myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Benghazi-gate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 122, 123, 124  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Well said.

Yes, I agree with those feelings. I was very upset at the Tillman affair. We all can agree that we'd rather have leaders who spoke the truth, and took the heat. I wonder if Eisenhower had any scandals. Was it because he was a grizzled old military veteran?

Sadly, they wouldn't get elected.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scandals are special to Obama. The same events until his presidency were barely news. That will be true again once a Republican gets elected.
Did anyone here notice the previous twelve attacks on Embassies since 2000?
They spent over $100 million of tax money on the Clinton thing alone.
They are likely planning to spend a lot more tax money on Mrs. Clinton to create fake scandals than they have until now.
I wonder how much of our money has been wasted on Benghazi so far. I heard Boehner plans to set up another panel with a multi million dollar budget and continue for three years until after the next election.
Politics as usual.
Conservatives just cheering this waste on, while complaining about Gov. spending.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Hey Bard ...nobody is "screwed:, cheer up.

Why Optimism Leads to Greater Happiness
Neuroscientists have discovered that people who have a more cheerful disposition and are more prone to optimism generally have higher activity occurring in their left PFC. But that's a brain explanation. Interestingly, behavioral scientists have observed fascinating differences between optimists and pessimists. Optimism, for example, involves highly desirable cognitive, emotional, and motivational components. Optimistic people tend to have better moods, to be more persevering and successful, and to experience better physical health. One factor may be simply that optimists attribute good events to themselves in terms of permanence, citing their traits and abilities as the cause, and bad events as transient (using words like "sometimes" or "lately"), or the fault of other people. In addition, optimists:
• Lead happy, rich, fulfilled lives
• Spend the least amount of time alone, and the most time socializing
• Have good relationships
• Have better health habits
• Have stronger immune systems
• Live longer than pessimists

Hell, I agree with this too. I have a couple of mottos:

1 Prepare for the worst, assume it'll be the best
2 Luck is where preparation and opportunity meet
3 You are your own worst enemy....(unless you know this already!)

Boggs, you know the bottom will drop out sooner or later. The money printing and bad management of many administrations, banks, and corporations will eventually catch up to us. However, I wouldn't be where I am if I were a pessimist. You have to have a bright and youthful outlook, and stay in the game. Most important to stay in the game... And be ready to get the fuck out of Dodge when all hell breaks out!
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with Bard and Boggsy on this..
On the way out of Dodge, after the collapse I may finally get some use out of the revolver I have owned all my life without using it.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What goes up must come down, right? Here on earth, that's what gravity is all about. Hell, I could die tomorrow, or maybe it's 20 years from now. You never know what's going to happen. Every day serves as an opportunity to do something interesting and productive. Yet, as we look back, some days are better than others.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'It was a bad day'.
Classy. Rolling Eyes ++++
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey Gowdy asks the media some great questions:

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/05/13/trey-gowdy-destroys-the-mainstream-media-in-just-three-minutes-on-benghazi/

DO YOU KNOW WHY?
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't use Issa this time because he was hysterical and offensive.
Trey has been chosen to be made a fool since he seems respectable.
Too bad ,I liked him before .
I have followed the investigation and know the answers to most of his questions on Bards link to that offensive site.
He would do the same if this is a real investigation.
Since it is a fake one ,he decided to go back and ask every witch hunt question again and again.
This is why unlimited tax funding running in the millions has been authorized and unlimited time.
There will never be an end to this as long as conservatives prefer our representatives waste tax money instead of good legislation to create jobs.
This farce is a sign of the low standards modern conservatives have been taught.
I am fine with an elenth investigation as long as the GOP spends their OWN MONEY and not ours.
They would never consider that. Wasting tax money is their main job.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Rep. Gowdy starts off accusing President Obama of broken promises. No doubt, Gowdy is a complete jerk, and he'll prove it beyond any questionable doubt. We're in for more bad theater that works off the premise that the Obama administration is guilty of untold crimes. Gowdy plays the rabid attack dog prosecutor that will never give up his manufactured charade to appeal to open mouthed Republican voters hungry for blood. Fishing for hateful fools to buy into a contrived preconceived storyline. Bard, it's no surprise that you're eagerly grabbing your seat in the audience.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it matters what site it's on. However, I'd like answers to his questions.

He is the leader of this investigation, and some media outlet should get these answers.

KC, you know many Democrats have stood up for this investigation. They genuinely want to know why. I think this is about a systematic failure of government. Let's get the answers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 74 of 124

Jump to: