myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 303, 304, 305 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(continued.)

This is a classic case of government and environmental agencies concentrating on a single issue (CO2) at the expense of ignoring more immediate and deadly dangers. Professor Martin Wilkins ( air quality -Kings College London) claims that, in hindsight, it was a mistake.

The final 'thrash out' session of the IPCC report was clearly not unanimously supported by all concerned. I previously quoted two members who refused to sign the final draft, and just days ago another (didn't record his name - hadn't intended to respond) American member claimed that the final draft had been subject to political pressure and interference, and had been exaggerated. (Here we go, yet again!)
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for errors - computer problems persist, and have to type at the gallop, or lose it all! Rolling Eyes
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info than you want on sea ice: http://wattsupwiththat.com/reference-pages/sea-ice-page/

It appears that the trend for Northern ice is down and Southern ice is up.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Youwindsurf.

Detailed, and fascinating. Gradual shrinkage trend undeniable - up to now!

But the future? (Aye, there's the rub,)
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always get a kick out of Rick Santelli.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4hsBSS24IQ

His take on climate change.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

No surprise that you'd like him.

He said that Earth is 4.6 billion years old. Doesn't that conflict with what so many believe... that Earth's only 5000 years old, and that man and dinosaurs were alive at the same time?

Are you one of those, Mr. B?
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santelli is certainly a character. A pretty fast talking one. I have to admit, following that guy and being able to keep up wouldn't be something I could do very well. He's explosive and moves around a lot

After watching your link, I watched another one where Santelli goes off on a WSJ reporter about the Fed and QE. Actually, the reporter did pretty damn well. Very entertaining. Santelli has a classic east coast style.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
stevenbard wrote:

No surprise that you'd like him.

He said that Earth is 4.6 billion years old. Doesn't that conflict with what so many believe... that Earth's only 5000 years old, and that man and dinosaurs were alive at the same time?

Are you one of those, Mr. B?

There is no conflict. If you understand physics and the great expansion of the universe, (Big Bang) you'd understand that from the center of the big bang it would only seem like a few days, but from our perspective it has been billions of years. I heard a physicist explain this concept. The great expansion occurred at light speed according to almost all scientists.

Wrap your head around that, and then check the milky way out some clear night. Hopefully not on acid.... Laughing
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Santelli is certainly a character. A pretty fast talking one. I have to admit, following that guy and being able to keep up wouldn't be something I could do very well. He's explosive and moves around a lot

After watching your link, I watched another one where Santelli goes off on a WSJ reporter about the Fed and QE. Actually, the reporter did pretty damn well. Very entertaining. Santelli has a classic east coast style.

So true. I have to replay his segment just to understand what he's saying sometimes. He is definitely against any more QE! One other thing strikes me. The rich need QE to support this asset bubble. QE has done nothing but make the rich richer.

Ironically, for so many guys like yourself who care about the poor, this has really hurt the poor. If there had been no QE, and no bailouts, the meek would have indeed inherited the earth. And there would have been Wall Street bankers hanging from trees. (metaphorically) Home prices would have fallen in half, big government would be history, savers like grandma would have finally been able to buy a house, and interest rates would have fallen naturally to very low levels.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

There is no conflict. If you understand physics and the great expansion of the universe, (Big Bang) you'd understand that from the center of the big bang it would only seem like a few days, but from our perspective it has been billions of years. I heard a physicist explain this concept. The great expansion occurred at light speed according to almost all scientists.

Wrap your head around that, and then check the milky way out some clear night. Hopefully not on acid.... Laughing

But who's to say that the speed of light was the same during the first few femtoseconds -- or millions of years -- of the "great expansion" as now? We know that the rules of conventional physics, e.g., Newtonian, do not hold near the speed of light (as we know it), which is in the relativistic domain.

We do not know that the rules of physics -- either classical Newtonian or relativistic -- were the same at the beginning as now. Thus, we don't know if the speed of light has remained constant over time. Indeed, we don't even know if time has remained constant over time. (After all, you point out that it changes with speed.) And we surely know that time is NOT constant over speed. Moreover, those comparisons are relative and independent as well as relatively independent, as everyone knows. They lack a frame of reference.

If you have a few minutes, please research it in the Bible. I'm sure you can find it at lightspeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 303, 304, 305 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 304 of 573

Jump to: