myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/11/22/jfk-a-conservative-12-quotes-from-the-liberal-icon-that-you-wont-believe/

Just my definition of what a conservative is....from that hate filled JFK.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly Bard:

Quote:
How Alabamans took the news
The summer of 1963 I spent at Sun Valley Music Camp, where I met several people from the Bay Area, who tried to persuade me, a native Southerner, to move from Alabama to California, where the music world was a lot more lively. But I was idealistic and wanted to try to stay in the South to try, in a small way, to bring it into the 20th century.

That's how it happened that at the time John F. Kennedy was shot I was coaching a cello student on my noon hour in the Mobile, Ala., junior high, where I was the orchestra teacher. Suddenly, the band director rushed in, his face as white as a sheet, and asked if we had heard the news, which, of course, we hadn't. So we all went to the school cafeteria, where the school's only television set was, just in time to hear Walter Cronkite confirm the sad news: The president was dead.

At that point, all the teachers danced a jig and shouted, "Hallelujah, the Lord has shown Kennedy he can't mix the races!" I took my students into the music room and told them, "We live under a rule of law, the Constitution. If you disagree with someone, you don't shoot them - because they could do the same to you! Instead, you vote them out of office."

That was Friday. Schools were closed on Monday for Kennedy's funeral. On Tuesday, when I walked in the door, I was called to the principal's office. "What's this I hear about you preachin' communist propaganda to yo' chil'ren?" he asked and quoted what I had said to my students on Friday. Then he told me, "I notice you are up for tenure at the end of this year, and I would suggest that you look for another job."

That did it. I went home and called my San Francisco friend, Milton Salkind (later director of the San Francisco Conservatory of Music) and said, "Milton, can you get me a job in California - I'm ready to come now." He was as good as his word, and the following August I was teaching in the Bay Area, where I've been ever since. Never looked back.

Joan Murray, San Francisco

From yesterday's Chronicle. With the good old boys in Texas playing games about hunting illegal aliens, tell me how much the South has changed.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that the Pope is is basically speaking to part of the premise of this thread. As I contend the media is owned by a bunch of trust fund kids engaged in control of the message.

The Pope basically said in essence the trust funders are not gods yet they act like they are and that is a major problem of the US world.

He went on specifically attacking Ronald ReyGun who was a intellectual flunk out his entire life, yet his blind flock believed he was the god of economics with his vodo economics stating that it is trickle down economics that the world needs. The Pope blasted this sac-religion stating it for what it is a false profit-cy. I called the right wing trickle down theory more appropriately should be called piss on americans...

again I posted his last one where basically he again directed his lessons to the right wing of the US with their priority of Birth control, abortion , hating gays, of which only the USA has all three of those as right wing priorities. So he was addressing the american right wing.

Next lets see if he goes after the media with his directness.

This Pope has guts, the right wingers are going to have him killed or crucified.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Singapore Contractor in U.S. Navy Bribes Case Denied Bail Reply with quote

here is another story you just do not see much of that if I as a partisan liberal media owner would put front page every day. It has everything that would be slacious, prostitutes, bribes, millions of dollars, national security, spy, corruption, highest levels of the military, admirals involved and other country businessman.

again a severe national threat of our national security. These admirals need to be removed from duty for good for not removing the alleged perpetrators ability to get classified materials right away. This is just not acceptable stupidity.

but barely a peep from the media. arrest was September and we do not even see it in all the papers, I had a hard time finding information with searches.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-26/singapore-contractor-in-u-s-navy-bribes-case-denied-bail.html

Singapore Contractor in U.S. Navy Bribes Case Denied Bail

Quote:
Francis, a Malaysian citizen, was arrested in September in San Diego. He’s charged with bribing two Navy commanders to help him win contracts for so-called husbanding services his company provides for Navy ships at ports in Southeast Asia. He’s also accused of bribing a Navy criminal investigator for information about an investigation of his company.
The two commanders and the investigator were also charged. The Navy this month suspended access to classified information for two of its top admirals after putting them on leave pending further investigation

The bribery scheme involves “hundreds of millions of dollars” in defense contracts, prosecutors said..

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good old right wing producer on 60 minutes... hmmm you do not hear the media covering these issues and telling the story about her year earlier biased doctrine...
or the fact the real journalists could not understand how she was giver her right wing job when she was not competent in the first place. She should have been over at Fox News...

Quote:

Worse, earlier in the year, Logan had made a biased speech criticizing the U.S. government and urging stronger action for the attack. How was she allowed to further her right-wing agenda on “60 Minutes” while CBS tossed Dan Rather and his producer to the curb for biased left-wing reporting?

According to one former CBS news producer who’s worked with Logan for years, “While some may see Lara as fearless, she is in fact reckless. Time and again she has put herself and her team in danger.

“Many of us there wondered how Lara ever got to be a correspondent on what is arguably the best show in the history of TV news in the first place
.”
Logan may no longer be the big “Eye” in that tiger, but don’t be surprised if she trots to Fox in the future.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/stasi-article-1.1533768#ixzz2mPqdPTiV

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is funny, this writer considered imus, tucker, savage, joe down the middle. this is how out of touch this member of the media is.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/concha-a-year-of-poor-decisions-show-why-it%E2%80%99s-time-for-a-change-of-leadership-at-msnbc/

Quote:
This column is not about MSNBC’s narrative…not about its ideology or advocacy. The decision by MSNBC a few years ago to go left, to be the anti-Fox, should be applauded, as it boosted what used to be anemic ratings (averaging about 350,000 viewers in primetime).

Believe it or not, MSNBC used to be down the middle: Imus, Tucker Carlson, Michael Savage and Joe Scarborough once all had their own shows, for example. But it simply wasn’t working. The network just didn’t have an identity.

Then along came the rise of Olbermann and then Maddow, who both were aided by a decision by then NBCU CEO Jeff Zucker and MSNBC President Phil Griffin (following Olbermann’s lead) to create a more opinion-based platform. From there, the additions of Al Sharpton, http://www.mediaite.com/power-grid/person/?q=Lawrence+ODonnell”>Lawrence O’Donnell, Chris Hayes, and Ed Schultz (along with many other progressives), were made, Morning Joe was created (to replace Imus), and the rest is cable news history. And while MSNBC is still getting beaten by Fox News by 3-1, even 4-1 margins, it’s a significant improvement from where the network once was.

So with momentum at his back following the re-election of President Obama, Griffin felt he had the gravitas and instincts to make some bold pronouncements and even more on-air talent hires.

Unfortunately, every single one (particularly since Zucker left) has been ill-advised and ill-considered, respectively.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the Pope is attacking the lie of the liberal media. Isn't this directed that the media is not liberal. Isn't he pointing out that if the media was liberal wouldn't we care about the poor in the media vs the rich, as a liberal like me would do and have been discussing for over 10 years about the lie of the liberal media by the right wing media...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/04/obama-quotes-pope-francis_n_4386622.html
Quote:
The Pope is making the world sit up and pay attention to poverty with his dedication to serving the poor, and it looks like world leaders are taking a leaf out of his book, including President Obama.

During a Wednesday speech on income equality, Obama remarked, "Across the developed world, inequality has increased. Some of you may have seen just last week, the pope himself spoke about this at eloquent length."

He went on to quote a line from Pope Francis' apostolic exhortation "Evangelii Gaudium," asking, "How can it be that it is not a news item when an elderly homeless person dies of exposure, but it is news when the stock market loses two points?"

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MSNBC

On October 21, 2010 MSNBC announced that Uygur had been officially hired as a contributor and substitute anchor for the network. On January 21, 2011, it was announced that Uygur would be hosting the 6 p.m. Eastern slot on MSNBC as the anchor of a new prime time edition of MSNBC Live, after the network parted ways with Keith Olbermann, resulting in a rearrangement of the timeslots of MSNBC's other prime time shows. Uygur filled the time slot vacated by Ed Schultz,[38][39] from late January through June 2011, earning first among people 18–34 in the second quarter. His contract was ended when he did not accept a lower profile weekend slot.[6] An MSNBC spokesperson expressed regret at Uygur's leaving.[40] Uygur gave his side of the story on Democracy Now!, saying that MSNBC President Phil Griffin had called him into his office in April and told him that he had been talking to people in Washington and that they did not like Uygur's tone.[41] MSNBC denied the claim, saying that "We did have numerous conversations with Cenk about his style, not substance."[42]

so who the F are they at MSNBC to tell him about his style when he is the only one at MSNBC to ever beat Fox in a quarter and he was only there for a few months.......................

http://youtu.be/S10xwBnoK3M

http://www.prisonplanet.com/cenk-uygurs-departure-from-msnbc-shatters-the-popular-myth-that-only-ratings-matter.html

Cenk Uygur’s Departure From MSNBC Shatters The Popular Myth That Only Ratings Matter

Quote:

July 22, 2011
Cenk Uygur, host of the popular show, “The Young Turks,” decided to leave the not so popular MSNBC channel after experiencing what can only be called a “Howard Beale moment” with MSNBC’s corporate executives. Basically, MSNBC’s managers gave Cenk an ultimatum: join our exclusive club and stop raising hell or you won’t be on television.

Cenk made the announcement of his departure on his internet/radioshow on July 20, explaining that he left MSNBC because of disagreements about how to run the show.

Cenk said that MSNBC offered him a lucrative contract on the condition that he accept a limited role at MSNBC and that he would “tone down” his rhetoric against the criminals who run Washington D.C. He was also told to be less wild on television and present himself to the audience similar to a senator or professional politician (like those fake and manufactured personalities Mitt Romney and Barack Obama).
But Cenk refused to compromise his principles for a large paycheck. He deserves our respect and support. He has honour and backbone. The people who work at MSNBC and the other propaganda channels in the Western world have no honour and no dignity. Anchors at MSNBC, Fox News, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, CBC, CTV, and BBC are lost souls, telling lies to the public and telling lies to themselves like a pack of cheap whores. They won’t ever tell the people the truth about the 9/11 attacks and the great hoax that is the war on terror. If they had it their way, the age of government lies and mass brainwashing will never end.

What is strange about MSNBC not keeping Cenk on the air is that he gave them high ratings, beating both CNN and Fox News in certain demographics. This just shows that corporate propaganda is not all about ratings. Money is not that important to the owners of media companies (they have billions of it already). What they care about most is control and protecting the corrupt political status quo, in which they play an important role.

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it interesting how Fox news introduces George will vs other media personalities. They just say he is a syndicated columnist. and sometimes say he is a fox news contributor.

george Will has been a working for the Washington Post for what 40 years. You know that paper now owned by a partisan right winger. Is there any other writer at the washington post that has been there for 40 years.

Oh George is only syndicated by 450 newspapers. Is he number one or two in the world. Name one liberal syndicated with even close numbers like that.

and he use to be Mr. ABC till he went to Fox.

he is as politically partisan right wing as you can get. gee only 40 years of his right wing partisan writing and TV. Please find some liberal who is as partisan as he is... that gets any amount of media he does. and for 40 plus years.

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Kopple got his big dig with nightline on ABC. I will say he is not as partisan right wing as many but to any right winger I bet they say he was a liberal. Yet he was not. He just was not a overt partisan.

He got his big show in ABC over the Iranian hostage taking. again his entire premises was a counting of the hostages and how many days captive. Hardly a liberal perspective.

And he was best friends and lover of the idiot Henny Kissinger. Again Kissinger is the one that made the Middleeast a powder keg and unstable gas prices in the world. Remember Kissinger backing the Shaw of Iran. This idiot was a hero to Ted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Koppel

as as noted in his interviews Ted was not objective at all over international matters.

Accusations of bias[edit]
Quote:
Koppel was suggested as being a conduit for the government's point of view. In the late 1980s, the progressive media criticism organization Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR) conducted a 40-month study of 865 editions of Nightline and concluded, "On shows about international affairs, U.S. government policymakers and ex-officials dominated the Nightline guest list. American critics of foreign policy were almost invisible." In 1987, Newsweek opined, "The anchor who makes viewers feel that he is challenging the powers that be on their behalf is in fact the quintessential establishment journalist". Koppel responded to this by saying, "We are governed by the president and his cabinet and their people. And they are the ones who are responsible for our foreign policy, and they are the ones I want to talk to".[9]

again this right wing guy has 30 minutes of political partisan time for 35 years on a network.

from wiki again...

Quote:
Following Nightline Koppel has taken on a number of roles which span various formats of news media:
He signed up as an opposite editorial-contributing columnist, effective January 29, 2006, for New York Times.[10]

Last edited by real-human on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 114 of 277

Jump to: