myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Benghazi-gate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 122, 123, 124  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POST REMOVED BY MODERATORS

Please read the Forum Guidelines
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And even more important on a national scale, there's the hard, documented proof that, yet again, our entire administration flat lied to the world to cover their disgusting, criminal, incompetent, uncaring asses.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
...entire administration flat lied to the world...

What, you mean they're still ranting about WMDs in Iraq?
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW--you pretty much define the terms "knuckle-dragger" and troglodyte. Look them up--they have no racial connotation. Comments like this:

Quote:
Ah, that's just Ambassador Stevens's body, can't talk about that.

must be compared to the wishes of the family. Jan Stevens was a colleague of mine, a Deputy Attorney General for the State of California. Expert in State Lands and the Public Trust. Highly respected. Here's what he said:

Quote:
The father of Chris Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya who was murdered in a terrorist attack in Benghazi last month, has said it would be 'abhorrent' to turn his son's death into political fodder in the battle for the White House.
'It would really be abhorrent to make this into a campaign issue,' said Jan Stevens, 77. 'The security matters are being adequately investigated.
'We don’t pretend to be experts in security. It has to be objectively examined. That’s where it belongs. It does not belong in the campaign arena.'
stevens
Political football: The father of slain U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens, above, said it would 'really be abhorrent' to turn his death into a campaign issue
Mr Stevens said he had been getting regular briefings from the State Department on progress in the investigation - a contrast with the mother of Sean Smith, another of the four U.S. personnel killed in Benghazi, who has complained she was being kept in the dark.
He was speaking in a telephone interview from his home in Loomis, California, as he made preparations for a memorial service for his son due to be held next week.
The attacks on September 11 this year have already become one of the major election battlegrounds.
Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential nominee, has blasted Barack Obama for failing to provide effective security in Benghazi and for shifting explanations over what prompted the deadly assault on the U.S. compound.
Mr Stevens stopped short of openly criticizing Romney, who the Obama campaign have accused of of seeking to gain political advantage from a tragedy.
'I’m not sure exactly what he’s been saying and not saying, but our position is it would be a real shame if this were politicised,' said Stevens.
'Our concern now is memorialising Chris and remembering his contribution to the country.'
Ambassador Stevens, a former Peace Corps volunteer and career diplomat fluent in Arabic and French, was the first U.S. ambassador to be murdered in the line of duty since the ambassador to Afghanistan was killed in 1979. He was 52.
Mr Stevens said that 'we weren’t that familiar with the day-to-day activities' and when he did phone him he didn’t share details about his work except to say that 'he was very optimistic about the results of the election and the new government.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2218117/Father-Ambassador-Chris-Stevens-says-abhorrent-play-politics-sons-death-Benghazi.html#ixzz2nTfMeR11
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

You are truly beyond the pale. Particularly when you rant about polite discourse. You wouldn't recognize it if it bit you.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's campaigning? Not me.
I'm just pointing out the fact that they shouldn't be forgotten or swept under the rug (which was done for political purposes) ie., the video as well as trying to change the subject by the administration to something else, anything else.
As in the article you posted, Stevens didn't directly accuse the Romney campaign, he kept his concern more generic which I agree with.

But if you want to assume that trying to keep their names from being forgotten, as being political, well then I have nothing for you.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have nothing for you.

Boy is that clear. Never saw you make any mention of re-posting the attacks of the liar. Never apologize.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very offended by NW referring to those american heros in that way
I even thought it best to forward his remarks and the whole thread to the families of those men so that they could each explain it to him

the post has been deleted
By quickly reading through the guidelines and perhaps an apology NW could choose to show some class and avoid this kind of disrespect in the future.

He doesnt seem to really be the kind of guy who talks like that about our fallen patriots
mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30 started this thread with this:

Quote:
It really is just starting, today in fact with the first congressional hearings on the matter of the cover up.
Yes, it was a cover up, and cover ups have a way of blowing up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Politics loom as new facts emerge in Libya probe

WASHINGTON The State Department now says it never believed the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, was a film protest gone awry, giving congressional Republicans new fodder for criticizing the Obama administration's initial accounts of the assault.

The State Department's extraordinary break with other administration offices came in a department briefing Tuesday, where officials said "others" in the executive branch concluded initially that the protest was based, like others in the Middle East, on a film that ridiculed the Prophet Muhammad.

NW is one of those who claims that all of his attacks on Obama are not hatred, just criticism. Yet he fails to understand that credibility is what distinguishes legitimate criticism from hateful and lying attacks.

I just finished the NY Times article from Sunday on their investigation into the Benghazi attacks. You can see it here: http://www.nytimes.com/projects/2013/benghazi/#/?chapt=0

Almost none of the "facts" alleged by the Republicans led by Daryl Issa and repeated here by NW have turned out to be true in the investigation. There is no credible evidence that the attack was associated with Al Queda, there is substantial evidence that demonstrations over the video "Innocence of Muslims" was part of the motivation of some of the attackers, nor is there is no credible evidence that a rescue mission could have arrived in time to save any of the victims.

Instead, the conclusion of the article is:

Quote:
Months of investigation by The New York Times, centered on extensive interviews with Libyans in Benghazi who had direct knowledge of the attack there and its context, turned up no evidence that Al Qaeda or other international terrorist groups had any role in the assault. The attack was led, instead, by fighters who had benefited directly from NATO’s extensive air power and logistics support during the uprising against Colonel Qaddafi. And contrary to claims by some members of Congress, it was fueled in large part by anger at an American-made video denigrating Islam.

It is legitimate to criticize the Department of State under Obama and Clinton for naivete in thinking that the support of the United States in the overthrow of Qaddafi would lead to any long-standing good relations with the militias in Libya. It is legitimate to criticize the CIA, because, despite a 20 member mission a half mile from the embassy, they had to turn to Ambassador Stevens to try to distinguish among the disparate militias that had united to overthrow Qaddafi and were now armed and struggling for power. But it is sheer fantasy to think that a rescue team in Europe could have accomplished what the CIA team with armored carriers could not--save Ambassador Stevens. He died of smoke inhalation, despite 7 armed guards on the compound and a safe room. It is a tragedy--but not a respectable source for partisan attacks that relied on a liar.

It is equally legitimate to credit the Obama administration for learning the deeper lesson of Libya, and refusing to become embroiled in Syria. The deep tribal schisms in the Muslim world, and the long history of missteps under different presidents, from the arming of the Taliban and Mujahideen in Afghanistan, and the arming of Saddam Hussein in the war against Iran have destablized the Middle East, or at least maintained the region's ethnics tensions, which date back to the end of World War I.

I expect no apologies from NW, or any change in behavior. He will continue to rely only on sources whose singular purpose is to attack Obama. He will care little if those sources are accurate or credible. But the attacks, in particular on Jan Stevens, Chris's father and a long-time Deputy Attorney General in California, are quite simply, despicable. If they are not evidence of hate, I don't know what is.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
POST REMOVED BY MODERATORS

Please read the Forum Guidelines
What did I miss?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW...when I saw this cartoon, I thought of you....carry on.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/dk-production/images/63655/lightbox/TMW2013-08-21color.png?1388692595
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 60 of 124

Jump to: