myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
To those who feel the military are your indentured slaves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would make him a disabled clairvoyant veteran. Laughing

BTW, I think many "veterans" disabilities are bogus. Not PTSD, blown off limbs. Just so many claims like police officers make also. But who am I to second guess without examination any of their claims. I will stay silent on this subject.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker, you know, I don't recollect isobars saying that insomnia was the root of his disability claim. While isobars has often admitted that insomnia bedevils his life, I really don't think that would qualify him for a disability pension. I'm more inclined to think that it's his history with meniere's disease. From what he's said, meniere's disease in one of his ears was severe enough to warrant the complete surgical removal of his inter ear. I have to say though, I don't recall him specifically identifying meniere's disease as the source of his disability pension.

Whether it is insomnia or miniere's disease, I have a hard time believing that either condition could be a result or an outgrowth of his military service as he has claimed in the past. However, it could be that isobars is eligibe for a disability claim as a veteran outside of his military service just like any of us could be eligible for disability claim under Social Security.

Speaking for myself, I can say that I don't have a problem with truly disabled folks receiving government financial aid. But is isobars really disabled? Given his ever boustful stories about his windsurfing expertise and his flashy turn and burn style, one has to wonder. Can disabled folks actively windsurf? Maybe, but if they actually can, I have a hard time visualizing them as a needy candidate for government financial aid.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
...but he kept bugging them until they approved a lifetime of checks...

He bullied them until they approved a lifetime of checks?
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone who everyone had bad mouthed for whatever reason. I later learned from my doctor friend that he donated his kidney to a stranger. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

You never know. Disability is not for us to judge. Veterans deserve it, insurance investigates, doctors confirm. It could be cancer for all you know. HIPAA. Mike, you are much happier in the windsurfing discussion forum.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any veteran that qualifies for disability should receive it, and I am in no position to judge what the military has already judged.

However, trying to put out a fire by throwing gas on it is futile. Iso's post only serves to exacerbate the issue, so why make the effort?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be clear, do soldiers fight for freedom still, or is it more about protecting access to energy attached to some propaganda about "freedom"?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Any veteran that qualifies for disability should receive it, and I am in no position to judge what the military has already judged.

However, trying to put out a fire by throwing gas on it is futile. Iso's post only serves to exacerbate the issue, so why make the effort?

Maybe the "clear medical threat to [his] life and lesser but 24/7 additional physiological impacts" clouds his judgment. After all, he was permanently excused from jury duty.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, let's be honest about this. Nobody here has ever said anything disdainful about combat veterans that have served for this country, but isobars wrongfully insinuates that folks here have. That's not right.

Really, the issue is about him. Like I said earlier, why bring the issue up as a thread if it's something that's too personal or private to discuss frankly?

Does anyone really believe that isobars is being victimized?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, somewhat.... The incessant stupid comments about him collecting disability is pretty freaking old, and since it's now obvious that no one knows the exact nature of such, I say give it a rest already. It's getting old and oh so douchey.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Ya, somewhat.... The incessant stupid comments about him collecting disability is pretty freaking old, and since it's now obvious that no one knows the exact nature of such, I say give it a rest already. It's getting old and oh so douchey.
Who started this thread?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: