myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
War!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have reconsidered. I hope we live in a world where we can posture on the international media and make guys like Putin afraid of us.
That would make it a lot easier to defend our country, as NW points out.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but be careful how you posture. You may have to back it up.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:
Yes, but be careful how you posture. You may have to back it up.

That's true. I learned a long time ago in business negotiations, when you say no, you'd better be willing to accept the outcome. That is why I've been so upset about Obama's mouth.

Usually the toughest guy doesn't need to say he'll kick your ass. He just does. Can you imagine Putin and Obama getting into a car accident? Obama steps out and says he'll get his lawyer on this. Putin doesn't say a word, but Obama keeps jawing. Obama threatens. Oops, he went one word too far and insulted Russia. Splat, Putin unleashes hell.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
I have reconsidered. I hope we live in a world where we can posture on the international media and make guys like Putin afraid of us.
That would make it a lot easier to defend our country, as NW points out.

I watched a movie called the "Soviet Story" on the Blaze today. It made me rethink my position on Russia. Mitt Romney had it right, and was loudly criticized by the media for his position that Russia was the biggest threat to our security.

There is a brewing fascism today that rivals 1930's Germany. We must remember that the Soviet fascists killed more people than Hitler. (20,000,000 men women and children) Putin has a 75% approval rating today. If our country ever gets those kinds of numbers for a leader, we will be doomed.

On the surface, I think it is ok that Russia took Crimea. The Crimean people wanted it. By the same token, U.S. and Nato must draw the line with the Ukraine, and make it clear that they are going to join the EU. Russia must be stopped or this blossoming fascism will grow to deadly proportions.

This is the war we should have been preparing for, for the last 20 years. Clinton, Bush, and Obama have wasted our military in the Middle East. We need a leader who draws the line, and holds the line this time.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I think it is ok that Russia took Crimea. The Crimean people wanted it.

We need a leader who draws the line, and holds the line this time.

Like Bush?

DID the Crimeans want to defect to Russia, or was their vote (123% of the voters voted for it) influenced (i.e., dictated) by Putin's having taken control of their Navy and their natural gas infrastructure and leaving much of the Crimean populace and military looking at Russian soldiers and armament?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry Iso, but Bush was an idiot. He decided to go to war in the MIDDLE EAST, rather than police our borders and build a better economy. A stronger U.S. would have left us better off to fight Russia and China when the time came. War is a serious business, and we've gone to too many idiotic venues over the last 50 years.
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I'm sorry Iso, but Bush was an idiot. He decided to go to war in the MIDDLE EAST, rather than police our borders and build a better economy. A stronger U.S. would have left us better off to fight Russia and China when the time came. War is a serious business, and we've gone to too many idiotic venues over the last 50 years.

Thumbs UP to you, Mr. B.

The only thing wrong with your post is the "sorry" part to the pompous plonker.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thumbs up to Mr. B! That war will haunt us for eternity. I think 90% of the hate Bush had was over that. If he didn't invade and drop a million bombs, because "that guy tried to kill my father", we would have incredible standing. You don't rattle the bees nest and scatter everything. You go and silently dispose of the bad guys and do your work. Sorry to go off topic.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

Would you prefer he fought Middle Eastern terrorists, their bases, and their global leaders in, say, Monaco? Antarctica? Point Barrow?

The 9/ll hijackers were here legally. How would 10 million border guards armed with death rays have saved the twin towers or those 3,000 lives? That was more an intelligence failure than a border police issue.

It's no excuse, but what builds an economy better than war?

We realize you feel virtually (maybe literally) all war is wrong, but I don't believe that's true.

A strong military is useless when run by a person whose concept of international (and domestic) relations is giving speeches and threatening to hold his breath until he turns blue. The only country he's willing to use force on, legally and otherwise, is the U.S. (OK, I have to give him credit for much of his drone program). And when O'Reilly asked him what he plans to do about his biggest problem (I forget which one), his extremely revealing answer was, "Bill, I've given five speeches on it". SERIOUSLY!
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

It's no excuse, but what builds an economy better than war?

More fiction from Mr. Fick-shun.

Bush didn't "go to war."

He (and Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bolton, Wolfowitz, and the mindless neo-cons, really) simply attacked and invaded Iraq.

Unprovoked.

For the oil.

(Halliburton..... remember Cheney's Halliburton and KBR's no-bid contracts?)

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

We realize you feel virtually (maybe literally) all war is wrong, but I don't believe that's true.

How about war against the Koch brothers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 15 of 36

Jump to: