myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Has anyone ever asked if NW, Isobars, Bard recognize that there is a need for change to your current health care system?

I can't answer for the other ones you mentioned, but I've been asked several times, and I've always said "yes".
But it needs to actually improve things, like all the things that Obamacare was supposed to fix. But we were sold a monkey in lingerie that so far accomplishes nothing, and actually seems to make everything worse, cost, choice of doctors, getting everybody insured, none of that is going to happen.
At least I can't see any of that happening, but then again, I don't believe it was ever about healthcare in the first place, as I've said before. This was nothing but a power grab to control about 7% of the economy, which is a very low %'age anyway, because everything would be related to healthcare. And as currently structured, it's also a great (not meant as a positive) way to redistribute the wealth of our citizens, mostly from the middle class to the lower class.
It's totally dependent on healthy young adults to sign up in numbers that could finance this monstrosity, but they can't, it's too expensive and far too many are either unemployed or underemployed, so it's doomed.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
This was nothing but a power grab to control about 7% of the economy
To what end? A bigger ski boat? A car elevator?
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power goes far beyond monitory reward.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you wonder why some of us don't take you seriously:

I
Quote:
've always said "yes".
But it needs to actually improve things, like all the things that Obamacare was supposed to fix. But we were sold a monkey in lingerie that so far accomplishes nothing, and actually seems to make everything worse, cost, choice of doctors, getting everybody insured, none of that is going to happen.
At least I can't see any of that happening, but then again, I don't believe it was ever about healthcare in the first place, as I've said before. This was nothing but a power grab to control about 7% of the economy,

Having been asked several times on the forum what should have been done, and whether or not any Republican legislators were trying to do anything, NW says yes, provides no specifics, and then lapses into a series of paranoid rants about the intentions being a power grab. Dude, check your medication! Or actually tell us something substantive about what should have been done instead. Scary thought, eh? Actually propose something constructive? Maybe one of your talk show hosts can tell you what to say.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Oh...THAT'S what it's all about.....now I understand your position.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW fancies that he is being chased by monitory lizards. Sicced on him by Obama.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Oh...THAT'S what it's all about.....now I understand your position.

Well it's true. There is a certain % (the 1%?) who get a kick out of power. Like the cop who kicks a kids head in because he doesn't like him. Or Castro and Putin who are the ultimate narcissists. Don't you think we have a few Putin's living in America today?

It is my personal opinion that they are in power. Maybe they always will. That is why I'm for smaller govt. The cream and shit always rise to the top.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think "uppity" is the word ya'll are looking for.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question,
Is it possible for some to agree that they actually have "legitimate" concerns about their quality of care, and the costs associated with the new program?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Has anyone ever asked if NW, Isobars, Bard recognize that there is a need for change to your current health care system?

Yes, I have. "Stevenbardcare" and "Boardcare" are not that far apart. But, where we disagree is that I believe "Obamacare" heads in that direction and SB does not.

See, we do not get to choose. The healthcare system has many self interests that have tweaked the law. So, it will never be our fantasy healthcare system.

As far as NW30, I am still trying to understand his position. So far, it seems to be that Obama is doing it wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 118 of 201

Jump to: