myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:
Well said Mike on all accounts. Right on Mac. NW, are you referring to SB's paranoia?

Fredrick, I have a collection of fine vintage guitars, art, windsurfing gear, wine and guns. So the motion detector/alarm will only help to keep drug addled morons like yourself out before I have to use the guns.

Robert Downey Jr. lives across the street from me, and he's been known to wander into other peoples homes and fall asleep in their beds..... Laughing

If food prices continue on their current trajectory, (thank you Obama) you will be wandering your neighborhood like a zombie rummaging garbage. So, in conclusion, I don't own a food bucket, but do own a fishing pole and water purifier. (My pool holds 25,000 gallons of fresh water) This would be my prep kit. What's yours genius? Oh, you assume that Obama will be coming through your neighborhood with free food when an earthquake or power outage hits? Good luck with that......because you're so special.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have a collection of fine vintage guitars, art, windsurfing gear, wine and guns."

What kind of art do you have? Seriously, what appeals to you and why? I enjoy art, and I have an interesting collection myself. I also have quite a few custom windsurfing boards from my past.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the guitars? Sorry to pull your strings SB. No harm, no foul. Any man who likes SRV is a friend of mine. I'm just buttering you up so I can use your pool and toys.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Oh, you assume that Obama will be coming through your neighborhood with free food when an earthquake or power outage hits?

That was Romney's trick, if you care to remember accurately.

frederick23 wrote:
And the guitars? Sorry to pull your strings SB. No harm, no foul. Any man who likes SRV is a friend of mine. I'm just buttering you up so I can use your pool and toys.

Don't worry......... he won't fret.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
reinerehlers wrote:
From a Canadian perspective this belongs in the "Bizarre Stuff" thread.

As I've said before, according to
http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Assault-victims ,
Canadians are twice as likely as US residents to be assaulted. However, you have every legal right to let attackers kill you, to leave it up to the RCMP to catch the bad guys after you die. Many Americans, though, prefer to die an unavoidable natural death.

Most assaults don't result in death and are more than likely avoidable by keeping ones mouth shut at the appropriate time.

And then there are statistics like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate
Apparently I am almost 5 times more likely to be murdered with a firearm in the US and less likely to be shot and killed in a proactive country like Australia.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Most assaults don't result in death ...

So an assault is OK with you as long as the perp isn't going to do grave bodily harm to you or your family?
a. I don't agree.
b. How does one determine in advance how far an assailant will take it?
c. Once he's within 19 feet, the average trained cop MAY be able to draw and get off one shot ... which will probably miss because 19 feet takes about half a second to cover. That's why cops shoot center of mass when a guy holding a knife gets anywhere near that close.

reinerehlers wrote:
and are more than likely avoidable by keeping ones mouth shut at the appropriate time.

The assault statistics are way past that point.

reinerehlers wrote:
I am almost 5 times more likely to be murdered with a firearm in the US

Yep. That cat's out of the bag, and is one reason why so many of us carry. Besides, it's far less important to me HOW a perp plans to harm me than that he wants to in the first place.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "perp" and the "assailant". This must some of the esoteric lingo that one picks from the pros spending serious money on weapons and training. No doubt, when you can pepper the conversation with words like that, folks really know you're into it. Moreover, when listening to your police scanner, you're totally savvy about what's going on.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger that big buddy. 10 -4.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:

Chandler, mostly crystal ceramic, and some local painters. But my guitars....Es335 is 1967, Taylor 810CE, Les Paul, various Martin guitars, Fender and classical. Notice motion detector!! This is only half the collection.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
But my guitars....Es335 is 1967, Taylor 810CE, Les Paul, various Martin guitars, Fender and classical. Notice motion detector!! This is only half the collection.

Mmmm... love the Martin. I have a D-18, which I bought new in '65 for $250.

Ain't quite that price today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 122 of 331

Jump to: