myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 more shot last night.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, the gun rights issue will NEVER be "solved" from either the liberal or conservative point of view.

1. It's extremely unlikely that guns in the US will ever be banned, except automatic weapons and maybe high capacity magazines (already in some states). Assault style weapons - maybe, but with a limited magazine capacity, they aren't much different than many other rifles.

2. The second Amendment is clear enough.

3. If the government every tried to ban guns and tried to collect them, millions & millions would ignore the recall.

4. Registering ALL guns will be debated forever and will likely never succeed, because of the remote possibility of #3 above. If I owned guns, I wouldn't want the government to know.

5. Background checks will improve, and will stop some from buying guns that they should not have, but for those determined, they will find a way.

6. We can debate forever, but little will change. Too much water under the bridge to do anything major.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be mostly solved in the real world.
Almost no liberal wants to take away everyone's guns.no problem there.
Almost everyone,including most NRA members, want solid background checks and present gun laws to be firmly enforced.
This is also the NRA public position. Off screen they are fighting nearly every gun law in the nation and successfully opposing background checks.
Nuts and criminals are a big market for guns.
If they banned the NRA from buying politicians, most of the issue would resolve itself between libs and conservatives. They are not far apart in the real world.
The problem is all the lies about every liberal wanting to take away your guns.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gun nuts or Nun guts
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9DHgnKeAxo

Couldn't help but post....
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.vocativ.com/usa/guns/nras-bizzaro-web-series-hipsters/
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
To me, the gun rights issue will NEVER be "solved" from either the liberal or conservative point of view.

1. It's extremely unlikely that guns in the US will ever be banned, except automatic weapons and maybe high capacity magazines (already in some states). Assault style weapons - maybe, but with a limited magazine capacity, they aren't much different than many other rifles.

2. The second Amendment is clear enough.

3. If the government every tried to ban guns and tried to collect them, millions & millions would ignore the recall.

4. Registering ALL guns will be debated forever and will likely never succeed, because of the remote possibility of #3 above. If I owned guns, I wouldn't want the government to know.

5. Background checks will improve, and will stop some from buying guns that they should not have, but for those determined, they will find a way.

6. We can debate forever, but little will change. Too much water under the bridge to do anything major.

So I guess just apply the same philosophy as with the drug war. Can't beat 'em or change it so just legalize it - all of it - and its inherent effect on society.....right? I guess they just need to figure out how to tax this insanity, regulate it, prosper from this sickness and convince us all "it's for our own good."

Happy killing....let the murder continue.
techno900

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So give me a workable solution that doesn't infringe on our constitution and I will listen. While many don't like the concept of the "right to keep and bear arms", it is our law. Changing it significantly will not happen unless a tyrannical government comes into power.

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote:
In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Supreme Court handed down a landmark decision, expressly holding the amendment to protect an individual right to possess and carry firearms.

Historically, it's not all that simple, but this is where we are today.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
So give me a workable solution that doesn't infringe on our constitution and I will listen. While many don't like the concept of the "right to keep and bear arms", it is our law. Changing it significantly will not happen unless a tyrannical government comes into power.

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote:
In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Supreme Court handed down a landmark decision, expressly holding the amendment to protect an individual right to possess and carry firearms.

Historically, it's not all that simple, but this is where we are today.

Requiring the arms-bearing people to be licensed to bear and requiring that all arms be registered and insured would not conflict with the language of the Constitution.

No different than owning, registering, and insuring an automobile and receiving a license to use that automobile.

No, the Constitution does not require those things, just like it doesn't require a driver's license. Nor does it exclude those controls.

We also need a REASONABLE definition of the type and nature of "arms" referenced in the Constitution.
_______

And speaking of tyrannical government...

One could argue that the imposition of the Patriot Act and the NSA's expanded authorities on American society were and still are acts of tyranny. (Tyranny: "cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary use of power or control")...

...courtesy of Dubya, and unfortunately not overturned by Obama.

Last edited by pueno on Sat May 17, 2014 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can suggest a workable solution, techno. Allow folks who pass a background check to own guns. Enforce current law as long as it also meets that criteria.
This is the position of most liberals.
Everyone OK with that?
And when someone lies to you about the opinions of libs, tell them they are lying and creating a divisive issue that hurts our country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 125 of 331

Jump to: