myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
windsurfing in New Mexico
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
U2U2U2 wrote:
BUT where IS the endless BEACH you make reference too ?

doesnt say much for AAA travel agents now does it.

Nope.

What do you think of when you hear the word, "beach"?
Sand.
Ya gotta admit, NM is not lacking in sand.

actually its not "sand' thats in question

its the reference that BEACH means SAND and not sand with water, like at the seashore. Your further refernece to NM having lakes, one would think its like Maine or Minnesota...not hardly

Quote:
If ya walk in the right direction long enough, every patch of land meets the water, and most of NM's valley (it's the nation's 4th highest state, IIRC) land is sand.
IF you walk in the WRONG direction long long LONG enough, ever patch of land meets water.

Dont write what you dont want torn apart

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I know Leroy Marinell personally. He co wrote all of Zevons hits with him. Good stories.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I think that if isobars left out the pointed jab at California, he could have avoided the predicament he's in right now.

Unfortunately, isobars is always ready and eager to screw up a thread. You know it's going to happen when he can't resist adding post after post after post. For most of us, one or two well thought out posts can usually sum up one's contribution. That's never enough for isobars.

In any thread that goes south, isobars always leads hugely in the post count. That's a cold hard fact.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:
Hey I know Leroy Marinell personally. He co wrote all of Zevons hits with him. Good stories.

I dug out some CDs yesterday, Warren was a totally kool.

I still go around singing

Big Gorilla in the LA zoo.........
stole the glass right off my face

I have some photos of my early windsurf days sailing at Elephant Butte, good thing I actually learned how to rig the sail ! its shape was awful

still miss Blakes Lotta Burger in NM, with green chilli

ascott72

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the original poster. I was enjoying Isobar's insight into New Mexico. Haven't checked the thread in a while and I come back and it has devolved into attacks on Isobar and Isobar trying to defend himself. Are we really arguing about beach versus sand??? Please, if you don't like what Iso has to say just ignore him.

Wow, I think Mitch was right in his Windsport article !

Can we get this thread back on track and keep it about New Mexico.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Mr. Scott!
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Windsport article was one persons impression, much like an opinion. He is entitled to one the same as anyone else, so long as its civilized.

The news that you have come back to 'your' original poster thread , after what 6 weeks ? Pleased to see you are enjoying Isobars reflections.

Perhaps you should PM him, and he can enlighten you even more with his vast knowledge and boasting of virtually any topic that came out of the caves.

I suppose its possible to just ignore his opinions, but if he says something like a RDM mast is a RDM mast and will suit all sails equally well, and talks about the interior fold down configuration of a Chrysler Town & Country, when its obvious he thinks its the same as a Honda Odyssey,

well my opinion is different. If you spent more time reading and disseminating the content for creditability , you opinion may differ as well.

OR you could join another forum where all is not reality, but butterfly's and bows.

http://www.hellokittyuniverse.com/thread

SAS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the windsport article and was interested in it because I remember the days that isobars (along with others) destroyed the old rec.windsurfing forum by turning it into a political discussion board. Since that time I have read his posts here, and find them often enlightening and well written, but I also find that he is quick to throw in unrelated barbs and state opinions as facts and this gets jumped on by others.

this discussion is a perfect example of that. His initial posts are enthusiastic and informative. Then someone wrote that a lake was not picturesque. He counters that it is if you stay at night and look at the stars. He then throws in an insult at the entire state of California.

I believe most people would agree with me that the beauty of a place depends not on how it looks in the dark but in the daytime. Pretty stars don't make a place picturesque if it is ugly during the day. But that's just my opinion. I'm entitled to it, just as he is entitled to think differently.

And as someone who spent many years living in California, I can promise you it is a huge state with incredible stars to see. You just have to get out areas with light pollution just like anywhere. I kind of doubt a big city like Albuquerque is known for its nighttime stars. There was no need for him to throw a barb at California in a discussion about New Mexico.

If isobars stuck to the issues of windsurfing, didn't throw insults out, and didn't state his opinions as facts he'd find people would be far less upset at him.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Isobars didn't make wild claims that he couldn't back up, or throw insults around, he might be a reasonable person. Several people might die of shock.

Here the wild claim was "beach", followed by great defensiveness and excitement. Excitable boy they all say.

I think Ascott and Windsport missed his multiple threats. They've endeared him to many.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sasussman wrote:
isobars (along with others) destroyed the old rec.windsurfing forum ... he is quick to throw in unrelated barbs and state opinions as facts ... He then throws in an insult at the entire state of California ... I believe most people would agree with me that the beauty of a place depends not on how it looks in the dark but in the daytime. Pretty stars don't make a place picturesque if it is ugly during the day. But that's just my opinion.

California ... is a huge state with incredible stars to see ... no need for him to throw a barb at California in a discussion about New Mexico.

If isobars stuck to the issues of windsurfing, didn't throw insults out, and didn't state his opinions as facts ...

THAT didn't take long, did it, ascott?

283 words from sasussman, with no reference to windsurfing in New Mexico … just multiple insults plus opinions and misinterpretations presented as facts.

If I state something as a fact, I can back it up, often even prove it. That’s not an insult. I can't help how people interpret what I DO write, let alone what they fabricate out of thin air. Just as many WSers consider rural NM's nighttime skies a huge bonus to camping out (and midnight sailing) at Morgan, there are even some people who consider the 1583-foot-high Ship Rock, clearly visible from Morgan Lake, to be a pretty neat daytime sight:

I “insult” someone only when it’s necessary, topically relevant, worthwhile, and can be proven (which makes it a fact, not an insult). Almost no one else here makes any attempt to even come close to any of those criteria.

Um, the people who implied the CA night skies (where they lived, I presume) were chronically darker were Californians, and neither they nor I implied that applied state-wide.

Fact: rec.WSing was going at full tilt when I left. It collapsed months later. Source: USENET rec.w monthly posting activity statistics.

I apologize for their behavior [naah, scratch that; it's inexcusable], ascott, and regret without apology that I must very occasionally contribute to their noise by defending myself and anyone else falsely accused. If they were not corrected now and then, their behavior would only escalate, as it did after I left rec.w in disgust and as it has since iW posted, then all but abandoned, their "new and improved" forum posting rules.

Last edited by isobars on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: