myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsrfing & The Gorge!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsmike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't shame a "creep-shamer" is what I instinctively want to say, but instead I'll say that finding a mate online is extremely serendipitous in my experience at best. Didn't mean to shame you Paul, and I think Biff's reply was an extreme and deeply psychologically dramatic interpretation of my post but it is a touchy subject.

I'm not going to offer up any more unwanted free advice since Paul probably got plenty last go round. Suffice it to say iwindsurf's forum is not designed for online dating, but I encourage you Paul, go get 'em! because as Biff said, women refuse to initiate because they don't have to. Despite decades of "women's lib" and empowering women, but that is also a touchy and polarizing subject which is probably best discussed on another forum or venue.
joew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, do you really want a mate who windsurfs? careful what you wish for , the old adage has staying power due to it's wisdom. If I were single again I'd head to SE asia and explore the region, find a nice travel companion and feel what it's like to be valued.
skyhigh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

[quote="biffmalibu"]"Creep-shaming" Paul for advertising for a woman here is really unfair and mean-spirited. Paul has a lot of guts for making himself vulnerable here.

In case nobody has noticed, there aren't too many rules anymore for finding a mate. There is no law that says that one cannot bust out of the ghettos of "dating" (term used very loosely) websites. Whatever works is a good thing; more alternative means ought to be acceptable.

Throwing the words "creep" and "creepy" around has become a misandric trend in recent years. Usually, these are words women use to shame a man they distrust and fear for little reason. A fellow man jumping on that hate/fear bandwagon is really discouraging.

I support Paul for having the guts to TRY in an unorthodox manner. Until something magical happens and women start actually initiating the whole process (fat chance), men have no choice but to TRY first.

I would LOVE to hear a success story of Paul ending up with a mega-hottie! And then all the wankers and shamers can suck eggs.[/quot

Embarassed My intentions were honorable, thanks for your support and for the replys & most of the comments. I'm having better luck on ChristianMingle!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: