myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
CGWA Purchases Swell City!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vbr1

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there still a ban of the great Rob Wymore at Swallow City or does that no trespassing order expire with the land transfer ? We could have a pot luck and all the owners of the 14 year old RW p.o.s. 's can circle jerk again now that the psycho/thief will be allowed to return.
dhanson928

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbr1 wrote:
Is there still a ban of the great Rob Wymore at Swallow City or does that no trespassing order expire with the land transfer ? We could have a pot luck and all the owners of the 14 year old RW p.o.s. 's can circle jerk again now that the psycho/thief will be allowed to return.

I heard he got married to bob dill
scottwerden

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where exactly is this 1 acre located? The launch is maybe 1/4 of an acre in size. The cove is about the same. Must be a very odd shaped piece of land, useless for anything but this.

Not clear to me whether CGWA will retain the same parking fee structure. And of course Brenda.
eyriebob

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottwerden wrote:
So where exactly is this 1 acre located? The launch is maybe 1/4 of an acre in size. The cove is about the same. Must be a very odd shaped piece of land, useless for anything but this.

Not clear to me whether CGWA will retain the same parking fee structure. And of course Brenda.
... Brenda is managing the beach, thank God! I hear that GCWA members will get a discount on daily passes as well!. What a great setup! I have not seen any of the board or sail company,s pedaling at Swell in many years.
johnl

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, if you read the prior posts, it's pretty clear. It is NOT a parking fee, but a usage fee, and the current arrangement is for Brenda to continue. However CGWA has not worked out a long term plan for Swell City since they were pretty much rushed to research and approve the purchase. So there could be changes in the future. But one thing is certain, it will remain a windsurfing site....
scottwerden

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand it was a launch fee that was being charged in the past. That has always been the case at Swell. The only post about what happens next was in the original post but it was short on details. What are the boundaries of the purchased lot? Does that include the cove? Is the parking area an easement on the parcel or is it public land? Is the VIP parking area in or out of the parcel?

At any rate this is good news. I can get details from CGWA.
eyriebob

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottwerden wrote:
I understand it was a launch fee that was being charged in the past. That has always been the case at Swell. The only post about what happens next was in the original post but it was short on details. What are the boundaries of the purchased lot? Does that include the cove? Is the parking area an easement on the parcel or is it public land? Is the VIP parking area in or out of the parcel?

The Swell property includes the cove as well. The whole stretch along the highway .Some locals had just asked that same question,Brenda has cleared that up and the property was reciently surveyed, She invites everyone to come down ,join in amd sail.
johnl

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottwerden wrote:

Actually I was giving you details from CGWA Smile But the reality is that they haven't been worked out yet Smile
knifeonwater

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of rumors flying around so please don't quote me on this but I ran into my step brother, Ezra, at Mother's Day brunch at the Red Carpet and he told me that he has a friend who is "dating" the sister of the CGWA secretary. He said that she said that the CGWA has secret detailed maps of a Swell City Master Plan with three phases.

Phase One: Installation of a valet kiosk and gate at the west entrance. All vehicles will be valet parked. Rigging service available at a nominal additional fee.

Phase Two: Beach front condos. Unlimited supply of earplugs included.

Phase Three: Kite Launch. Sand fill from the point westward to create the Gorge's premier big swell/wind kite launch.

Sounds great, but I guess I'll be bass fishing at the Hatchery from now on.

Last edited by knifeonwater on Tue May 13, 2014 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
dosfatboys

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey K-nife on the water,
I gotta step bro named Ezra too, and he/she (I can't remember), told me Phase Four: Nude swimming will only be allowed when the moon is full! There will be no *ass fishing at Swell, don't know about the Hatchery.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: