myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 249, 250, 251 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Hey guys, don't pile up on bajaDean, I'm sure he's a really nice guy, and he's doing a wonderful job of representing the left (as I've said before).
So now it's time to get back on subject, for me at least.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bring it on....

You can not come close to me so I am not worried. But here is how right wingers like to treat people when they can put their hands on them for challenging their ways.... so I know you can not come close to me and McVeigh me.... church shooter, doctor shooter, anthrax mailers for their political views

Excellent!!!! This is what I like about you.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold your champagne glasses high this holiday season, because the end of 2013 marks the 17th year without global warming.

This year has been trying for climate scientists and environmentalists who have been trying hard to explain away the 17-year hiatus in global warming and link “extreme weather” to rising greenhouse gas emissions — despite strong evidence to the contrary. There has been a breakdown in the manmade global warming consensus, and some even argue we are headed for an ice age.

In honor of the 17th year without global warming, The Daily Caller News Foundation has put together seven setbacks for global warming alarmism.

1) Studies show that the world was warmer than it is today during the Roman Empire and when the Vikings were plundering Europe and North America. In fact, even in the 19th Century, there were discussions surrounding the fact that the Vikings could settle the northernmost reaches of Greenland and North America because there was less ice coverage.

2) During the second week in December, the U.S. saw more than 2000 record low temperatures and record snowfalls, according to the National Weather Service and HamWeather records center. There were 606 record low temperatures, 1,234 low maximum temperatures and 285 record snowfalls across the country. In the meantime there were only 98 high temperature records and 141 high minimum temperature records.

3) Satellite data shows that the polar bears have at least one reason to be happy this year – Arctic sea ice coverage was up 50 percent over last year’s record low coverage. Contrary to Al Gore’s prediction that there would be no polar ice cap by this year, sea ice coverage spanned nearly 2,100 cubic miles by the end of this year’s melting season, up from about 1,400 cubic last year.

4) Global cooling is on the way, according to an increasing number of scientists. German scientists have predicted that based on declining sunspot activity and natural climate oscillation the world will cool over the next century. Temperatures will eventually drop to levels corresponding with the “little ice age” of 1870.

5) Other scientists have also been coming around to the global cooling side of things. The BBC reported that Professor Mike Lockwood of the Reading University predicts that at the current rate of decline in solar activity, another “Little Ice Age” could envelope Northern Europe.

6) The United Nations climate bureaucracy’s latest global warming report was called “hilarious” by a leading scientist from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Dr. Richard Lindzen said the UN’s report “has truly sunk to level of hilarious incoherence” because they continue to proclaim with ever greater certainty that mankind is causing global warming, despite their models continually being wrong.

“Their excuse for the absence of warming over the past 17 years is that the heat is hiding in the deep ocean,” Lindzen said. “However, this is simply an admission that the models fail to simulate the exchanges of heat between the surface layers and the deeper oceans.”

7) The Senate testimony of Dr. Roger Pielke of the University of Colorado completely undercut environmentalists and Democrats trying to claim that global warming was causing “extreme weather.”

“It is misleading and just plain incorrect to claim that disasters associated with hurricanes, tornadoes, floods or droughts have increased on climate timescales either in the United States or globally,” Pielke said. “It is further incorrect to associate the increasing costs of disasters with the emission of greenhouse gases.”

The other witnesses on the panel did not refute Pielke’s data.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/20/the-top-seven-global-warming-alarmist-setbacks-in-2013/#ixzz2o4v1aYvd
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Hold your champagne glasses high this holiday season, because the end of 2013 marks the 17th year without global warming.

This year has been trying for climate scientists and environmentalists who have been trying hard to explain away the 17-year hiatus in global warming and link “extreme weather” to rising greenhouse gas emissions — despite strong evidence to the contrary. There has been a breakdown in the manmade global warming consensus, and some even argue we are headed for an ice age.

In honor of the 17th year without global warming, The Daily Caller News Foundation has put together seven setbacks for global warming alarmism.

1) Studies show that the world was warmer than it is today during the Roman Empire and when the Vikings were plundering Europe and North America. In fact, even in the 19th Century, there were discussions surrounding the fact that the Vikings could settle the northernmost reaches of Greenland and North America because there was less ice coverage.

2) During the second week in December, the U.S. saw more than 2000 record low temperatures and record snowfalls, according to the National Weather Service and HamWeather records center. There were 606 record low temperatures, 1,234 low maximum temperatures and 285 record snowfalls across the country. In the meantime there were only 98 high temperature records and 141 high minimum temperature records.

3) Satellite data shows that the polar bears have at least one reason to be happy this year – Arctic sea ice coverage was up 50 percent over last year’s record low coverage. Contrary to Al Gore’s prediction that there would be no polar ice cap by this year, sea ice coverage spanned nearly 2,100 cubic miles by the end of this year’s melting season, up from about 1,400 cubic last year.

4) Global cooling is on the way, according to an increasing number of scientists. German scientists have predicted that based on declining sunspot activity and natural climate oscillation the world will cool over the next century. Temperatures will eventually drop to levels corresponding with the “little ice age” of 1870.

5) Other scientists have also been coming around to the global cooling side of things. The BBC reported that Professor Mike Lockwood of the Reading University predicts that at the current rate of decline in solar activity, another “Little Ice Age” could envelope Northern Europe.

6) The United Nations climate bureaucracy’s latest global warming report was called “hilarious” by a leading scientist from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Dr. Richard Lindzen said the UN’s report “has truly sunk to level of hilarious incoherence” because they continue to proclaim with ever greater certainty that mankind is causing global warming, despite their models continually being wrong.

“Their excuse for the absence of warming over the past 17 years is that the heat is hiding in the deep ocean,” Lindzen said. “However, this is simply an admission that the models fail to simulate the exchanges of heat between the surface layers and the deeper oceans.”

7) The Senate testimony of Dr. Roger Pielke of the University of Colorado completely undercut environmentalists and Democrats trying to claim that global warming was causing “extreme weather.”

“It is misleading and just plain incorrect to claim that disasters associated with hurricanes, tornadoes, floods or droughts have increased on climate timescales either in the United States or globally,” Pielke said. “It is further incorrect to associate the increasing costs of disasters with the emission of greenhouse gases.”

The other witnesses on the panel did not refute Pielke’s data.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/20/the-top-seven-global-warming-alarmist-setbacks-in-2013/#ixzz2o4v1aYvd

randomly picked one name from your list because of the suspected source.

he has some potential issues with credibility from this site. so assume your

http://www.skepticalscience.com/Lindzen_Illusions.htm

next what are the credentials of the writer? so anyone can think they are a scientist in the right wally world. lets see this guys bio as the media he writes fro is certainly not known for anything scientific worthy are they.

GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To restate the obvious; reality trumps theory.

Our latest 'extreme' event (couple of weeks ago - N. Sea storm surge of near record height) was immediately cited as proof of extreme weather in line with global warming modelling theory.

Inconvenient fact; the extreme N. Sea storm surge of 1953 (as I previously stated) was THE worst of its kind ever recorded. Check out the devestation caused in Holland, where the dykes were overwhelmed and breached, and death and destruction ( human and livestock) was unprecedented. Similar was recorded here in Britain. (It resulted in a massive program of sea defence construction with the realization that such could happen again.) ( I also cited a recorded extreme N. Sea surge and storm of a couple of centuries ago which also left such a trail of death and destruction so bad that it was blamed on our turning away from the lord, and was sent as a warning to mend our ways.)

These things have always happened. To blame them on global warming, UNLESS the frequency of such events increases, is wrong.

The arguments for and against man made global warming have all been covered, over and over on this thread. At present, the 'facts' can be used to prove either sides claim. (Future cooling from solar cycles still possible.)

As most now accept, (over here, at least) the issue will become clearer over the next decade or so. Until then, all the certainty in the world is not reality!
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will takea lot more than ten years to have enough data to be reasonably certain.
More like 500 to 1000 years.
Thats why I have no horse in this race.
I have spoken to a couple of actual experts and they both said
of course that is true
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, don't confuse the alarmists with facts. It offends them, and that's even worse than rising oceans and a malaria pandemic.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
Bard, don't confuse the alarmists with facts. It offends them, and that's even worse than rising oceans and a malaria pandemic.

Geez, Mikey, when I look up "alarmist" in the dictionary, I find your picture.

Wearing a tinfoil hat.

Same picture when I look up "Chicken Little."

Why is that?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should be as concerned about global cooling as global warming. It would be stupid not to anticipate a change in the weather. Even though it's been the driest year in history here in Cal, I keep a raincoat stored in the back of my truck. Wink
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for sure Steve, I'd be only too pleased to send you some of our incessant bleeding rainfall as a Christmas present, if you can think of a way of managing it!

That first atlas I ever had as a nipper, which painted our little island vivid blue/green with the legend (in capital letters) 'Well Watered Land', wasn't just joking! (Rolling Eyes)

And the cold feels colder, the older one gets - which is why I dread it is only going to get worse! Wink (Or is it just that Winter windsurfing has run its course, and is losing its appeal?) ( Shocked )
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I think we should be as concerned about global cooling as global warming.

I was stationed in upstate NY for 5 years, at my request. Saw the ground maybe 6 months out of the year, experienced 35 below zero, and a nearby town got 9-10 feet of snow in three days three winters in a row.

My next assignment was in southern New Mexico, also at my request. When those NM folks asked me how I could stand upstate NY, my standard, sincere response was always, "I bought a coat". (We tried to buy an umbrella in NM as a gift for a college freshman bound for the east coast. There was not one umbrella for sale in that NM town.)

Hell, I very often, by choice, rode my motorcycle to work in the dead of winter. Its narrow knobby tires handled thigh deep snow better than my car did on the street, and it let me ride cross-country beside the historic and beautiful Mohawk River. I'll never forget having the interstate highway system completely to myself because it was under waist-deep fresh snow beneath the bluest skies I'd ever seen; rode my bike for many hours in solitude, hard to come by in that part of the country. I could also see "forever", rare back east.

Just as in windsurfing, the only weather that counts is the weather next to your skin. Cold climates in populated areas kill far more than hot climates do, but it's all in the preparation on an individual basis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 249, 250, 251 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 250 of 573

Jump to: