myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bizarre Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Bard,
All the cops I have known are pretty conservative. In that coming Armageddon do you think they will fight on the side of Obama or the teas?

How about the military? They vote conservative by more than three to one.

Which side will they be on? If the conservative army is most cops and soldiers who is the other army the cops are gonna use all those tanks to fight?

Welfare bums?

Key, In the history of the world, you will be hard pressed to find a successful military action against a major world power. While it does happen in banana republics, there is too much money and concentrated power.

I am not for militarization of local police forces.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Steve..in one post you praise the Gold move, in another you say you sold it. The reason I celebrate Ms Yellen is the 200+DOW points she helped us with. And as Dubya said, I am part of the investor class.....and I like it when stocks go up.

I'm glad to be out of my small position in GLD. That doesn't mean that I don't think it will be the investment of last resort some day.

See chart below if you want to scare yourself. I might show it to my clients too. Will the correlation end today? Statistically not likely, but possible. Did I sell everything today? No...
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WW1 and two? Major world powers like Japan and Germany?
I can't think of an unsuccessful military action between major world powers in modern times.
In history the greatest world power was once Darius Persia that Alexander the Great took out.
Major Euro powers succeeded against one another a bunch of times from the 13th to the 19th centuries.
Must be something I am not following here.

Since the days of Barney Fife our police have become better armed, along with the bad guys.
What do you think of SWAT teams?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STeve ...I've seen that chart being tossed around lately, I see even Drudge grabbed it today. I also know one can find a stat or chart to fit inside their bias almost always.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
WW1 and two? Major world powers like Japan and Germany?
I can't think of an unsuccessful military action between major world powers in modern times.
In history the greatest world power was once Darius Persia that Alexander the Great took out.
Major Euro powers succeeded against one another a bunch of times from the 13th to the 19th centuries.
Must be something I am not following here.

Since the days of Barney Fife our police have become better armed, along with the bad guys.
What do you think of SWAT teams?

The emperor retained his power in Japan even after WW2. There was no coop there. And Hitler was democratically elected, and it took all the super powers of the world to barely beat him out of power. It would have been disaster for any German general or police captain to even dream of revolting against the Fuhrer.

As for Alexander the Great, he died in bed as the ruler of most of the civilized planet.

No....., Barney fife will have zero ability to remove a bad president. And I meant no internal military action, including our own civil war was successful. What disturbs me is that local law enforcement is militarized, and becoming more and more politicized.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, are you like some of those religious folks that predict "end of world" events? Sounds pretty crazy to me that the bottom is suddenly going to drop out in a couple months. Where do you see the soon to be mortal wounds", and where's the sudden lack of confidence?

Thinking that the fundamentals behind the two different periods are now in parallel is lost to me. We are now a far more globally dependent economy than prior to the crash of 1929, where we arguably were more isolationist in our overall interests. Maybe you can fill me in on what I'm missing.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard,
Now I am really confused. I thought we won the Civil war and Ww2.
The emperor of Japan did whatever we told him to do after they lost the war.

You mean that police are becoming even more politically conservative than they are now? With more SWAT guys?
Without them wouldn't the cops be at the mercy of all those guys the NRA sells guns without background checks?
mac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the word you were searching for "coup?" Or were you describing chickens?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koop?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Mrs. Mac, it was Coup. I'll do my homework next time. Embarassed

KC, we were talking about whether or not the local police would take the conservatives side, or the president. IN A COUP type scenario.

And SWC, the chart is self explanatory. There are many "chartists" who live by charts. You can see them on any business channel daily. No, even if the stock market took such a dive, only the 1% would be hurt, so I don't think we'd fall apart as a nation. My only point is that maybe people should put a little protection into their investments after such a great run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 32 of 37

Jump to: