myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsport, late fall2013 issue ISOBARS glorified
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Windsport, late fall2013 issue ISOBARS glorified Reply with quote

This issue came today, along with the renewal notice.

You will need to read it yourself , cause Iam not going to promote this , Isobars and the IWindsurf clique.

What I will is quote is the author, said "while many of you continue to deride Isobars, I sit in admiration of a character who takes such a beating and keeps his passion for the topic alive. Like it or hate it , thats steely character." I hope I placed all the commas in the proper place.

I sit in admiration .......thats what you get form his posts ?

I dont want to risk having any portion or all of this removed.

I sincerely belief in freedom of speech, and the right for all to be heard.

Pete this is lower than whale shi!

Pete is the editor

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
westender

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, What?

IWindsurf Clique,, is that an aspersion? It's not like Windsport has one that's any better than the one that's supposedly here.

I don't think they even have one????
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought of a clique as a group of backstabbing teenage girls.

Oh. Never mind.

U2U2U2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Isobars and the IWindsurf Clique " is the title, Mean Girls could be a semi reflective trait of posters, mention of users panties in a bunch, might mean that is the correct intent

Having re read this several times I find it presents the findings of a INTENDED Interview in fairly relative light, objective, journalistic and not tabloid trash.

Several points are annoying , ' Yes, He claims things that are nearly impossible to verify. But honestly ,what kind of person cares about verifying that sort of thing ? '
at some point you have to ask yourself what is fact and what is smoke

the psychiatrist attempt to rationalize the tension follows the Mean girls clique.

and said I wasnt going to promote this.. maybe demote.

The forum is said to be a place where people can talk about windsurfing

a windsurfing magazine is a place where I can read about windsurfing

get it ?

jingebritsen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacks are bad enough.

what does one call another that gets on forums such as these and spreads the disease?

i rail on about how our windsurfing culture spreads from windsurfing paradise. lots of us cannot apply that in our own humble spots.

yesterday, someone asked me if closing the gap was that important. he sees/remembers nothing but pics of wavers and freestylers with high cut sails, and folks sheeting out in photo shoots. closing the gap may not be important in a venue that's blasting 4.0 conditions, but it is everything to racers and we who live in 7.5 and humbler places....

in the defi-wind article, sam bitner wrote a great slice of life. i enjoyed the article. great writing. she had troubles handling race gear. i don't like it much either. it's designed for people to train with and go fast. neither she nor i are willing to do that training. her friend who lent her the gear said, "here, use this wave stuff instead, it will be more comfortable." point being, one has to use the best gear possible either in racing, or chitty places. our windsurfing culture indoctrinates us all to do the opposite? only if we let it.

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2U2U2 wrote:
"'Yes, He claims things that are nearly impossible to verify. But honestly, what kind of person cares about verifying that sort of thing ? "

The author, uninterested in the truth, questions the character of those who do. LOL.

It was clear from the start that the “interviewer” had no interest in writing anything remotely accurate or useful to the audience. Like all magazines Windsport needs new ideas, and I’m sure Pete thought that people would read an article about Iso. Unfortunately they’re going to read what this fool wrote, and it’s going to hurt Windsport because the readers either:

A: already have been exposed to Iso and realize how willfully wrong the article is, or
B: will come out of curiosity, and soon get the picture.

I’m sure all involved at Windsport know how full of crap it is. “iWindsurf clique” is an attempt to insulate the article in advance from the criticism they know they’ll receive. Their credibility takes a hit. That’s not good for windsurfing.

Don’t worry about Isobars “glorified”. Anybody interested in him will come to iWindsurf to see the photos of him windsurfing, watch the video of him windsurfing, and read what he has to say about windsurfing.

keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,
Nobody cares. This is a puff piece because Iso writes articles for them.
The articles are pretty good.

Dane
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jingebritsen wrote:
hacks are bad enough.

what does one call another that gets on forums such as these and spreads the disease?

i rail on about how our windsurfing culture spreads from windsurfing paradise. lots of us cannot apply that in our own humble spots.

yesterday, someone asked me if closing the gap was that important. he sees/remembers nothing but pics of wavers and freestylers with high cut sails, and folks sheeting out in photo shoots. closing the gap may not be important in a venue that's blasting 4.0 conditions, but it is everything to racers and we who live in 7.5 and humbler places....

in the defi-wind article, sam bitner wrote a great slice of life. i enjoyed the article. great writing. she had troubles handling race gear. i don't like it much either. it's designed for people to train with and go fast. neither she nor i are willing to do that training. her friend who lent her the gear said, "here, use this wave stuff instead, it will be more comfortable." point being, one has to use the best gear possible either in racing, or chitty places. our windsurfing culture indoctrinates us all to do the opposite? only if we let it.

I dont understand this post, would you care to clearify ?

whitevan01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used to enjoy reading Windsport, not so much with this issue. other than the waste of an article that is the subject of this thread, there was also a story on sailing around the Great Barrier Reef by John Carter that I have already read a couple of months ago in the UK Windsurfing magazine. I guess Windsport is running out of ideas for articles. gotta be hard to write a print magazine with all of the information that is available on line. guess that's why their down to 4 issues a year.

please bring back the instructional articles by Andy Brandt and his gang.

to be fair, I enjoyed the autobiographical piece by the late Andre Paskowski. Really makes one appreciate growing up in the US.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually enjoyed the article.

Don't get your knicker in a knot.

Last edited by KGB-NP on Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: