myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsrfing & The Gorge!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CUSalin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, Clearly you have not figured out that "dating season" in Hood River is from Oct through end of March.

Good Luck and CU Sailin' Smile

surfersteve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailin' has an excellent point. I snagged my wife in the winter. She doesn't sail though... BTW Spennie, you lost your humor when you corrected grammar with your own error. It's (thanks Iso) there's - as in: the contraction for THERE and IS, not THEIR'S which is possessive.
jota

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, you realize Spennie was being ironic, right?

Same with Iso ending with "Dumb shit's"?

And for the record, it's never "their's" . . . the correct possessive form is "theirs," as in "theirs is a better sail."
spennie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surfersteve: There were 3 deliberate mis-uses of different forms of 'there' in my post, not just one, and yes, it was irony.
jota

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . . none of which is helping Skyhigh in his quest.

Getting any PMs? Maybe you should provide some more info - like age, where you live . . .

Or try <cough> kiting <cough> also. Have you checked out the kiter girls and women at kite beach and in Baja? Why narrow your field?
surfersteve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. OK. Ha.
joew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really lame thread, not the place to find a life partner for sure. I know of one really good windsurfer chick who lives in HR, mountain bikes,is pretty well rounded and well educated and most of you locals know she's looking for a boyfriend, Knock Knock.
TBird

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for a woman who windsurfs, I recommend you, uh, go windsurfing. You will notice many women there, several of whom know how to use an apostrophe and all of whom, cosmoecho, know how to rig their own gear. Confused
wsmike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice how few women seem to be replying? maybe this forum isn't the best spot to shop for a gf. There are lots of dating sites out there: match, okcupid, eharmony, etc. Which, is where I found my soon to be kiter gf.

Women respond to a photo just as much as us guys do (generally speaking), despite the fact that they may deny it. No photo = no date...unless you're ridiculously charming and can run circles around her with words.

They also respond to confidence and humor, a guy on an internet forum asking for someone to be his gf doesn't sound like the surest move. Start chatting girls up on the beach, and stop asking for blind dates on the iw forums because for one, it's just a little creepy.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Paul has gigantic cahones. Reply with quote

"Creep-shaming" Paul for advertising for a woman here is really unfair and mean-spirited. Paul has a lot of guts for making himself vulnerable here.

In case nobody has noticed, there aren't too many rules anymore for finding a mate. There is no law that says that one cannot bust out of the ghettos of "dating" (term used very loosely) websites. Whatever works is a good thing; more alternative means ought to be acceptable.

Throwing the words "creep" and "creepy" around has become a misandric trend in recent years. Usually, these are words women use to shame a man they distrust and fear for little reason. A fellow man jumping on that hate/fear bandwagon is really discouraging.

I support Paul for having the guts to TRY in an unorthodox manner. Until something magical happens and women start actually initiating the whole process (fat chance), men have no choice but to TRY first.

I would LOVE to hear a success story of Paul ending up with a mega-hottie! And then all the wankers and shamers can suck eggs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: