myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't figure out if she was from Central casting, or really believes the nonsense she spouted. It is not unusual that people who get caught doing something wrong devise paranoid reasons to avoid personal responsibility. Yes, there's that word again--but not applied to the urban poor, applied to a careless business owner.

Hoist on the conservative petard.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a problem Techno and I were discussing.
There are the actual OSHA docs presented.
There is a extreme right phony who gives us his version, all of which is fraudulent if you examine the docs.
There is a left guy who writes an account which is accurate according to the actual docs.
I am a traditional conservative so I barely glanced at the partisan stuff left and right and read the actual truth in the OSHA docs.
The Talk Radio Conservatives.only read the fake partisan stuff and have shown no interest in the truth in the OSHA docs.
When did the fake press become you guys religion? Does the truth still ring with any of you?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:
Bard, you are completely paranoid and scary. I wouldn't drive on a federal bridge if I were you. Clinging to your guns and bible too much?

Better yet, buy a five gallon bucket of this from your favorite doomsday televangelist. http://jimbakkershow.com/lovegifts/food/bulk.html

Then, hunker down in your bunker with all your guns. Meanwhile I will be at a Cubs game.

You'd love to have my lifestyle......I'm more worried about my children's future.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then buy them some guns?
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:
Then buy them some guns?

Couldn't happen to a nicer fool. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Man Accidentally Shoots Himself At NRA Event
The Huffington Post | by Chris Gentilviso

A man accidentally shot himself at an NRA event on Tuesday, the (Easton, Pa.) Express-Times reported.

According to the paper, Bethlehem, Pa. police said the injury was non-life threatening, and the man was taken to a local hospital for treatment. His name was not released, police added.

The Express-Times noted that the program was held at the Lower Saucon Township gun range. In addition to being put on by the NRA, the Bethlehem Police Department also helped host the event, according to the paper.

The accident arrives about a month after National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre spoke at CPAC 2014, warning that the only way to fight back against infringements on gun rights was to join or donate to the NRA. He vowed that the organization would "not go quietly into the night" on the issue.

"There is no greater freedom than to survive and protect our families with all the rifles, shotguns and handguns we want," he said.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservatives Are Furious that Eric Holder Will Make Them Wear Anti-Freedom Jewelry

By Philip Bump

It had been a while since we had a new conservative meme, so let's embrace this one: Conservatives are angry that Attorney General Eric Holder plans to make them wear "gun tracking bracelets." Which, as you might expect, he doesn't.

Before a House subcommittee, Holder explained that while the Senate was debating new gun control measures last year, he and the vice president met with people who were working on technological innovations in gun manufacturing. "[W]e talked about how guns can be made more safe," he said, as transcribed by the conservative site Washington Free Beacon. "By making them either through fingerprint identification, the gun talks to a bracelet or something that you might wear, how guns can be used only by the person who is lawfully in possession of the weapon."

Holder was talking about things like the Gun Box, a storage device for firearms that can only be opened when the owner passes a radio frequency ID (RFID) chip over it, the sort of thing in your credit cards that lets you tap instead of swiping. The Gun Box embeds its RFID chip in a bracelet. Need your gun? Wave your hand over your storage box and it opens — but your kids and criminals can't gain access.

That's not the headline the Free Beacon put on its story, as Talking Points Memo noted on Wednesday. Instead, the site went with: "Holder: We Want to Explore Gun Tracking Bracelets." That's the headline that carried over to the conspiracy site InfoWars and to Fox News and to the NRA website. There's no tracking in what Holder referred to, unless you're worried about being tracked by your gun. But if the headline had been "Holder: Let's Make Guns Smarter," all those other sites wouldn't have picked it up.

Over the course of the week, the Holder-wants-to-track-your-guns meme started to take off. The reelection campaign of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell tweeted a somewhat awkward image using the "Grumpy Cat" meme — memes on memes on memes. "Eric Holder wants law-abiding Americans to wear 'smart gun' bracelets," it reads. "RT if you agree that's outrageous!" Ten people retweeted it, the low number perhaps the result of people not agreeing that this is what Holder wants to do.

Sarah Palin jumped on Facebook to tell the world about the bracelets she will wear, honoring the military and "independent Americans" and the Bill of Rights. She concludes with a reference to Holder's contentious argument with Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert earlier this week.

"Eric, you can replace my identifying bracelets with your government marker when you pry them off my cold, dead wrists."

And, Eric, "You don't want to go there, buddy."

The "your government marker" line there is telling. Conservatives have a deep-seated anger at Holder. In his estimation, as he told an audience on Wednesday night, that stems in part from racial concerns. But more broadly because he is the grinning face of the big, intrusive government seen as hopelessly liberal. Beginning with the botched "Fast and Furious" operation, conservatives have focused on getting Holder out of office. Last year, the House voted to hold him in contempt. So the idea that he might want to track gun owners — to implement some proxy for the dreaded government ID or, from the conspiracy fringes, an implanted microchip — is an encapsulation of a number of fears and irritations on the right.

Which is why the idea that Holder wants to track gun owners probably won't be dislodged any time soon, if ever. It fits so neatly into the conservative narrative that it spurred a conservative website to misunderstand or misrepresent it at the outset. So you might as well go ahead and email this article to your angry uncle in advance. You'll be hearing him make the argument in the future anyway.

This article was originally published at http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/04/conservatives-are-furious-that-eric-holder-will-make-them-wear-anti-freedom-jewelry/360452/
J64TWB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what? Chicago murder rate was lowest since 1958 for 1st. quarter 2014. 1st. conceal carry permits issued March 1. From march 15 until today, murder rate has gone up 83% from last years stats. An all time record. My guess is the warm weather has something to do with it. Always seems that the nice weekends have the most stats. In 36 hours last weekend, 35 were shot. Conceal carry has nothing to do with it.

I would be MUCH safer walking down the most dangerous street in the city if I WASN"T carrying a gun than if I was. For sure. You know how they train for conceal carry? Do not just fire one shot. Put as many holes in the body as possible. The more holes in a body, the more blood will drain. They train for LETHAL FORCE in the course. Everyone should be like George Zimmerman. Nut heads.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:
You know how they train for conceal carry? Do not just fire one shot. Put as many holes in the body as possible. The more holes in a body, the more blood will drain. They train for LETHAL FORCE in the course. Everyone should be like George Zimmerman. Nut heads.

That is a complete fabrication. You don't know what you are talking about.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mr. Gybe. You have a problem with the NRA carrying instructor, not me. I'm just reporting on the 1/2 hour interview I heard on NPR with him here in IL. He trains more holes and lethal force. More effective. Makes sense doesn't it? Bleed quick, pass out and die. What is the purpose other than that? Makes sense to me. If your going to train....Train for Gods sake.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
frederick23 wrote:
You know how they train for conceal carry? Do not just fire one shot. Put as many holes in the body as possible. The more holes in a body, the more blood will drain. They train for LETHAL FORCE in the course.

That is a complete fabrication. You don't know what you are talking about.

The dozens of hours my wife and I put into concealed carry training by nationally ranked cops/trainers/police lawyers agree with frederick pretty closely. Shoot until the threat is certifiably nullified. Nothin' nutty about it.

Anything less makes no sense. You don't shoot unless it's absolutely necessary for self (or family) defense, and if it's absolutely necessary you want the threat down, out, and incapable of resuming the attack. The best way to do that is to put a lot of high-energy lead into his center of mass -- his torso -- to maximize bleeding because a head shot from a handgun is a lucky shot even for a cop.

As for one shot ... that's ridiculous. One shot, even from a large bore handgun, may not even piss off a big guy, or a guy wearing heavy winter clothing, or a guy on drugs. And since most man-to-man shootings occur at or inside arm's length; it's kill or be killed out to at least 19 feet even for a cop. And if it's not kill or be killed, the gun should still in its holster or at ready ... not pointed at the attacker.

Last edited by isobars on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 116 of 331

Jump to: