myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
new fin for fanatic shark135lt 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spigonico

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys,
thanks to you all, I bought a new board: Goya one 102 pro. But, you know what? It was without fin! so I have to by the fins. i was thinking in freestylewave fins, one 25 and one 28. I know that there is a MFC Goya fin that i should buy but i would like to know if there is something else, maybe better. What you suggest?
thank you all guys
Nicola
B737

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 145L Shark that i love sailing with my Maui 8.5 titan XT... i usually use the stock 50cm straight fin on that sucker. all the other fins for my quiver are 10cm increments down to 20cm, in both weed and straight all by MFC and i like them. im not skilled enough to really know what a high performing fin will do for my sailing. (i usually just blast around and work on jibes)

having said all that, i want to try a new fin on my shark (like the OP) for when i sail my 8.5 and 7.5, the one im eying is from Black Project Fins. just to try something other than my stocker and usual MFC. anyone ever sailed BPF?
http://www.blackprojectfins.com/

ive emailed them on a bunch of occasions and they seem like great people on the up and up.

(ps i always prefer to sail straight fins unless conditions absolutely require weeders, ie; spin out on weeds, get mad, clear weeds, spin out, get mad, clear weeds, spin out... return to truck, swap to weeder...)

Fanatic Freewave 95l 240cm
BlackProjectFins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:41 am    Post subject: Check out our Freewave Reply with quote

spigonico wrote:
Ok guys,
tGoya one 102 pro. But, you know what? It was without fin! so I have to by the fins. i was thinking in freestylewave fins, one 25 and one 28. I know that there is a MFC Goya fin that i should buy but i would like to know if there is something else, maybe better.
Nicola

Hi Nicola

If you are looking for a real performance upgrade then I suggest that you check out our Freewave - http://www.blackprojectfins.com/products/windsurf-fins/freewave/ if you are looking for two fins for total coverage on this board you could go 24 and 28 covering you from 4.7 through 6.0. If you want to go bigger than 6.0 then the 30cm would be ideal and give you enough power and control for a 6.5m or so.

Drop me an email chris@blackprojectfins.com and can answer more questions for you.

Aloha

Chris

Owner / Black Project Fins
capetonian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B737 wrote:
I have a 145L Shark that i love sailing with my Maui 8.5 titan XT... i usually use the stock 50cm straight fin on that sucker. all the other fins for my quiver are 10cm increments down to 20cm, in both weed and straight all by MFC and i like them. im not skilled enough to really know what a high performing fin will do for my sailing. (i usually just blast around and work on jibes)

having said all that, i want to try a new fin on my shark (like the OP) for when i sail my 8.5 and 7.5, the one im eying is from Black Project Fins. just to try something other than my stocker and usual MFC. anyone ever sailed BPF?
http://www.blackprojectfins.com/

ive emailed them on a bunch of occasions and they seem like great people on the up and up.

(ps i always prefer to sail straight fins unless conditions absolutely require weeders, ie; spin out on weeds, get mad, clear weeds, spin out, get mad, clear weeds, spin out... return to truck, swap to weeder...)

I use the Black Project Type R fins and I really like them because they have a quality construction, seem as fast as anything I've used previously, point well, don't spin out and gybe well. I think they are more oriented to racing than general blasting, but they gybe so well and don't spin out that I'd recommend them for fast freeriding too. My most used fin is a 42.5 cm with an 8.0 on a 75 cm wide board. Before this I had an MFC KP-RC which to me felt slow, and before that I had a Tectonics Goldwing.
Ugly_Bird

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailboarder wrote:
To figure out what sizes to get, you could look at the Makani fin guide.

The guide seems to have a glitch after recent site update.
It is missing entry for board width for most of the board types (except Slalom).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: