myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

And, no, mac, that's not a racist statement.

No prob dood...we're all pink on the inside.

mac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the hypocrisy of the right. Now NW has become the scold, telling us all:

Quote:
what is it with all the angry, name calling liberals? Holy crap! Anybody can be a jerk, as opposed to an adult, it's so easy, all you have to do is type.
Cool it!!!

The master of temperate language and cool analytical criticism? I think not, with language like this:

Quote:
So it doesn't bother you that BHO continues to go around spiking the death of OBL football, still saying that Al-Qaeda is on their heels, in retreat, and that we are winning the war on terror, when in reality nothing could be further from the truth?
You don't mind being lied to?

Which is different than your stance on the war in A-stan.

This is worse than Watergate, we've got 4 Americans dead this time.

Cover up, liar, liberals are stupid? NW--as long as you engage in ad hominem attacks you have established the nature of the responses you can expect.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I love the hypocrisy of the right. Now NW has become the scold, telling us all:

Quote:
what is it with all the angry, name calling liberals? Holy crap! Anybody can be a jerk, as opposed to an adult, it's so easy, all you have to do is type.
Cool it!!!

The master of temperate language and cool analytical criticism? I think not, with language like this:

Quote:
So it doesn't bother you that BHO continues to go around spiking the death of OBL football, still saying that Al-Qaeda is on their heels, in retreat, and that we are winning the war on terror, when in reality nothing could be further from the truth?
You don't mind being lied to?

Which is different than your stance on the war in A-stan.

This is worse than Watergate, we've got 4 Americans dead this time.

Cover up, liar, liberals are stupid? NW--as long as you engage in ad hominem attacks you have established the nature of the responses you can expect.

mac, mac, mac, you totally missed the point, but I appreciate the research you did though, that's a pretty old post of mine.
The point is between us posters here, personal crap, you know? I don't care what anybody says about somebody not posting here like BHO, tea baggers (to use your favorite term), Pelosi, Bush, who cares, that's not direct stuff. I've never said that you have your head up somebody else's ass for instance, have I?
That's what I'm talking about, no reason for personal crap, that's all I'm saying.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
...but I appreciate the research you did though, that's a pretty old post of mine.

So, lying, deception, distortion, distraction, hypocrisy, and total stupidity are all OK in your book, providing that they're in the past?

BTW........ that would explain why you like Bush so much.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a discussion on the topic rather than personal jabs, but I guess that is about all the libs can do at this time since their ship is sinking and the only thing they can do is grasp for life lines. The trouble is that few are on the other end of the life lines.

The ship is going down!

I don't think many if any conservatives would argue that there are some major issues with our health care system, and that there are elements of the ACA that we all agree are beneficial. Unfortunately, the ACA, in one giant package is/was not the solution. What we predicted is now coming to fruition. It's a house of cards, a pyramid scheme that is dependent on a LOT of people paying for overpriced insurance to cover those in need. The online enrollment debacle is not the issue, it's just a symptom. Maybe Cruz wasn't that much of an idiot after all.

I am just curious how many on the left will stick with the ship as it goes down.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
What we predicted is now coming to fruition.

And "we" includes one of the primary architects of the ACA itself, the Harvard (?) professor who wrote much of the ACA and then desperately warned Obama in writing that the website wasn't even CLOSE to being ready.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better yet, every fix Obama tries to force down the unwilling throats of the public, the congress, and the insurance industry is backfiring, proving his total incompetence to manage anything. For those 200 million or so of us who hate the ACA and believe health care and health insurance should be fixed intelligently, this is a comedy of errors beyond belief recognized even by Obama's most ardent news agency and network supporters up to and including the whole left wing alphabet soup.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
How about a discussion on the topic rather than personal jabs, but I guess that is about all the libs can do at this time since their ship is sinking and the only thing they can do is grasp for life lines. The trouble is that few are on the other end of the life lines.

The ship is going down!

I don't think many if any conservatives would argue that there are some major issues with our health care system, and that there are elements of the ACA that we all agree are beneficial. Unfortunately, the ACA, in one giant package is/was not the solution. What we predicted is now coming to fruition. It's a house of cards, a pyramid scheme that is dependent on a LOT of people paying for overpriced insurance to cover those in need. The online enrollment debacle is not the issue, it's just a symptom. Maybe Cruz wasn't that much of an idiot after all.

I am just curious how many on the left will stick with the ship as it goes down.

I doubt Elon Musk would have given up on Tesla 45 days after it went public. It's hilarious to see the glee in the eyes of the Right as the launch of the ACA goes badly. Techno ...if you research the launch of Medicare, and SS, you'll see they were both debacles at the onset. I am not willing to surrender to Ted Cruz, after 45 days....I think it will take a year or two before we can make an educated assessment of the system after we reach mass appeal.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno,
The conservatives I speak to and those on this board seemed to strongly agree that the ACA had huge problems and no redeeming features of any kind long before they knew anything at all about it.
The part of the Right media that is paid by lobbyists told them to think that way.
Mr Cruz gave a fake filibuster in which he explained the ACA to the Teas while we all slept.
Factcheck said that speech contained 40 false statements about that ACA, so no, he did not get it right at all.
Interesting to note that not one conservative here cares about that stream of lies about the ACA. Only Obama lied on a single statement and that has been elevated to the crime of the century, while waving a flag to celebrate Cruz's honesty and brilliance.

Your reasonable point of view has not been seen in any other post I read here.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GOP did not just predict problems for the ACA, they made them happen as much as possible.
Such predictions are of the type where a guy predicts the sailing won't be good today, and proves it by backing his truck over your rig.

In many states the GOP is making it as difficult as possible and blaming that on Obama too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 124 of 201

Jump to: