myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who watch the news (or my posts plus independent verification) closely know they are now exempt from the mandate and from any tax or fine for nor purchasing insurance. They are expressly exempt (by requirement lines 17 and 18, IIRC) as long as they say ... not prove, or establish, or verify, or swear ... merely SAY ... It costs too much (i.e., more than I want to pay, not more than I can afford) or I tried but the process was a hardship.

I WANT to pay zero, and NO one can deny the website was a hardship.

Once more people realize this and stop buying the stupid stuff until they get hit by a bus or diagnosed with an expensive ailment, Obamacare will collapse.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, it just might be that new individual customers pay the monthly rate instead of the yearly plan rate until the next enrollment period. No health insurance by a certain deadline, the IRS will certainly tag you come tax time. Really, it's about two things. Purchasing private health insurance, and satisfying the individual mandate requirements of the ACA.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which might not ever happen, now that virtually everyone who might want to sign up for Obamacare is now on the "honor system" as to why they couldn't meet the now fictitious deadline.
There is now basically no "enrollment period", I'm sure April 15th was written in pencil, or better yet, another red crayon line.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a 3 ring circus. Don't they call this kind of system anarchy?
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Which might not ever happen, now that virtually everyone who might want to sign up for Obamacare is now on the "honor system" as to why they couldn't meet the now fictitious deadline.

It's beyond even the honor system. You can't get the website to work right in a few minutes, it's a hardship. You don't want to pay more for worse coverage, that's your honest call. Either way, you are declared exempt from the mandate.

Several of my cancer group friends have had their treatment suspended because Obamacare has declared their big-name hospitals off limits.

We are phuct.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"For the past 40 years real, per capita health-care spending has been growing at twice the rate of growth of real, per capita income. That's not only true in this country; it is about the average for the whole developed world.

Yes, I agree. We are screwed by big for profit health care.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the WSJ -
ObamaCare Delay Number 38 - HHS simply waves away the March 31 enrollment deadline.
"On Tuesday evening, the Health and Human Services Department announced that the six-month open enrollment period for ObamaCare insurance that began in October 2013 and was supposed to end on the last day of March would be extended indefinitely. As long as people self-attest and check a box that they had some difficulty signing up on with the 36 federal insurance exchanges, the deadline will no longer obtain.

HHS spokeswoman Julie Bataille told reporters on a March 10 conference call that, "We have no plans to extend the open enrollment period. In fact, we don't actually have the statutory authority to extend the open enrollment period in 2014." Texas Republican Kevin Brady asked HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius at a March 12 House Ways and Means hearing "Are you going to delay the open enrollment beyond March 31?" She replied categorically, "No, sir" and "There is no delay beyond March 31."

The most transparent Administration in history. Transparently dishonest or incompetent. Take your pick.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mrgybe...the HHS has been incompetent for decades!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
"For the past 40 years real, per capita health-care spending has been growing at twice the rate of growth of real, per capita income. That's not only true in this country; it is about the average for the whole developed world.

Yes, I agree. We are screwed by big for profit health care.

Actually we are screwed because the average income of families adjusted for inflation has fallen over the last 20 years. This government has failed us. I don't deny the corps are working in their own best interest. However if incomes had risen like they did under Kennedy, Reagan and Bush 2, we'd all be able to afford this healthcare.

Single payer is not the answer. I think we provide free clinics to all uninsured paid for with a consumption tax. This would be minimal coverage with a high deductible that must be paid out of their welfare checks or payroll deductions.

Everyone else pays for insurance like we used to.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How entertaining to hear all the awfulizing from the far right about how the ACA was not perfect. As I recall, this from the people who supported the Republican Party that offered not a single amendment that would have resulted in an improvement--and a Republican vote. It has not escaped notice that the folks who bemoan the ACA roll-out are the same ones who espoused that the solution to Washington D.C. partisanship was-- to elect hyper partisans with no experience in government at any level. To elect hyper partisans who were nihilists and anarchists, without the ability--or intelligence--to use their power to make changes that would result in improvements.

Can any of these hand-wringers (aka Obama haters) point to a single modification to the ACA that has passed the House and garnered a single Democratic vote? No, but they can point to, is it 40 now, idle exercises to repeal the Act.

So sayeth the party of no, completely devoid of ideas and ability since it was hijacked by the lunatics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 174 of 201

Jump to: