end but fine with added outhaul. I got in over 20 miles on GPS in 1hr 15 min and was beat and a big smile. (arms & legs sore from Sat struggle) Best to start early, get used to the gusts and they don't seem so bad just like boiling missionaries you invite to dinner... not telling them the hot tub they are in is the stew pot and it is not too hot until too late. Shocked

& Monday I waited for wind to fill in and it never got solid. Went out on 6.6 and middle board (Real Wind)... Had fun but loads of slogging. It would have been great with big slalom/free race board with a more upright fin.... but it is on order and won't show until June.... Still fun and a great workout. Very Happy

http://kirklindstrom.blogspot.com/
koogzah

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heat wave? Spare the air?
TI don't give a sh!t. TI just delivers.
Nice late shift sessions today and yesterday.
The Honey Badger of SF bay sailing sites?
I think so.
spanker_jeep

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMMFAO Great post.
Never sailed there, looks sketchy as badger skatz.
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Stick and Crissy Reply with quote

Wed stick 6.6 and isonic. Wonderful day, warm and steady little breeze enough for constant planing

Thu stick 6.6 and carbon art, soon widely overpowered and need to change to 4.3 in a hurry. Still overpowered but very fun. Wind dies at 5 or so. Nice day

Fri Crissy 4.3 steady. Beautiful day, gets progressively choppy with the ebb but can sail west where there is only the nicer swell

Sat Crissy I bet another 43 day Very Happy and it was! Steady 4.3 powered up from 2:30 to 5:00, than it dropped to 5.0. Again annoyingly choppy, outside very flat but with not much swell.

Sun Crissy I bet another 43 day Embarassed and it was not! Again north westerly, with lots of short chop and a BIG hole in the middle. Still fun: 4.3 was ok outside of the hole, but 5.0 would have been better

Mon Crissy I bet a 50 day Embarassed Embarassed Nope ... dead ... time to go back to the Stick and play around for the next few days ...

Last edited by dvCali on Mon May 19, 2014 6:54 pm; edited 6 times in total
veterduet

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Marina Bay Reply with quote

Steady southerly wind from 2 to 4:30 - then a weird drop off - still seemed windy but nobody moving.
beallmd

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lahontan yesterday very nice 5.5 progressing to smaller stuff. Lahontan is beautiful in a natural, Nevada way.

untitled.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.46 MB
 Viewed:  11644 Time(s)

untitled.png

poussin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Great 1st day out this season Reply with quote

Awesome first day out at Crissy last night.
Got on the water at 5:15-sailed for 1hr-15min.
Had a great session-totally satisfied for 1st day out this season UNTIL I got home and realized I left my Nolimitz mast at Crissy!
Went back immediately but it was gone.
If someone found it please call me at 415-368-9535.

Can't wait to get out on the water again......with me mast! Wink

Thanks,

Greg
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Bodega, Sat May 17 Reply with quote

Rigged consensus 5.0: nuked in the gusts. Everyone left. I rigged down to 4.5 and stuck around in case someone showed up as safety backup. Someone showed up, so I went back out. Gusts were more controllable, but avg was insufficient to waterstart.

Possibly my first to second fastest sailing ever on port tack.

One sailor injured in gusts and characteristic fast chop: shoulder.
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Bodega, Sun May 18 Reply with quote

5.7. Cranky day: difficult to get into and remain in control in the gusts, holes and lulls gave slog and insufficient power to waterstart reliably.

Note: at Bodega, getting back into the water is not a workable cure to being cold from evaporative cooling from the wetsuit in waning sunlight.

Last edited by dsgrntlxmply on Mon May 19, 2014 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
bert

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Oyster Point on Sunday Reply with quote

4.2/90L at Oyster 'bout noon to 2 pm. 3.7 would have worked at the Flying Tigers cove. Not able to plane thru the dead zone at Genentech coming back. It's a bit like making it back planing to the ramp at Treasure..happens, but very rarely. Yesterday at the Stick was a bust. The wind graph show good strong wind for most of the afternoon (I was on my 4.7), however it did not translate into what was really happening on the water. The wind was super holey with lots of zero wind dead zones, plus the wind was mostly from the west..which gives you shitty wind. I was dead tired from uphauling way too often when unable to waterstart. Alas, in this sport.. as in life, you take the good with the bad Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 43 of 329

Jump to: