myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Need warmer water to learn SUP in the PacNW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottwerden

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After spending 33+ years in the beautiful PNW, I bagged it and moved to Maui (for the winters). To hell with cold water and wetsuits. SUP surf in the morning, windsurf in the afternoon. More SUP surfing in the winter and more windsurfing in the spring. No flat water sailing, just waves, all the time. It's an amazing place here. People here are very tolerant of grumpy old farts. I am talking about me not you. Smile Believe me, all your little aches and pains and ailments will melt away in the 80 degree salt water we play in around here.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've considered it both short and long term. My season here gets a little shorter each year as I get a little "tireder" each year of cold water. My biggest balk is the heat index; I left the eastern U.S. to escape it, and am not eager to move back to it. I bought a coat for winters, but even wearing nothing but board shorts and a wristwatch is still uncomfortably warm on Maui for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: