myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obx board repair at Fox Watersports.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuyT

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Obx board repair at Fox Watersports. Reply with quote

Big drama two weeks ago at the Canadian Hole, I broke my wife's board on the parking lot: I cracked the rail.

To minimize spouse damage, I immediately enquire about board repair in Hatteras and was redirected to Fox Watersports in Buxton.

Picked up the board 46 hours later, job was terrific, can't tell where the board was fixed and was amazed how cheap it was: $50.

So, my advice is, should you put yourself in a divorce situation like me, don't hesitate to consult Fox Watersports, they can fix things.

By the way, OBX has been good to me so far, 10 out of 11.
SeaDawg

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox has a great rep for getting things done.

Years ago I took the nose off one of my boards. Soaked up a lot of water. I had to go home long before it was done. Several weeks later I get a call from some guy on the New York State Thruway asking for directions to my house he had my board and an invoice for the repair.

Great job and fair price.
paulf.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of my favorite boards ever was a clam sandwich 8-8, bought used. i found out by moving the footstraps that prior owner had used too long screws right through the inserts. found out when the board gained 2 lbs and delamed under the footstraps. fox shop said no problem, we;ll just cut out the top,dry it out, rebuild with new inserts, WHAT?! i could not see the repair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: