myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Mistral Superlight for free in Westchester/Fairfield area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windrockwater

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Mistral Superlight for free in Westchester/Fairfield area Reply with quote

I am unloading gear that is not being used and sitting around the yard. I put a totally ripped sail on the curb and within 5 minutes someone took it to make 'handbags'. Hilarious.

I am getting rid of a Mistral Superlight. I have two and will keep one for now. So i am getting rid of the other. I do not have a centerboard or fin for it. (I might find it but cannot guarantee anything). So its kinda of a 'bare' board. The board itself is in decent shape. I imagine someone could epoxy in a fin and have a usable board. I have always loved sailing it.

If anyone wants it, let me know. Otherwise off to the curb it goes. And that means it just d i s a p p e a r s. Smile
ctmellorbldr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Superlight Reply with quote

Hi,

I would love to have the Superlight if it is still available - tried to pm thru the site but not sure it went through. I am in Fairfield, CT so picking it up is not a problem.

Thanks!
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ... a very good SUP, free. Good deal!
bdegeorge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in the Superlight. I have a daggerboard for it and a fin. Please call me at 631-831-0727 Bill
windrockwater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get a PM so i will get back to you asap. I have to get it out from under my deck and check it out. Hopefully I can find time this weekend. I windsurf sometimes in Fairfield so maybe i can arrange to bring it when i go there soon. I will have a beach sticker.

To the OP: I tried SUPing on it and really didn't like it that much for that purpose. I found it very tippy from side to side. But it tracks very well as a SUP or Windsurfer and I am a big guy. So i suppose you're right that it is also a good SUP for many, particularly lighter/smaller folk.
windrockwater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctmellorbldr: I finally PM-ed you back. The superlight board is finally ready for pick up if you are still interested.
windrockwater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a pic of the superlight that is available for anyone who wants it. I washed it off and its ready for pickup! Its in pretty decent shape but is stripped bare of all the removable parts for it. (I have another superlight that i want to keep running so i am keeping miscellaneous pieces for that.)

If anyone wants it, its free in lower Westchester, NY.... Otherwise in a week or so i will take it to the dump or put it on the curb and see what happens.

superlight.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  173.81 KB
 Viewed:  17875 Time(s)

superlight.jpg

jkrivt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Superlight Reply with quote

Do you still have it? I am heading to NJ tomorrow and could detour and pick it up.

Thanks Bob
windrockwater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. Check your PM.
windrockwater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Board is still available if anyone wants it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: