myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And, my personal physician will not be accepting new patients. I wonder why."

I know that this goes against your politics, but we as individuals, or even small businesses, can only handle a limited case load and still ensure quality and customer satisfaction. Also, as folks age, there is a tendency to slow down a bit. Even doctors want to enjoy their life, family and friends.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid said today that every negative statement related to Obamacare is a lie. That directly implicates virtually every news media on the planet.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a brief story. I don't have all the details so there are some facts that are missing.

My sister-in-law, a single mother, works hard as a waitress and yoga instructor and has limited income. She receives NO government support in any way. She is an Obama supporter and hailed Obamacare. She applied on line for a subsidy and had to gather her financial info which was turned in. She was told that she didn't qualify for a subsidy, but she did qualify for Medicaid because of her limited income, and had to go in person to file for Medicaid. After waiting 6 hours and talking to over a dozen representatives, she was told that she made too much money for Medicaid. She is still in limbo since Obamacare doesn't seem capable of determining what she qualifies for. She has purchased catastrophic health insurance in the past as she tries to be as responsible as possible, and is going to do it again on March 1 until she gets coverage from the government.

I will let you know how it plays out.

She initially applied for Obamacare in October and is still not covered.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the father of your sister in law's child?

How much does your sister in law earn annually?

Is she receiving child support?
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The father lives in Australia where she met him while waitressing around the world for a few years. He is/was a musician that contributed little income and was pretty much a bum while she did all the work. My sister-in-law divorced him about 10 years ago. I don't know if she receives child support.

I don't know her income. Our government says she makes too much for Medicaid and too little for Obamacare. Go figure.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, how often in life is it to easily get to the real bottom line? I know that my health insurance company, a private company that I selected, has given me the run around on many claims in the past.

Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, but let me ask you this, do you want it to be easily for folks to get a government subsidy?

Overall though, there is a good health plan out there for your sister-in-law. The question is whether she will get help acquiring it.

Out of curiosity, what state does she live in? Is it one where the governor of that state didn't sign up for the federal government money?

Lastly, we have to remember who the government is. Is it the feds or a state government?
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler,

North Carolina, with the federal government ACA exchange. The state did reject the expansion of Medicaid and that may be a factor in my sister-in-laws situation, but who knows. I am not sure that I agree or understand the rejection of Medicaid money other than costing the state much more in the long rung if accepted. The Governor hasn't done a good job of justifying/explaining his decision, nor do I agree with the "costing the state much more" pitch.

I will see if I can get more info from my wife regarding her sisters dilemma.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From today's WSJ..........
Obama Gives Health Plans Added Two-Year Reprieve
The Obama administration announced Wednesday that consumers can keep insurance plans that don't comply with the federal health law for another two years, pushing a potential firestorm over cancellations until after midterm elections.

On April 4, 2013, the sage wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
To have reasonable assurance of success in a reorganization of this scale, several key elements have to be present..........1) buy-in from all, or at least most, of the significant stakeholders or complete ability to enforce the proposed changes regardless of the opinions of the stakeholders. 2) those who will be impacted understand what the impact will be and what they are tasked with doing. I currently see none of this. With only a few months to go a significant number of states have declined to construct exchanges (and Federal contingency planning seems lacking), businesses are confused, and the vast majority of the general public has no idea what to expect or what they will need to do. Perhaps all this will work itself out in the next few months. I'm not optimistic and would not be surprised to see a delayed implementation.

Incompetence combined with political opportunism is an ugly combination. Nearly a year ago, a retired windsurfer knew what was coming, yet the smartest man on the planet had no idea. Note to electorate.......next time, elect someone with experience running large things.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The self-styled "sage" pontificates:

Quote:
Note to electorate.......next time, elect someone with experience running large things.

Like maybe a dry drunk, former managing general partner of the Texas Rangers, who managed to turn a $600,000 investment into nearly $15 million--and use public funds to build a new stadium? Naw, we tried that. Nice to have a beer with ended up being the worst foreign policy disaster in history.

How about a former cheerleader from the sparsely populated state of Alaska? One that finally made it through college after stopping at 5, yes 5 prestigious colleges?

Or should we just turn to the world's most arrogant man for advice?
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
The self-styled "sage" pontificates:

Quote:
Note to electorate.......next time, elect someone with experience running large things.

Like maybe a dry drunk, former managing general partner of the Texas Rangers, who managed to turn a $600,000 investment into nearly $15 million--and use public funds to build a new stadium? Naw, we tried that. Nice to have a beer with ended up being the worst foreign policy disaster in history.

How about a former cheerleader from the sparsely populated state of Alaska? One that finally made it through college after stopping at 5, yes 5 prestigious colleges?

Or should we just turn to the world's most arrogant man for advice?

LOL, just love it, keep it up, very entertaining.
You and bajaDean are some kind of classics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 170 of 201

Jump to: