myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
sup sails
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely Greg. I think many of us are grateful that it happened that way, and we were there at the right moment. (A new, rapidly evolving and hard to learn sport, which carried us along with each exciting new development.)

I seriously wonder if youngsters just starting out today are missing out on that character building struggle - it really isn't just make believe.

No, I don't know the answer, but I think perfection can go too far, and things become too compartmentalised and complicated. SUP is surely going back to basics. (and fun)isn't it?
gregnw44

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Like in this thread. A new motivated guy, who's looking for practical advice... asks if this rig, that he already has (which he probably got, for next to nothing) is useable.

Many people, flat out, said no... with no explanation or understanding about this guy.
And... they're giving me a hard time, cause I said... since he already has it.... that it will work for him. In fact it will work pretty good in "certain" conditions.

The owner of this sail, is a very light guy, sailing a big floaty shortboard... and just wants the power to get him going in flat water in marginal winds.
You and I know, it'll work fine for that.
Sure, when he gets more skill... and decides his next goal in windsurfing... he get a sail that will handle more wind better (also for cheap).
But... just for getting going... there's nothing wrong with a cheap or free sail like this.

This sail would also work great on a wind-sup.
Also... you and I would've lusted after a I sail like this in 1985 !!
Compared to soft no batten triangular sails... this guys 6.8 is a World Cup winner, LOL
Greg Smile
gregnw44

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregnw44 wrote:
Yep. Like in this thread. A new motivated guy, who's looking for practical advice... asks if this rig, that he already has (which he probably got, for next to nothing) is useable.

Many people, flat out, said no... with no explanation or understanding about this guy.
And... they're giving me a hard time, cause I said... since he already has it.... that it will work for him. In fact it will work pretty good in "certain" conditions.

The owner of this sail, is a very light guy, sailing a big floaty shortboard... and just wants the power to get him going in flat water in marginal winds.
You and I know, it'll work fine for that.
Sure, when he gets more skill... and decides his next goal in windsurfing... he get a sail that will handle more wind better (also for cheap).
But... just for getting going... there's nothing wrong with a cheap or free sail like this.

This sail would also work great on a wind-sup.
Also... you and I would've lusted after a I sail like this in 1985 !!
Compared to soft no batten triangular sails... this guys 6.8 is a World Cup winner, LOL
Greg Smile

http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28157
w8n4wind

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamieinnyc wrote:
, much as the Severne Superlight (which I also have) is a disaster outside of it's very narrow range.

what was the problem with the severne superlight ?

outhaul

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w8n4wind wrote:
jamieinnyc wrote:
, much as the Severne Superlight (which I also have) is a disaster outside of it's very narrow range.

what was the problem with the severne superlight ?

he only responds to a select few, a bit of a snob if you will. note my pinky was extended while sipping my gin & tonic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: