myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you would ban a man from a country based on his speech? His radio show is archived going back for years. I dare you to find one paragraph of hate speech from him.

Your proposal is Orwellian.

I suppose the populist notion of Borders, Language, and Culture are hate to you. That is too bad.

The next step is anarchy. Where we have no borders, language, or culture.

Frankly, it was Obama insulting veterans on your clip, not Savage.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
So, you would ban a man from a country based on his speech? His radio show is archived going back for years. I dare you to find one paragraph of hate speech from him.

Your proposal is Orwellian.

I suppose the populist notion of Borders, Language, and Culture are hate to you. That is too bad.

The next step is anarchy. Where we have no borders, language, or culture.

Frankly, it was Obama insulting veterans on your clip, not Savage.

ok lets see, you could not even see tha hate speech in that clip.

and second don't you think it is extraordinary that a civilized country actually banned him from even entering their country. Did that FACTTTTT go right past you. That is a nation banning him for hate speech that you could not even pick up on.

so what does this lover of people call Nancy Pelozi, Diane Fienstien? and so on.

Remember Canada banned Fox from being able to broadcast in Canada. Not because of being fair and balanced , ya think....

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so much for freedom of speech this right wing talker wants to put Sorros in jail for his speaking out.
Savage: If GOP takes over, they should "try [Soros] for crimes against America"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2010/10/11/savage-if-gop-takes-over-they-should-try-soros/171800

Savage proposes tax threshold for voting rights: "No taxey, no votey, does that work for you?"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2010/09/14/savage-proposes-tax-threshold-for-voting-rights/170623

Savage calls HP CEO accuser Jodie Fisher an "old slut," "hag," "cougar" and "dirtbag"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2010/08/10/savage-calls-hp-ceo-accuser-jodie-fisher-an-old/169048

Savage wonders why "so many women" are "so weak-minded" that they listen to NPR

Savage says "the girls have been -- you know, they've been taught to just be jezebels"

On Veterans Day, Savage claims "a lot of girls" join Navy "just to get pregnant because it's a guaranteed passport to an easy life"

Savage: British women are "laying in the gutter with their legs spread open drunk at night. That's the England of today"

Savage says "white race is dying" because "women have become more like guys thanks to the hags in the women's movement"

Savage calls CNN's Roesgen "a self-hating white woman, who couldn't get a job as a hooker"

Savage: U.S. Senate "more vicious and more histrionic than ever, specifically because women have been injected into" it

Savage: Chemical castration may explain MSNBC broadcasters who "may look like men"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2010/08/10/savage-chemical-castration-may-explain-msnbc-br/169013

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of that stuff is purely funny. Other is hyperbole. Some hateful and misogynistic. Does it matter? I hate child molesters. That is hate speech. Should I be banned? NAMBLA fights openly for the right to molest children. Shouldn't they be banned before Savage?

Just look what they did to Lenny Bruce. Once again I ask. You would ban someone for boorish rude or vulgar speech?

That tells me you have crossed the line into fascism. Remember, all the great murdering despots of the twentieth century started by banning speech. Our founding fathers understood this clearly.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Some of that stuff is purely funny. Other is hyperbole. Some hateful and misogynistic. Does it matter?"

Does it matter? I'm amazed that you're asking that question. Savage is a piece of work that shows just how nuts and hateful some folks on the right are. I've watched a few of his radio shows that you've highlighted, so I've heard his kind of nonsense. Frankly, guys like him aren't worth listening to.

Would I ban him? No, but I would hope that most folks see him for the bent and twisted character that he is. Believe me, the Republican party is going nowhere spouting the stuff he's got to say. Would you want him to be a vocal guest at your party? I can readily understand why some folks wouldn't want him around.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage was banned from the UK NOT because we wish to silence freedom of speech, but because we have now become a very mixed multi-cultural society.

He was banned because he would undoubtedly have fanned the flames and stirred up riots, especially amongst the radical Islamic communities who instantly take offense and action against anything which they see as an attack on their religion.

I would point out that many of us (English white) are fed up of the way that radicalism and action (mainly religiously inspired, and mainly Islamic) is taking hold in our country where tolerance of others views was once our trademark.

I don't know what the answer is, but personally I would not have banned him. We fought the last world war to preserve our freedoms which many of us now feel are under attack as never in our history.

That is NOT to say our countrymen think as he (Savage) does, but just an application of the old mantra that - I don't agree with what you say, but will fight for your right to say it!

In our mature society people like him should be listened to, then ridiculed and laughed at! Far mare effective than banning him and making an issue of it. (If only others woulkd do likewise!)
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Context is everything. For instance, in the final clip Baja used, Savage was talking about the herbicide atrazine and it's effect on male hormones. He has also spoken about the effects of PCB's in plastic, and its effect on male sexual organs. Coincidentally joking about the "ladies" on MSNBC.

So you can pull any satire from Savage, misuse it out of context, and make him seem like a Troglodyte. Hardly a reason to ban him from anything but the ladies social club.

HE EXPOSED THE CHEMICAL INDUSTRY/PCB'S AS PART OF HIS SHTICK AND THIS KIND OF LENNY BRUCE HYPERBOLE SHOULD BE BANNED?

His insults may help change the world for the better in some ways. BTW, he's taking over Sean Hannity's drive time slot and being promoted to hundreds of new stations next month.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2009/05/18/savage-says-all-of-these-people-at-msnbc-would/150270

Savage addresses the ban in the above video
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage does this for money.
He chooses his statements to appeal to an angry group of older white people who listen only toTalk which feeds that anger.
If that group of people turn their dials elsewhere, he will begin channeling Rachel Maddox instead of Lester Maddox the next day.
We get the kind of media we demand.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

His insults may help change the world for the better in some ways.

Or, to be fair, his insults may change the world for the worse in some ways.

To be honest, you really have no idea.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pueno, I am so glad that you are now running the Gestapo. Do you have a list of "approved" reading materials for us? Maybe you like Leni Riefenstahl films for Obama propaganda?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 105 of 277

Jump to: