myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I can't imagine taking welfare, and having self esteem. The 2 don't mix.

That's changing dramatically in the generation coming up now.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve...I dont think one's self worth, or happiness is derived by monetary success. I think it quite a shallow comment on your part, quite offensive. You ruined the good buzz we had going from the music thread.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Steve...I dont think one's self worth, or happiness is derived by monetary success. I think it quite a shallow comment on your part, quite offensive. You ruined the good buzz we had going from the music thread.

I couldn't agree with you more. Self worth is derived from what you do for others, not what you gain from it. But exactly what do people who get something for free do for others? I suppose it's possible..

Now put on some Phish, and chill.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac and Chandler, The only Senator since reconstruction who is Black is Tim Scott a Republican. There have been no Black Dems. MLK was a Republican. This video should clear any doubts as to how racist the left is....

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/02/114341-hannity-show-moral-march/

Some elected black conservatives include Florida representative Allen West, U.S. Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina, former Oklahoma representative J.C. Watts, and former Connecticut representative Gary Franks. Other notable black conservatives include economist Thomas Sowell, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, perennial political candidate Alan Keyes, and Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas. In 2009, Michael Steele became the first black man to chair the Republican National Committee. In 2011, Herman Cain was considered the leading Republican presidential nominee.... From Wiki.... Just stop the silliness.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
what do people who get something for free do for others?

Volunteer. Donate. Bequeath. Mentor. I don't see a connection between how people support themselves and what they do for others, so I suspect I misunderstand your comment.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
The only Senator since reconstruction who is Black is Tim Scott a Republican. There have been no Black Dems.

Yes, indeed. A voice from the bubble.

Here's another bubble, the bubble of inconvenient factoids:

- Edward William Brooke, III, Dem, Massachusetts, 67-79
- Carol Moseley Braun, Dem, Illinois, 93-99
- Barack Obama, Dem, Illinois, 05-08
- Roland W. Burris, Dem, Illinois, 09-10
- Tim Scott, Rep, South Carolina, 13-15
- Mo Cowan, Dem, Massachusetts, 13-15
- Cory Booker, Dem, New Jersey, 13-15

Doncha just hate it when those inconvenient facts come zipping in from left field and trip up your fallacious bullshit narrative?

uwindsurf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Mac and Chandler, The only Senator since reconstruction who is Black is Tim Scott a Republican. There have been no Black Dems....Just stop the silliness.

When you make unqualified statements that are factually incorrect, your perceived credibility takes a bit of a hit.

Did you know that Senator Scott was not elected?
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
bajadean said:
Quote:
For people of poverty when born this system of jail is not the solution. I do believe jail is a effective solution for people born of means.

I tried very hard to ignore the obvious, but had to question this statement. I won't put words in Baja's mouth, but to me he is saying poor criminals should go free and be held accountable by doing what?????? Folks with money just go to jail.

Baja, please enlighten us with your solution for poor criminals caught up in the justice system as a result of making poor behavioral choices. Also, where do you draw the line between poverty and means in your two tiered system?

and too funny you think there is not a tiered justice system in the USA for rich vs poor?

But anyway let me explain, jailing poor people has not stopped crime in the USA. So it is not the solution for poor people as a deterrent is it.

The solution is to give poor people a way to make a good living where jail is a deterrent.

again we should provide school for every child born from 1 month old. this school should also have food and medical care. That way we can have a chance to break the poverty cycle.

J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the great American Ted Nuggent, (Hannity’s go to man) and stump speech man for Texas gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott said a few nice thing the other day. Calling Obama “a Chicago communist raised, communist educated, communist nurtured subhuman mongrel, Acorn community organizer gangster”. and likened him to a "chimpanzee".

Ever wonder why the right cant seem to get any African American votes? Oh, and let us not forget his thoughts on women politicians. “brain dead, soulless idiots, varmints, fat pigs and dirty whores”

Nice to have the gubernatorial candidate Abbott supporting these ideas and letting his “go to man” speak at his rallies.

Smooth.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He called him a mongrel, not a chimp just to be clear. However Nugent doesn't speak for anyone I know. He is a foul mouth shock jock. No more...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 32 of 457

Jump to: