myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lake Lopez Closed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Lake Lopez Closed Reply with quote

FYI for all you pond windsufers. The lane will be closed to parking May 10 for a park event. Waters is at 56% and dropping.
bprice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The event is an Outdoor Discovery Festival complete with guided tours, live music from 2 bands, and an expo of sorts. Lots of good family fun the last few years. Its been held in the Vista Lago day use area but the water line has moved far away this year so the free demo of paddle boards and kayaks from that location is in doubt. Important to note that each year the lake has remained OPEN to windsurfing on this day and had excellent conditions. Nice to get a few hours sailing then meet up with fam and friends to enjoy live music, food and beverages. Here's the link if interested. And when saying the lake is closed, please insert the date in your headline so you don't worsen any heart conditions. http://www.slocountyparks.com/programs_services/outdoor_discovery_festival.htm
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOVAAN, why didn't you just say that the Lopez Dam broke killing thousands in your thread title?
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to get peoples attention. Let them know about the event so they would be informed before they drove up on that day. I think the water is open to windsurfing, but with the low water and restricted parking it might be difficult to access. I have older friends that come up to windsurf that could not access the water that day. lots of people drive up from a long way away that time of year for windsurfing only. While the event described above by Mike might be a blast for us locals, it also might be a reason to spend your wind time and expensive gas money on a different weekend. I'm just saying... Call the park for info..... Tony
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, I could have kept it to myself. I wonder which on was prudent
reneecarlson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Lopez Lake Reply with quote

Hope I can get some sailing soon befor it is too low.
Rich
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rich. Hope all is well. For now the level is just fine. A few more steps to the water. The wind has been hit of miss. I have has several days but its doesn't last all day. Got to be there when it happens. Wind season is just around the corner.
sube109

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tony! Appreciate the advance warning. See you soon hopefully.Mike
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike,
Getting wind at the bay? Hope to see you soon at the pond. Went up today but it was pretty weak. Maybe better tomorrow...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: