myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Are you surprised he is a Republican?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the homophobes out there, a plea to an open mind. One of the greatest guitarists who ever lived just died, at the age of 66: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/10663291/Paco-de-Lucia-obituary.html

I will never forget sitting in a restaurant in Italy, talking with an Italian man who had lived in San Diego, about great music. When I brought up Paco de Lucia his reaction was that he couldn't possibly respect him because he was gay. I asked, as I would all of you, why does it matter? If you read to the end of the obituary you will see that he got married--as if it mattered. Why people would close themselves to beauty is a mystery to me.

The short taste: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2nLO46TzIM

The long taste: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm2YbX-qg64

Rest in peace.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was he a Republican?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always loved Paco De Lucia, Gay or not.

Shame on you for calling anyone here a homophobe. And for you idiots that think that somehow the gay issue and abortion are religious issues, you cannot see beyond your own noses.

Marriage has always been a sacred bond between a man and a woman. What does that have to do with hate? One of my college roommates was gay. We are still friends. Does that mean I have to respect his lifestyle. No, I don't have to respect another roommate who like married women either. I still like them both.

As for abortions, you think that if I want to counsel a woman about trying to save her baby that I'm trying to get into her vagina? What an idiot...There are alternatives to genocide. Yes, so many of you condone what's happening to black babies. Wow. Pure genocide, that the racist bigot Margaret Sanger would have giggled about.
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler said:
Quote:
You might be a Republican that feels differently about gay rights and abortion, but what do you consistently get voting for a Republican or conservative candidate? It's all in the numbers.

When voting, one has to weigh all issues before deciding which way to go. Sometimes you have to lose a little to gain a lot.

I suspect there are plenty of Democrats that are pro life that always vote for the left.

For Mac: I will get back to you on the details of the current "spill" issue in NC, but you said:
Quote:
You said pretty much the same thing about the 300 unreported pipeline spills.

As usual, you never listen, you just twist the subject to support your various band wagon issues. ONE FINAL TIME - my issue was with the reporting, not the 300 unreported spill in California. The lack of specific details, which would have informed and educated the reader were missing. Crappy reporting, that's it. Now it's time for you to do your Chubby Checker again.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SB, There is no such thing as a "gay lifestyle". What the hell are you talking about? You are such a stereotyper. Just the fact it bothers you says everything about your fears.

As far as anyones sister, why is it your job to "counsel them"? Who put you in charge?

Why do conservatives continually want to "govern" my most personal freedoms? ????
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I have always loved Paco De Lucia, Gay or not.

Shame on you for calling anyone here a homophobe. And for you idiots that think that somehow the gay issue and abortion are religious issues, you cannot see beyond your own noses.

Marriage has always been a sacred bond between a man and a woman. What does that have to do with hate? One of my college roommates was gay. We are still friends. Does that mean I have to respect his lifestyle. No, I don't have to respect another roommate who like married women either. I still like them both.

As for abortions, you think that if I want to counsel a woman about trying to save her baby that I'm trying to get into her vagina? What an idiot...There are alternatives to genocide. Yes, so many of you condone what's happening to black babies. Wow. Pure genocide, that the racist bigot Margaret Sanger would have giggled about.

Is it necessary for you to resort to using pejorative terms such as "idiot" to articulate your point?

"Marriage has always been a sacred bond between a man and a woman."

The world used to be flat. The solar system used to revolve around the earth. Women did not have the right to vote. Slavery was an accepted way of life. Blacks were not treated as equals to whites.

Times change. What has "always been" does not mean that it will not change in the future.

Here in the US, marriage is an institution sanctioned by the State, not a religious body. If the State wants to sanction same sex marriages, so be it. Legal marriages are not a matter of religion. Ever heard of the Equal Protection clause of the US Constitution? Thankfully, it trumps religious based discrimination.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--this illustrates how clueless, yes and homophobic, you are:

Quote:
One of my college roommates was gay. We are still friends. Does that mean I have to respect his lifestyle.

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with lifestyle. For those who believe in God, it seems to be one of the choices that he (or she) made in creating humans. For you to call it a "lifestyle" choice illustrates exactly how you don't think through your biases.

In your religious life, you are free to belong to a church that does not allow gay marriage. You are not free to impose that religious choice in a secular setting. Try reading the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Tell me if you can find specific language that allows the imposition of religious views through government.

Glad someone clued you in on Paco.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: