myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Just some notes on television
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Man, this place is just chocked full of FNC experts, and mostly from those who "can't stand watching it" ...

Correction, proved in countless criticisms of Fox disproved by video archives: "do not watch it, but instead get their opinion from the left wing media". It's just like it is in this forum: "You said ...", followed when proved dead wrong by the archives with, "You're a racist!" or a total change of topic.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some more irritation~

NBC, MSNBC sink to bottom of who the public trusts

By Paul Bedard | JANUARY 30, 2014 AT 4:20 PM

NBC News and sister cable network MSNBC rank at the bottom of media outlets Americans trust most for news, with Fox News leading the way, according to a new poll from the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling.

In its fifth trust poll, 35 percent said they trusted Fox news more than any other outlet, followed by PBS at 14 percent, ABC at 11 percent, CNN at 10 percent, CBS at 9 percent, 6 percent for MSNBC and Comedy Central, and just 3 percent for NBC.

The pollster said Fox won because Republicans are devoted to it. “It leads the way because of its continuing near total support among Republicans as the place to go for news- 69 percent of Republicans say it's their most trusted source with nothing else polling above 7 percent,” said PPP.

The pollster also tested voter attitudes on Fox star Bill O'Reilly, who is set to conduct the annual Super Bowl interview with President Obama, and Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert. PPP said that in a presidential match, O'Reilly would beat Colbert 38 percent to 35 percent.

What's more, O'Reilly had a better favorability rating than any of the potential 2016 Republican presidential candidates.

The poll also asked which news team was “least trusted;” Fox won that, too, because many Democrats don’t like it.

When all the politics are stripped out, PPP said that the one outlet that appears trusted by both sides is PBS. Some 57 percent of Americans said they trust public TV news.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/nbc-msnbc-sink-to-bottom-of-who-the-public-trusts/article/2543186
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitwit30 wrote:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/nbc-msnbc-sink-to-bottom-of-who-the-public-trusts/article/2543186

"...the Examiner published a daily tabloid-sized newspaper, distributed free throughout the Washington, D.C., metro area, largely focused on local news and conservative commentary."

Whadda shock to learn that NitWit cited a conservative source. He must be just having fun with his loyal readership.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_Examiner)
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peeuuuno, you're like the clock on the wall, always there, and right on time.
Let me repost a small part of it, that you may have missed~

"according to a new poll from the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling."
Which is the same polling group that has keycocker running down the street waving the "13% of people think that BHO is satan" flag.

You also missed a chance at cherry picking out the line from my post that says, "The poll also asked which news team was “least trusted;” Fox won that, too, because many Democrats don’t like it."

You missed that as well in your hurry to slam the source.
You're slipping.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitwit30 wrote:

You missed that as well in your hurry to slam the source.
You're slipping.

I didn't miss it all.

I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to tempt you. Dangle some bait.

It worked.

You bit.

Hook set.

Bzzt ------ your turn. Very Happy
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
The poll also asked which news team was “least trusted;” Fox won that, too, because many Democrats don’t like it.

When all the politics are stripped out, PPP said that the one outlet that appears trusted by both sides is PBS. Some 57 percent of Americans said they trust public TV news.

Guess they missed PBS's own ombudsman's blast at PBS's strong leftward bias, especially on its NEWS show with hard Lefty Bill Moyers.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, did that shark ever get a bite out of you? NPR is gonna set Iso off.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Here's some more irritation~

NBC, MSNBC sink to bottom of who the public trusts

By Paul Bedard | JANUARY 30, 2014 AT 4:20 PM

NBC News and sister cable network MSNBC rank at the bottom of media outlets Americans trust most for news, with Fox News leading the way, according to a new poll from the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling.

In its fifth trust poll, 35 percent said they trusted Fox news more than any other outlet, followed by PBS at 14 percent, ABC at 11 percent, CNN at 10 percent, CBS at 9 percent, 6 percent for MSNBC and Comedy Central, and just 3 percent for NBC.

The pollster said Fox won because Republicans are devoted to it. “It leads the way because of its continuing near total support among Republicans as the place to go for news- 69 percent of Republicans say it's their most trusted source with nothing else polling above 7 percent,” said PPP.

The pollster also tested voter attitudes on Fox star Bill O'Reilly, who is set to conduct the annual Super Bowl interview with President Obama, and Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert. PPP said that in a presidential match, O'Reilly would beat Colbert 38 percent to 35 percent.

What's more, O'Reilly had a better favorability rating than any of the potential 2016 Republican presidential candidates.

the washington examiner , wtf is that?

do you get the irony of Fox coming out the top for most trusted by the polled viewers... toooo funy...

I like the poll that 14 percent of the people who consider themselves as conservatives believe Fox is liberal...

isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:
NPR is gonna set Iso off.

And there we have it. Fred started out here pretending to be genuinely inquisitive, so I gave him some rope ... i.e., tentative respect in case he was the real deal: an honest liberal who just wants to debate issues.

It didn't take him much more than a month to hang himself with the rope. As I suspected, he's up to his neck in the personal crap morass defined by 95% of his brethren here. He's very likely another one of the Pete and Repeat guys here who, once they realize they've been outed and filtered, simply change names and start over. The behavioral pattern is clear, but we can always hope we're wrong. If it mattered, we could go back and merge about 5 to 6 specific screen names into one specific person.

Shades of Brucie!

That's OK, Sybil. Your questions give conservatives a legitimate, on-topic soap box from which we can continue to pound liberal thought and principles into the ground with facts and well-supported opinions. Here's a classic example of liberal news shows wildly misrepresenting what Fox said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YkHbhHM8fU

I listen to NPR even less than I do PBS news. Both sound too much like Air America, which not even Al Franken, Noam Chomsky, or Bernie Sanders could stomach for long.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Mike, I hardly think saying "NPR is gonna set Iso off" is a personal attack. I think it is reality. No one is free from barbs here. My skin is thick enough not to worry. You? All of a sudden I,m "Sybil, and "pretending" and "up to my neck in personal crap morass" and I have a "behavioral pattern"?

Let's do lunch, maybe go see a Beiber concert.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: