myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intellectually, Dan, I agree. But, I think a lot of people did not believe that the ACA would apply to them. Did the Administration do a good job informing the general public that all aspects of healthcare would be affected? IMO, they did not. Now, this has allowed a foothold for the opponents of Mr. Obama to play on this fear, paranoia, and doubt.

The explanation of the ACA, offered by the Administration, was inadequate and misleading. I have difficulty labeling it a lie; because I understand the political games played during campaigns. Bullet points instead of indepth explanations. But, I can see how others may see deception.

Anyone who understands either big government or big business can intellectually see that the implementation of this large of a program will have its bumps. But, confidence in the direction of the program is necessary to keep on track. IMO, The Administration has done a poor job providing leadership.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Fortunately -- I hope -- this law may be reversed so we can actually FIX our health care and insurance system rather than turning them over to the least competent institution in our nation.

I would love to hear your proposal on how to fix the health care and insurance system. To this date, I have yet to see the Republicans bring a bill up for a vote which purports to fix the health care and insurance system - either before or after the passage of the ACA. It's easy to say you don't like something. It requires effort and commitment to create a viable alternative.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not believe in offering the empty criticism, so common these days, without also offering alternatives.

The ACA should have been implemented with a huge public relations effort that included explanations of how each class of individuals would be affected. In addition, seminars for healthcare providers, and their office staff, should have been provided.

The information on the new quality control standards, record keeping and, even, covered services has been trickling in to providers. This is no way to implement this sort of program. The government has been relying on the middlemen...drug companies, malpractice insurance providers, practice management firms, billing houses, insurance companies etc...to provide details to providers.

I have yet to see a comprehensive document, provided by the government, that identifies these regulations. Providers have to seek out this information or rely on the interpretations offered by these special interests.

If it is this confusing for small provider practices, it is worse for individuals seeking insurance. Rates vary dramatically by zip code. I found out my small town premiums are 50% higher than the rates in Denver. Yet, studies of healthcare costs indicate that claims are less where I live. We are assured this will change once the dust settles. So why jump in now? No wonder that new policies are not being issued.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB--thanks for the thoughtful post. I agree with your criticisms of the administration's roll out. The right would be more effective with criticisms that were constructive and didn't go over the top to, again, label Obama as the "other."
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These comments by Coboard are the kind of useful critique of this program that are very difficult for the Right to make because their media has taught them that fake facts make for much more outrage than mundane truths.

The paid off by lobbyists info is much more popular. The opponents of Ocare, like the Teas, seem eager to trash our country and celebrate each billion in tax money they waste.
They are the greatest danger of the ACA. It caused ordinary Americans to need mental health treatment not covered on their old policy.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
The explanation of the ACA, offered by the Administration, was inadequate and misleading. I have difficulty labeling it a lie; because I understand the political games played during campaigns.

And therein lies solid evidence of ideologically based irrationality. The White House discussed at length in 2010 whether to admit that up to 95M people will lose their insurance, and decided instead that Obama should read 25 or more public statements that anyone who wants to keep their policy and doctor can do so.
"Period."
"End of statement."

Then just this week he lied about those 25+ public statements.

That's not just politics; it's also lying. O'Reilly and you, to neither's credit, refuse to use the L word, for very different reasons.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLD COW DIED

Suddenly, a cow jumps out into the road, the car hits it full on, and the car comes to a stop.

Nancy, in her usual charming manner, says to the
chauffeur, "You get out and check--you were driving."

So the chauffeur gets out, checks, and reports that the animal is dead but it was old.

"You were driving, so you go and tell the farmer," says Nancy.

Two hours later the chauffeur returns totally plastered, hair ruffled with a big grin on his face.

"My God, what happened to you?" asks Nancy.

The chauffeur replies, "When I got there, the farmer opened his best bottle of malt whisky, the wife gave me a wonderful meal and the daughter made love
to me."

"What on earth did you say?" asks Nancy .
"I just knocked on the door and when it opened I said to them, "I'm Nancy Pelosi's chauffeur, and I've just killed the old cow.."
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUsUWFANPS8

Another huge Obama care scandal. Using tax payer money meant for Obama care for political purposes in Texas and other states. Corruption within the Obama admin is rampant.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

Another huge Obama care scandal.

You spelled that wrong, Chicken Little.

It should be, "Another huge Obama Scare scandal."

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, I wonder how long they fished to find something they could use.

I have to wonder why these muckrakers don't go after all the tax accountants and CPAs in the US. Of course, that's got nothing to do with President Obama and their active goal to torpedo his presidency, so it would probably get a pass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 120 of 201

Jump to: