myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
"Who would want to bring a gun into a store ...". A nut of course, because it is illegal.

Not any place I've lived. The primary commercial places I can't carry in most states are banks and bars (and I'm not even sure about banks) ... two places I virtually never go anyway.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, just curious, what is you motivation to carry a gun? Not trying to to be flip, just trying to understand.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:
It tells me no one is safe with guns around. If 175 million people didn't have guns, my odds of dying by one would go down from 1 in 340 to about 1 and a 100 million. I don't want anything to do with them.

Again, if a highly skilled, highly educated, highly trained, former Secretary of Defense and sitting Vice President of the United States can shoot his friend in the face, I am sure Bard, you can too. Even with your so called "training".

I'm sure you could run over a child in the street with your Prius or slalom into a kid on the shoreline too. More people die with clubs and knives in the U.S. than with assault rifles.

But the most important question is WHY DO YOU TRUST ANY GOVERNMENT TO BE THE ONLY ONE WITH GUNS? Hitler took the guns from the Jews just before he began slaughtering them. I can cite a dozen countries who disarmed their citizens before killing them. Why do you think it couldn't happen here?
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Letting folks carry hidden guns in Ill seems to have also lowered the crime rate everywhere in the US including Maui.

Not only that, but it keeps the woolly mammoth away from Time Square very effectively.

And for those who doubt the accuracy of that statement, I have only one question: Have you seen a woolly mammoth in Times Square?

stevenbard wrote:
I can cite a dozen countries who disarmed their citizens before killing them. Why do you think it couldn't happen here?

Ah, yes. Like Australia, for example.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had no guns in Belize. The rate of death by gun was zero.
We had an average of 2.5 murders a year by knife and poison.
Many folks came from America with guns, saying it was their right no matter the law in Belize.
Those guns have been stolen so now we have guns. Last year we had 137 murders. Two by knife and 135 guns.
Our per capita gun deaths put us in the top twenty countries these days.
Thanks NRA.
Your guys should come to a few funerals and tell us how much safer we are.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not disarming Americans and never have.
They are trying to pass background check laws so fewer murderers and psychos have guns , but the gun nuts and NRA oppose that.
They say the background checks are really an attempt to take guns away and Talk Radio conservatives repeat that lie without a thought.
Well trained dogs for the NRA.
Big market for guns among nutcases.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOVERNMENT GENOCIDE CAMPAIGNS AND THE
"GUN CONTROL" LAWS THAT HELPED SLAUGHTER 56 MILLION PEOPLE

PERPETRATOR GOVERNMENT DATE TARGET # MURDERED (ESTIMATED) DATE OF GUN CONTROL LAW SOURCE DOCUMENT
Ottoman Turkey 1915-1917 Armenians 1-1.5 million 1886-1911 Art. 166, Penal Code
Art. 166 Penal Code
Soviet Union* 1929-1953 Anti-Communists / Anti-Stalinists 20 million 1929 Art. 182 Penal Code
Nazi Germany** & Occupied Europe 1933-1945 Jews, Gypsies, Anti-Nazis 13 million 1928-1938 Law on Firearms & Ammunition, April 12 Weapons Law, March 18
China* 1949-1952 1957-1960 1966-1976 Anti- Communists Rural Populations Pro-Reform Grou 20 million 1935-1957 Arts. 186-7, Penal Code Art. 9, Security Law, Oct. 22
Guatemala 1960-1981 Maya Indians 100,000 1871-1964 Decree 36, Nov 25 Decree 283, Oct 27
Uganda 1971-1979 Christians Political Rivals 300,000 1955-1970 Firearms Ordinance Firearms Act
Cambodia 1975-1979 Educated Persons 1 million 1956 Arts. 322-8, Penal Code
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a list of the thousands of gun control laws written in countries like England and Australia would make an interesting comparison.
Nearly every country on earth has at least dozens if not hundreds, like the US.
Are they all planning genocide or just these seven?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Perhaps a list of the thousands of gun control laws written in countries like England and Australia would make an interesting comparison.
Nearly every country on earth has at least dozens if not hundreds, like the US.
Are they all planning genocide or just these seven?

There's more where that list came from.

I just don't trust government to do the right thing. Yes, there were many good years for Jews in Germany. Now, if you are a "conservative" in America and say the wrong thing they fire you or take your business.

Check this video out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxcMKtsm5BU

Where does it end? Do they just harass you, or eventually persecute you? BTW, her $20k in fines were because a forklift operator wasn't wearing his seatbelt.....
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
BTW, her $20k in fines were because a forklift operator wasn't wearing his seatbelt.....

If true, I'm sure Pueno will have a comment about "personal responsibility". Surely a business owner shouldn't be held liable because an employee didn't exercise personal responsibility, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 114 of 331

Jump to: