myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why We Should All Fear Government
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fail to see the humor. Obama said he wanted a "civilian" force as strong as the military. Eventually he will arm the TSA and other civilian forces. Our founders gave us all the right to bear arms so we could fight a tyrannical government. Obama is fulfilling his agenda in plain sight.

Ha ha, tin foil hats. What a joke. While Obama waves his hand with "executive" orders, loads the courts, and ignores immigration laws. The next guy may not be so benevolent.

I still ask, why hollow point ammo that is banned world wide? Not even militaries use is.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I fail to see the humor. Obama said he wanted a "civilian" force as strong as the military. Eventually he will arm the TSA and other civilian forces. Our founders gave us all the right to bear arms so we could fight a tyrannical government. Obama is fulfilling his agenda in plain sight.

Ha ha, tin foil hats. What a joke. While Obama waves his hand with "executive" orders, loads the courts, and ignores immigration laws. The next guy may not be so benevolent.

I still ask, why hollow point ammo that is banned world wide? Not even militaries use is.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use proper terminology when discussing the current judicial nomination and and appointment process, or rather, the lack of the same.

The current situation does not constitute "court packing" as you claim. Please read:

The Judicial Procedures Reform Bill of 1937[1] (frequently called the "court-packing plan") was a legislative initiative proposed by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt to add more justices to the U.S. Supreme Court. Roosevelt's purpose was to obtain favorable rulings regarding New Deal legislation that had been previously ruled unconstitutional. The central and most controversial provision of the bill would have granted the President power to appoint an additional Justice to the U.S. Supreme Court, up to a maximum of six, for every sitting member over the age of 70 years and 6 months.

The current situation consists of the President attempting to fulfill his Constitutional duties, by filling current vacancies in the federal judiciary, not adding to the number of federal judges.

Article II, Section II, Clause II provides: [The President] shall nominate, and, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The fact is that there are currently 93 federal judicial vacancies and 51 pending nominees. See: http://www.uscourts.gov/JudgesAndJudgeships/JudicialVacancies/CurrentJudicialVacancies.aspx

So, as you can see, the President is not engaged in "court packing". He is engaged in fulfilling his duty as President.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every event in USpolitics is judged by a special standard which applies to Obama alone.
Cruz gives a fake filibuster with at least 44 easy to identify lies and he is a hero.
Homeland security buys bullets? Huge takeover planned by Obama.
Pres. appoints a judge? Obama is packing the courts.
Economy collapses under Bush? Obama caused it.
Tea Party gets investigated because they suspect it is involved in politics?
Obama targeting a church social just serving tea.
Ambassador gets killed? Obama killed him.

Last edited by keycocker on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
..I still ask, why hollow point ammo that is banned world wide? Not even militaries use is.

Not true Amigo;

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod/9mm_Hollow_Point_Ammunition
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Every event in USpolitics is judged by a special standard which applies to Obama alone.
Cruz gives a fake filibuster with at least 44 easy to identify lies and he is a hero.

But then there's this.
Do we even know what's real with this guy anymore?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Terrorist Ayers Confesses Sharing Obama's 'Dreams'

Posted 11/26/2013 06:47 PM ET

Trust: We know ObamaCare was sold on a lie, but what about the Obama presidency itself? Rumors that Obama's violent leftist pal Bill Ayers ghostwrote the memoir that launched his political career may actually be true.

Obama has always claimed authorship of his bestselling "Dreams From My Father."

But Ayers is telling a different story. In promoting his new book, "Public Enemy," Ayers' publisher, Beacon Press, has written a blurb on Amazon.com that says Ayers "finally 'confesses' that he did write 'Dreams From My Father.'"

The boast appears in other promotions for the book as well. For instance, a Baltimore bookstore — Red Emma's — last week posted a similar claim that Ayers penned Obama's memoir as part of an announcement for a book-signing event at the leftist coffeehouse.

The reprehensible former terrorist twice before laid claim to Obama's book — once during a post-election interview and again during a speech two years ago.

In October 2009, Ayers told an interviewer at Reagan National Airport in Washington that he wrote "Dreams From My Father." Asked if he meant he "heavily edited" the book for his friend, Ayers insisted, "I wrote it."

He added that Michelle Obama asked him to help Obama, who had blown deadlines and was struggling with delivering a manuscript.

Then in March 2011, Ayers revealed his role in the book after giving a speech at Montclair State University in New Jersey. During a question-and-answer session, a member of the audience remarked how well Obama's first memoir was written.

Ayers agreed and offered that Obama's second autobiography — "Audacity of Hope" — paled in comparison. He said "the second one was more of a political hack book, but the first book's quite good."

Then Ayers volunteered, "Did you know I wrote it?"

"What's that?" the startled questioner asked.

"I wrote 'Dreams From My Father,'" Ayers asserted.

Obama's media protectors wrote those statements off as "sarcasm." But now Ayers is publishing the claim.

It's not as far-fetched as it sounds.

Ayers befriended Obama and his new wife well before Random House published his book in June 1995.

Ayers and Obama worked together on a panel approving grants for far-left causes. Later that year, Ayers and his radical wife launched Obama's political career during a fundraiser at their Hyde Park home.

If Ayers, who was an accomplished writer, aided Obama, it was a godsend.

Obama had a bad case of writer's block and couldn't produce. He had contracted to write his memoir almost five years earlier, when Simon & Schuster had given him a $125,000 contract after he was elected the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review. After Obama missed several deadlines, Simon & Schuster canceled the contract. Random House picked it up.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-obama-care/112613-680812-bill-ayers-claims-authorship-of-obama-dreams-memoir.htm#ixzz2ls0w91mU
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

Why should we? HE doesn't know what's real.

"We must save [the ACA] because everybody wants it"? 60% never wanted it in the first place and 47% want it repealed. Only 7% like it as is, and I'll bet they couldn't write one accurate sentence about it.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
keycocker wrote:

But then there's this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Terrorist Ayers Confesses Sharing Obama's 'Dreams'

Posted 11/26/2013 06:47 PM ET

Trust: We know ObamaCare was sold on a lie, but what about the Obama presidency itself? Rumors that Obama's violent leftist pal Bill Ayers ghostwrote the memoir that launched his political career may actually be true.

Obama has always claimed authorship of his bestselling "Dreams From My Father."

But Ayers is telling a different story. In promoting his new book, "Public Enemy," Ayers' publisher, Beacon Press, has written a blurb on Amazon.com that says Ayers "finally 'confesses' that he did write 'Dreams From My Father.'"

The boast appears in other promotions for the book as well. For instance, a Baltimore bookstore — Red Emma's — last week posted a similar claim that Ayers penned Obama's memoir as part of an announcement for a book-signing event at the leftist coffeehouse.

The reprehensible former terrorist twice before laid claim to Obama's book — once during a post-election interview and again during a speech two years ago.

In October 2009, Ayers told an interviewer at Reagan National Airport in Washington that he wrote "Dreams From My Father." Asked if he meant he "heavily edited" the book for his friend, Ayers insisted, "I wrote it."

He added that Michelle Obama asked him to help Obama, who had blown deadlines and was struggling with delivering a manuscript.

Then in March 2011, Ayers revealed his role in the book after giving a speech at Montclair State University in New Jersey. During a question-and-answer session, a member of the audience remarked how well Obama's first memoir was written.

Ayers agreed and offered that Obama's second autobiography — "Audacity of Hope" — paled in comparison. He said "the second one was more of a political hack book, but the first book's quite good."

Then Ayers volunteered, "Did you know I wrote it?"

"What's that?" the startled questioner asked.

"I wrote 'Dreams From My Father,'" Ayers asserted.

Obama's media protectors wrote those statements off as "sarcasm." But now Ayers is publishing the claim.

It's not as far-fetched as it sounds.

Ayers befriended Obama and his new wife well before Random House published his book in June 1995.

Ayers and Obama worked together on a panel approving grants for far-left causes. Later that year, Ayers and his radical wife launched Obama's political career during a fundraiser at their Hyde Park home.

If Ayers, who was an accomplished writer, aided Obama, it was a godsend.

Obama had a bad case of writer's block and couldn't produce. He had contracted to write his memoir almost five years earlier, when Simon & Schuster had given him a $125,000 contract after he was elected the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review. After Obama missed several deadlines, Simon & Schuster canceled the contract. Random House picked it up.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-obama-care/112613-680812-bill-ayers-claims-authorship-of-obama-dreams-memoir.htm#ixzz2ls0w91mU

You might want to include the full quote:

"You know that I wrote it?" he says, of Obama's first book. "I wrote that, Dreams From My Father ."

"You wrote it?" asks the questioner.
"Yeah," says Ayers. "If you can help me prove it, I'll split the royalties."

See the video too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OfIZDYm0a54

In addition, why would you believe what Ayers says now? As a domestic terrorist, I would have though that nothing he said would be credible. Selective credibility when it suits your agenda? Interesting.

Last edited by uwindsurf on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
..I still ask, why hollow point ammo that is banned world wide? Not even militaries use is.

Not true Amigo;

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod/9mm_Hollow_Point_Ammunition

From Mother Jones

Army Times today highlights a quiet but notable decision by the Army's top cop: Civilian and military police on US Army bases are now authorized to load their weapons with "jacketed hollow-point bullets." These rounds—which are available for use by civilians in most US states but banned in international conflicts—feature a small depression cut into the slug's nose, usually filled with notched steel. As Army Times puts it, these modifications enable the rounds to "deform and fragment upon striking a hard-tissue target. Mushrooming into a larger diameter, the rounds create a larger wound cavity."
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
"We must save [the ACA] because everybody wants it"?

Source?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 13 of 63

Jump to: