myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 297, 298, 299 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Nope greed is basically wanting to have more than others, or an excessive desire to have more, which makes just about everyone greedy at some level, hence my comment on inherent greed of people. So realizing that is part of human nature and it is common amongst all, I would say that further perversion of that nature is just as I stated.

I don't have a problem with people having more than others. I am actually happy for people who have worked hard at something and prospered. What I and most people dispise are those who will knowingly cheat or harm others to attain wealth. Even worse, are those who hoard their wealth and won't help other unfortunate people to better themselves....the "I got mine, screw you" attitude.

Your confinement of “greed” to criminal or immoral means still differs from the mainstream's use of the word. Our president, our Democratic congressmen, and most of our citizens relate the word “greed” to the fat side of income equality. In their view, anyone who wants or has more “stuff” than the average person is said to be greedy, and is the root of most of what’s wrong with our nation … unless, of course, s/he is a liberal celebrity or Democratic party donor.

No joke.

Don’t forget that candidate Obama repeatedly told ABC news in his debate with Hillary that he supports wealth redistribution in the interest of “fairness” despite admitting that it is bad for the economy.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars - Everybody knows that you can't stand not being the centre of attention, but must you deliberately derail this thread on global climate?

I thought you claimed (in a huff) a while ago, that you had given up on the subject, and had no further interest in 'educating' us idiots!
mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT, thanks for returning to the fray, and paying attention to the science. This is an important point for all:

Quote:
Agreed Frederick, that atmospheric CO2 levels are out of control, but in view of the difficulty of meaningfully reducing them with our present dependence on fuels, shouldn't, as suggested in this thread, reasearch be intensified on NEW forms of energy production, all else just being a sticking plaster stop-gap.?

Indeed, research should focus on new forms--which was part of the content of the stimulus bill, written by Obama staff--and opposed by the carbon industries. I believe we need to go further than mere research--I think we need to subsidize things that will develop technology from lab to bench scale to implementation. For nearly two decades, conservation has been the cheapest way to generate "new" energy-- and subsidies for insulation are much wiser than subsidies for new exploration. The tax credits for alternative energy have resulted in the cost of electricity generation from sunlight dropping dramatically.

Greed comes into the picture with the carbon industries fear of losing market share an profit margins. So they have focused on failures like Solyndra, trying to convince people that solar generation as a whole is a failure. All of us who windsurf know that some technology works, some doesn't, and even failures take us forward.

Nobody interested in actually adapting to climate change thinks that we can easily reverse carbon trends or abandon carbon without having disastrous economic impacts. That is the drumbeat of made-up right wing propaganda, paid for by the carbon industry and the PAC's of their employees. Rather, the desire of responsible scientists is to recognize the problem and harness the creativity of humans into developing solutions--instead of just screaming "hoax."
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green energy solution found in England......Burn babies to generate heat and energy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10717566/Aborted-babies-incinerated-to-heat-UK-hospitals.html
mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--missing Fred Phelps already? Or just channeling your inner Barry Goldwater--extremism in the pursuit of anti-abortion messages is no vice?

My advice? If you are opposed to abortion, don't have one.

A thread hijack attempt from both Isobars and Bard. Rational discussion is too much to hope for.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on Mac. They are doing this as a "green" solution.....presumably this will aid in the fight against global warming. C'mon, Phelps?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It never ceases to amaze me how people who pontificate are rarely well read:

http://www.npr.org/2014/03/20/291977028/fred-phelps-head-of-westboro-baptist-church-dies
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, and what's your solution? A headstone in a cemetery and a newspaper obit paid for at the woman's expense? No way should the government have to pay to service a woman's abortion decision, right?
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac, I know you think Steven Goddard has his head up his ass, but I don't, so you really don't have to remind us how you feel about him, or me for that matter, we know already.
But I know it won't stop you, you live for it, so slam away big boy, consider it red meat on your plate.
However this is a fact, not based on some computer model, with its peer reviews by "scientists" with a common goal (proving AGL).

Coldest October thru March in 102 years.
Maybe because our country is trying to control the weather with its words and dire threats, that it's actually working here?

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2014/03/25/coldest-october-march-in-the-us-in-102-years/
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't support global warming because not enough data over thousands of years.
An extreme example of that is to base any conclusion on the month of oct which appears in the hottest decade on record.
We just had the coldest day ever in Jan in Maui this year, but that isn't relevant either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 297, 298, 299 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 298 of 573

Jump to: