myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Troll thread?

My post is poking fun at just how consumed you are by this. You were saying about "serious psychological illness"? Your psychological issue has you so delusional that you think whining about it on a windsurfing forum will change anything. You seem to be making the same point over and over and expecting a different outcome, that's just insanity.

I guess I did give you a different outcome rather then just read it and roll my eyes like most do. I encouraged you to continue, citing examples of alternate purposes for your overly boring topic and posts. It's like I sprinkled a little spice onto your drabness.

You're welcome.
you are classic troll. Still again I welcome posts on the subject but you just can not come out with any points to some how show as the right wing says the media is liberal. You have nothing to substantiate such a lie is not taking place. So what do you do you troll. The classic troll. Just because you do not learn anything from this thread does not mean I do not.

For instance one that was posted by another poster shower a award winning journalist specifically saying what I have been bringing up for years.

Now why does it matter. Well why windsurfing. Well have posted this on right wing forums and they too can not come up with points and as I call it they go "McVeigh" like you. Why on a windsurf forum, well I have found in a generality windsurfers have a higher IQ than most. So why not challenge a few smart people to disprove my hypothesis.

And I will tell you from the other forums I have been in some here have not disappointed me with examples I did learn from, where other ones people did not bring it up.

Now next I do not expect you a Canadian to understand our constitution, we have " freedom of the press" . Aren't you still printing money with a Queen on it? See the US was founded on repealing the trust fund system. It was so important that freedom of press was a fundamental constitutional right. And if all press is actually now controlled by the trust funders whos voices are heard. See in the USA we also have equality that now all people are to be treated equal. If the right wing voice is disproportionately heard that is not equal. See this principle was founded and recognized when we has a law to equalize this called the "fairness doctrine" which was removed by reagan.

Now you appear to be a canadian why are you obsessed with being a troll over american media big lies? Is that why you can not give examples.

and you should see me on electronic vote fraud... I generally just would you trust the outcome of any election if Castro, Putin, Jane Fonda, Michael Moore, made the voting machines, if not why would you expect me to trust the outcome of machines made by partisan right wingers. this just makes the right wingers troll like you do here.

again if you have nothing to add why be a troll. I welcome exchange of information but just do not see what trolls gain.

again show me where your last posts I pointed out were not classic troll posts.

here is another one I just found...
wiki
Quote:
As famously said by journalist A. J. Liebling, "Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one."[4] The individuals, businesses, and organizations that own a means of publication are able to publish information and opinions without government interference, and cannot be compelled by the government to publish information and opinions that they disagree with. For example, the owner of a printing press cannot be required to print advertisements for a political opponent, even if the printer normally accepts commercial printing jobs.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
reinerehlers wrote:
I...just read it and roll my eyes like most do.

Cool!! We got God, Santa Claus, or some other omniscient being on the forum - He knows what most people do.
I just wish this "being" could give me facts or examples at some point.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.R. may have some crackpot ideas in his head, but he's not open to left wing propaganda.

That's what he keeps exasperatedly yelling at you, not trolling, but it gives you a severe bout of indigestion, and you won't accept it!

Perhaps he should be sent to a correction centre, for daring to have a mind of his own!
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
R.R. may have some crackpot ideas in his head, but he's not open to left wing propaganda.

That's what he keeps exasperatedly yelling at you, not trolling, but it gives you a severe bout of indigestion, and you won't accept it!

Perhaps he should be sent to a correction centre, for daring to have a mind of his own!

wow can you tell me what example to this debate he has brought in his posts i labeled as trolling... , again attacking the poster is not on topic. That is defined as trolling. So please do me a favor and point out what he has brought to the debate.

mcVeigh had a mind of his own too. it is the ability to debate civilly vs being a thread terrorist/troll.

BTWi grew up dealing with haters like this, my father was president of the human righs council in my town and helped one of his co-workers at a National Lab move into our area. The family was the first Black family to move into our town. Troll right wingers would call our home at all hours with death threats. The police had to be parked across the street for out protection. Many of the kids in the area were told not to even talk to our family because we n loving people. Hey they got that right.... I do love blacks... So you see this troll is no different than that type of person back then when I was a kid. I have seen the hate of the right wing..

And yes I am very proud of my father for not backing down to the right wing haters. That was one of his obsessions too. He also spent his life working to eliminate nuclear weapons. He was an officer with a undergrad in Journalism, masters in engineering and PhD in nuclear physics. And what an obsession that was, he was not liked by the military at all, they removed him. But he continued his fight with the right wing military his entire life.

BTW when the russian wall fell because of Carter, but under reagan because the russians did not trust the US military my father and his group were the only ones the russians trusted to work ethically on disarmament initially My fathers obsession.. well he tried to keep the morons from building 10s of thousands of nukes. As it has cost us so much money. He tried and was kicked out for having such a position. Hey russians even gave him a award of a piece of the first nukes dismantled on a plaque.
So you can see I have seen the crying game of right wing liars all my life.

isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
If the McClatchy group runs its operation out of Sacramento and has 13 California papers, how do they survive in a far left state? Most seem small and maybe just cater to the select conservative few in the state?

Umm ... McClatchey newspapers are widely known to be very left-leaning. I read one every day 'cause it's all we got locally, and have complained many times to the editors when their far left headlines have almost nothing to do with the stories that follow.

Slightly far-fetched example follows:
"Hillary Only Viable Candidate for 2016".
It was revealed today by a source who wishes to remain anonymous that the national debt has tripled since Richie Incognito got Lewinskied after firing 5,000 rounds from his speargun in a posh Detroit mosque while high on a 64-oz Big Gulp.

The editor admits that he and his staff write the headlines, and makes no apologies about their irrelevance to the underlying news story. The previous editor printed Op-Ed letters from both sides; the current one prints almost exclusively left-leaning Letters to the Editor. Maybe some CA McClatchey paper editor leans the other way so their corporate ship doesn't roll over onto its overloaded port side.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.R. brought to the debate the point that the LEFT, in his country have foisted on schools the non-competitive ethos. i.e. if you have winners, you have loosers, and the less able will suffer a loss of esteem.

The same liberal thinking took root in our educational system to the extent of abolishing streaming by ability in core discipline subjects, and even introduced in many schools, non-competitive sports days for the younger junior school children.

A report just published shows that since the 1960's standards have declined so far that the older generations are now more skilled in the core discipline subjects than the 20 to 30 year olds. This, is unique!

The non-competitive (prizes for all as R.R. put it) ethos has been 'pushed' only by the left, never the right. So who are you claiming controls our thinking?
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
R.R. brought to the debate the point that the LEFT, in his country have foisted on schools the non-competitive ethos. i.e. if you have winners, you have loosers, and the less able will suffer a loss of esteem.

The same liberal thinking took root in our educational system to the extent of abolishing streaming by ability in core discipline subjects, and even introduced in many schools, non-competitive sports days for the younger junior school children.

A report just published shows that since the 1960's standards have declined so far that the older generations are now more skilled in the core discipline subjects than the 20 to 30 year olds. This, is unique!

The non-competitive (prizes for all as R.R. put it) ethos has been 'pushed' only by the left, never the right. So who are you claiming controls our thinking?
that my friend would be another thread, that has nothing to do with the BIG Lie the media is liberal in the USA............ Can you give me the link to where that was in this thread.

Ronald reagun was the one who destroyed the California system with his hate of education. California schools in the 60s were rated in the tops. And if you went to college university it was so affordable. Reagun killed that with his hate of government, why should government fund schools is the right wing mantra.

I quote a founding father which I believe is to my point also to ownership of the media.
Quote:

"The tax which will be paid for education is not more than the thousandth part of what will be paid to kings, priests and nobles who will rise up if we leave the people to ignorance."

Last edited by real-human on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another pertinent founders quote

Quote:
"Where the press is free and every man able to read, all is safe."

mac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT--I'm disappointed, you usually rise above putting words in other people's mouths to then disparage. You can fairly blame the left for the efforts to encourage self-esteem--something that I think is a good idea, but hardly all that matters in education. As for competition--since I race windsurfers, and I have for about twenty years, I know exactly where I stand in the hierarchy. All governmental institutions must hire from the most qualified few candidates, so competition and merit is deeply embedded in the society.

As for the new Core Curriculum, which I have been teaching now for two and a half months, for math it is just terrific. The new curriculum is much more difficult than math was when I was in the fourth grade, much better thought through, and, as is typical of the left in my knowledge, backed by research. It has essentially mainstreamed most of what I had been teaching to the gifted kids for the last six years. Reading and writing in California are also taught at a much higher level than you think, and the levels when I was young. I really learned to read in second grade--when it is easier to learn because you are more developmentally ready. In the second month of my first grade class I have 4 kids that are reading at third grade level and above. Every kid in the class knows who is reading above them in levels, and except for the emotional basket cases, wants to catch up. So give me a break about how school has been dumbed down--it is not true.

It is true that schools are no longer tracked, and I had the benefit of being in a tracked educational program in junior high school. There are pluses and minuses to ending tracking. It does mean that some of the high achievers don't get challenged as much in class--but those challenges come from their parents and supplementary material. I try to teach each kid I work with at a level that matches their capacity--but that is one of the things that a volunteer can do. It is true that maintstreaming kids with learning difficulties can make it more difficult to teach, especially if the kid acts out. And the dilemma is that you really can't toss a disruptive kid out because then they fall further behind. But most of those kids have serious emotional issues, and come from places that aren't safe. It is thus important that school be a safe place for them, and the presence of kids with disabilities--and kids recognize emotional problems as disabilities--teaches the other kids empathy. Something never taught, it seems, to much of the right wingers here. It is better than abandoning the hard to teach, which is what tracking did in my youth.

As for isobars and his latest nonsense about media. Mike, calm down. Fox will soon tell you what to believe, and you won't have to think about it. You can believe, without the benefit of any evidence, that Fox is fair and balanced and Lord Monckton has something meaningful to say about global warming. We will not put you in an asylum for believing crazy things--because we learned empathy. There there, do you feel better now?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BajaDean,
Take a look at the bottom of page 97. Read it carefully. I agreed with you. I also agree that windsurfers tend to be pretty bright people. Some are so bright as to not waste their time thinking they are making a change about their causes on a windsurfing forum. Some are bright enough to recognize that if someone has a difference of opinion from their own that it doesn't mean they are "haters" or "racists". I think it would be brighter to start a thread about how we can stop child hunger by providing them with Haloween candy, and then beat everyone over the head with it endlessly. Maybe you should be proactive like your father, and not at arms length but by actually rolling up your sleaves and doing something other than whining on here.
Mac,
Thanks for giving me the biggest laugh of the day. I shot my drink out of my nose at lunch when you refered to me as forum scold. If I could master your techniqes then perhaps I could lay claim, but until I can stoop so low to suggest that someone is a racist and thinks of Obama as some "N" because they don't agree with some of his policies, I will let you hold that position. AND regarding Obamacare and your comments there. I actually summarized the way I viewed that but....to recap. I agree with the need ( I can't speak for NW, SB, or Iso's positions), but my head is not so stuck up my politics that I can't understand their concern regarding the change to the quality of care, and I can see the screw ups and that the plan is flawed in many ways. I actually hope Obamacare works because going bankrupt due to medical bills is criminal.FYI, I happen to think Obama is doing the best he can given the circumstances and he is most certainly doing better the DubYa.
In the future, read my posts like it's Daniel Tosh speaking......"drenched in sarcasm" .....as my friend's text said today refering to the forums, "they don't get your sense of humour, they think you're serious. I know better."
FYI: Careful! GT has a rusty pitch fork and he's not afraid to use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 101 of 277

Jump to: