myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 244, 245, 246 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great!
Your responses are actually getting funny now.

Here let me Sesame Street this down for you:
All black people are......
All hispanics are.....
All homosexuals are......
All women are......
All Christians are...
All right wingers are.....

All statements above represent statements of?
Some blacks are.....
Some hispanics are....
Some homosexuals are....
Some women are.....
Some Christians are.....
Some right wingers are....

I can admit I have some prejudices that I am not proud of, can you? I like to think I can be introspective enough to try to eliminate those in some way. I've actually found the exchange here has addressed or made me question some of mine. I may not always like being called out on it but in time I've grown to appreciate that.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
This is great!
Your responses are actually getting funny now.

Here let me Sesame Street this down for you:
All black people are......
All hispanics are.....
All homosexuals are......
All women are......
All Christians are...
All right wingers are.....

Some blacks are.....
Some hispanics are....
Some homosexuals are....
Some women are.....
Some Christians are.....
Some right wingers are....

I can admit I have some prejudices that I am not proud of, can you? I like to think I can be introspective enough to try to eliminate those in some way. I've actually found the exchange here has addressed or made me question some of mine. I may not always like being called out on it but in time I've grown to appreciate that.

troll

Here is some more info for you to digest if you can.

Here is why you are having such a McVeigh like attachment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/07/conservative-politics-low-effort-thinking_n_1410448.html?ref=mostpopular

Quote:
a study published in the journal "Psychological Science" showed that children who score low on intelligence tests gravitate toward socially conservative political views in adulthood--perhaps because conservative ideologies stress "structure and order" that make it easier to understand a complicated world.

mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BajaDean--Ouch. I know about that study, but have not posted it here. Dial it down a bit, you're over the top.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
BajaDean--Ouch. I know about that study, but have not posted it here. Dial it down a bit, you're over the top.
not at all... i do not feed mcVeigh want a bes. ever... as I have mentioned have been on other borads and have learned you just dish the truth back at them till they stop. I will just keep repeating these when they troll. It works, on the right wing moderated boards it can take about 1-2 years but they do learn there are consequences to their McVeigh trolling.

Last edited by real-human on Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!
Sorry to shatter your little preconceived conclusions but I've have been tested. It would appear that I can kick your crutch out from under you.

It is interesting that you've resolved to quote the Huffington post. Would that make you guilty of the crime you so detest? You think Huffington's got a bias and probably BSes their info a bit? How about your comprehension skills, are they working? Did you note that I agreed with you at some point or that I would vote Democrat if I was an American.

From Wiki:
"The Huffington Post was launched on May 9, 2005, as a liberal/left commentary outlet.."

Anyway, I'm done. I'll let you have the last word, but make sure it comes across as nutty as the rest of them. I wouldn't want you to break stride. Please start it with "troll" though. I love that part, last time I shot water out of my nose. If it makes you feel better it got the front of my shirt all wet.

Last edited by KGB-NP on Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Oh let him bloviate, he doesn't represent your side that bad.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a liberal myself, bajaDean, I thought that I would try again to better communicate what I was trying to say in my earlier post. Without a doubt, you are dedicated and unquestionably adamant in your beliefs. I think you know that I'm not against you there. Really, it's about tolerance.

By now, I would guess that you have a pretty good idea where most of us here stand on the political side of the fence. Also, I would have thought that you knew that G.T. lives in England. Given that fact, it's really hard to categorize him and his politics under an American light, as seem to be doing right now. While he might be considered a conservative in the UK, that's got very little to do with right wing fanatics and extremists that we find here in the US.

Needless to say though, apparently G.T.'s earlier comments got under your skin. Given what you presented about what G.T. said (I have no way of knowing whether it's all or part of what was originally posted), I find it hard to understand why you're so unsettled. Often here, there is a bit of name calling going on back and forth on either side of the political spectrum, but much of it is simply theater. Speaking for myself, I can honestly admit that I have posted things in the past where I later realized that I went a bit too far in my comments and later deleted them. That doesn't happen often, but I will admit to deleting posts.

Seemingly, G.T. had second thoughts about the post he ultimately deleted. In my book, that says that he's a reflective person with a conscience. The reason why I entered the fray was because I thought that you were getting ugly way too quick. Wouldn't a more cautious and reserved view of G.T.'s post been a better avenue, if only to enlist some restraint and allow for a cool down on your part? Never a good idea to be too quick to anger.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Cool!
Sorry to shatter your little preconceived conclusions but I've have been tested. It would appear that I can kick your crutch out from under you.

It is interesting that you've resolved to quote the Huffington post. Would that make you guilty of the crime you so detest? You think Huffington's got a bias and probably BSes their info a bit? How about your comprehension skills, are they working? Did you note that I agreed with you at some point or that I would vote Democrat if I was an American.

From Wiki:
"The Huffington Post was launched on May 9, 2005, as a liberal/left commentary outlet.."

Anyway, I'm done. I'll let you have the last word, but make sure it comes across as nutty as the rest of them. I wouldn't want you to break stride. Please start it with "troll" though. I love that part, last time I shot water out of my nose. If it makes you feel better it got the front of my shirt all wet.

wow still trolling, nice,

so not a reputable quote that came from a study published in the journal "Psychological Science... hahahaha I do not care where it came from.. Ok you hate ariana Huffington who was a republican and understood the games republicans play.

Did you know Ed Schultz was a republican too in his youth.

So was David Brock.

so you are saying a few liberal centers not funded by the oil companies who have larger revenues in 1/3 of a day than the largest union in the USA has funding for an entire year is less competent in their materials than the paid shrills.

As far as my comprehension skills ... too funny... what have you done in your life that makes you smarter than anyone else. Yes I can pound a nail... if that is what you are asking.

Last edited by real-human on Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
As a liberal myself, bajaDean, I thought that I would try again to better communicate what I was trying to say in my earlier post. Without a doubt, you are dedicated and unquestionably adamant in your beliefs. I think you know that I'm not against you there. Really, it's about tolerance.

By now, I would guess that you have a pretty good idea where most of us here stand on the political side of the fence. Also, I would have thought that you knew that G.T. lives in England. Given that fact, it's really hard to categorize him and his politics under an American light, as seem to be doing right now. While he might be considered a conservative in the UK, that's got very little to do with right wing fanatics and extremists that we find here in the US.

Needless to say though, apparently G.T.'s earlier comments got under your skin. Given what you presented about what G.T. said (I have no way of knowing whether it's all or part of what was originally posted), I find it hard to understand why you're so unsettled. Often here, there is a bit of name calling going on back and forth on either side of the political spectrum, but much of it is simply theater. Speaking for myself, I can honestly admit that I have posted things in the past where I later realized that I went a bit too far in my comments and later deleted them. That doesn't happen often, but I will admit to deleting posts.

Seemingly, G.T. had second thoughts about the post he ultimately deleted. In my book, that says that he's a reflective person with a conscience. The reason why I entered the fray was because I thought that you were getting ugly way too quick. Wouldn't a more cautious and reserved view of G.T.'s post been a better avenue, if only to enlist some restraint and allow for a cool down on your part? Never a good idea to be too quick to anger.

here a chain of events. He posted it at some late hour, for some reason I woke up 1 time in a few years, maybe immaculate conception time, and I was replying. I posted as I have learned you do not feed the trolls by letting them post Lies it allows them to foster their self worth. Like RR for example.

Then when I posted it I notices he removed it, so I changed my post to say I do respect that on the top of it and was going to remove my entire post.

But then he posted he meant it anyway after I had posted that statement. So if he thinks I will will stop with what I see as a absolute ignorant non addressing the subject post. well as I said you do not know me.

As I said, I lived with a great example of a person who withstood much worse for the better of man, my father. He endured death threats for helping a black colleague move to be our neighbor.

If he would not have posted his he meant it anyway I would have deleted my post later as promised.

He was attacked and by the military his entire life for being against nuclear weapons. He was a officer and undergrad journalism, masters in Engineering and PhD in Nuclear Physics and was telling the military that making more nuclear weapons was just irresponsible 50 years ago, that x number destroys the world as we know it, but the idiot admirals could not think about it to them more is always better. Yet we know you do not need more to destroy the world for living. They destroyed his career but that did not stop him, he continued on working with scientists against nukes mostly without pay. His first book the CIA tried to ban 40 years ago. But he as a journalist knows how to write and document. The book was published.

BTW still with them messing with his life and career his entire life as payback he never let the military trolls deter him,. So these little trolls are nothing to me. But I will not feed them.

Also because of my fathers commitment to working with scientists around the world to rid these missile, when the russian society collapsed the russians would not trust the american defense physicists to work on dismantling they only trusted my father and his associates and he was the first non-Russian allowed in many areas of nuclear programs of Russia. The russians awarded him a plaque with a part from the missiles dismantled for his effort.

BTW because of these excess nuke missiles we as a society have had to pay 100s of billions extra in dismantling them because these right wing idiots are too stupid to listen or learn. Yes secretary of Energy when a dem was in power would call him for his input on nuke policy position.

I am humbled by what my father went through and un-selfishly withered. so telling trolls to go back under the bridge they crawled out from under is nothing vs what he worked through.. How many of you would be willing to lose your entire pension and career for anything you believed in. and my father was right.

GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To correct any misunderstanding.

!) I posted from home at 9.30 a.m. in the morning, NOT at some late hour of the night.

2) His response to my post (as now stands) was NOT as originally posted, before I deleted mine.

3) I deleted my post so as not to offend other left wingers on the forum, and in no way was it directed at them.

4) By his continued vitriolic ranting and obscene accusations (terrorism no less) against me, he adequately condemns himself!

5) Apologies to the forum. I will make no further response on the matter, or to this individual.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 244, 245, 246 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 245 of 573

Jump to: