myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The repubs loathing of Obama is almost identical to the libs loathing of Bush...it's just human behavior."

You know boggsman, I have to respectfully disagree. Now, I would agree that most of us on our side of the issue may feel strongly opposed to positions of the other side of the spectrum. But these days, there's such an enormous degree of hate towards President Obama, and it's totally off the map. Frankly, it's beyond unrealistic, and much of it is attributable to a whole range of right wing media sources. Everything is being twisted to extremes, and the conclusions are often so far from the truth.

Just look at Bard's list. The idea that Obama is at the very forefront of the NSA concerting broad based spying activities of everyone under the sun is totally ridiculous. We all have to remember who the folks were that championed giving the NSA the powers and the direction that we have today. Once something like that gets rolling uncover, it's practically impossible to pull the cord on every aspect of what's going on. If we wanted things to change, its got to come out of Congress.

I can't believe that folks are foaming at the mouth about Obama deliberately lying to folks about keeping their health plan and doctors. What a bunch of contrived crap designed by wingnuts to fool stupid people. For those of us that have had health insurance over the years, we all know that things can change significantly year to year, including major issues like the companies involved and the price of the premiums. It doesn't surprise me that some past insurance policies offered by private companies wouldn't meet the minimum standards required by the ACA. In hindsight, perhaps Obama should have said that folks with good comprehensive insurance coverage would be able to keep their plan. Of course, we have to remember that the ACA is dependent on use of private insurance companies, and that the government can't dictate everything under the sun. Moreover, its the insurance companies that determine which doctors are covered under the plan and considered in-network. Also, it is important to recognize that state governments have a lot to do with what insurance companies can do in their states and how much they can charge for their products. The fact that the ACA now requires uniform standards and regulations that insurance companies must adhere to protects all of us that buy their products, regardless of which state you live in.

Looking again at Bard's list, I could go on and on spreading a bit of light on things. Under the light of day, many of the nonsensical news stories being spread by questionable sources fall apart. That's not to say that sound criticism can't be raised and considered, but all this nonsense about President Obama deliberately lying and deceiving the nation is nothing but pure BS. I challenge our friends here on the right to raise the caliber of debate and abandon the stupid nonsense.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Whatever".

Sebelius's response when asked whether Obama is ultimately responsible for the launch of the gateway to [his only achievement,] the ACA website.

That's as bad as Hillary's "WHAT DOES IT MATTER?".
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
"Whatever".

Sebelius's response when asked whether Obama is ultimately responsible for the launch of the gateway to [his only achievement,] the ACA website.

That's as bad as Hillary's "WHAT DOES IT MATTER?".

Just another example of the world according to Iso.

Why not quote the entire response?

“Whatever, yes — he is the president, he is responsible for government programs,”

Quite disingenuous Dood.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of Drudges best headlines yet...Just read them and ask, is any of this true.....If I were Towelie on crack, even I'd believe a few of them. (hey I love Towelie!)

Insurers Oppose Obamacare Extension as Danger to Profits...
POLL: 70% of voters want delay...
Congressman compares Obamacare to 'wonderful' Wizard of Oz...
Paralyzed firefighter kicked off insurance...
PAPER: Promises return to haunt...
BAKER: President Bystander...
UK top court: OK for hospital to stop treatment...
WEBSITE CRASHES AS SEBELIUS SPEAKS...
SEBELIUS: 'Website has never crashed'...
Refuses to join Obamacare...
HOT MIC: 'Don't do this to me'...
MAG: Why president will not fire her...

THE MOST HATED WOMAN IN AMERICA

Ted Cruz to Appear on 'TONIGHT SHOW'...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FED KEEPS PUMPING...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Putin topples Obama in FORBES power ranking...
McAuliffe poll shock: Dem up by only 4 points in VA gov race...
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
techno900 wrote:
The major networks are now using the word "lied" regarding the Obama promise that you can keep your current insurance. TV last night.

Kathleen Sebilious is schooling the blood hungry Rethugs questioning her this morning.
The better argument would be the ineptitude of the Administration lately, that would be something worth engaging on.

Who is schooling who again?
This vid serves two purposes, your schooling contention, and ineptitude.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqxRaUofGuQ

For those too lazy to click, it's about the website's security.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the fanfare, what are Republicans in Congress doing? Are they really accomplishing anything? Are Republican leaders working overtime governing for the American people? All I really see is a lot of flagrant obstruction on any meaningful legislative work and a number of House committees trying to create theater with a partisan inquisition of the Obama Administration.
summertime

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebelius and many Congresspersons flat out lied today. The Dems and Kathleen kept saying that the people losing their old plans would have more choices, better choices, better insurance for cheaper costs...all lies for people that actually pay for their insurance. Here's some facts: I have only found 2 insurance companies that have individual health care plans for California residents (Blue Cross and Kaiser). There may a 3rd (Cigna) but at this point they have no information about 2014. That is not a lot of choices (lie). Kathleen went on to say the new plans would often be cheaper and have better coverage- lie- facts: my insurance goes up from 350 to 500 a yr. with the deductible going up from 2700 to 4500, and max out of pocket from 5250 to 6350. co- pay for office visit goes up from 30 dollars to 40 PERCENT after deductible, everything else from 30 percent to 40 percent (labs,hospital, ER, Rx..) Every aspect of the plan is worse and cost more- and that's the cheapest avail. plan for Kaiser. The numbers don't lie. Nothing about individual payer plans in California is better- it is all worse. It's been interesting to see Democrats lie about facts- I use to think the Republicans were the masters of skewing the truth. Turns out the democrats sound exactly the same- spouting lies demonstratively in affirmatives.. Just wait 'till insurance companies raise costs for large groups and employers pass on the costs to the employees- support for ACA will crumble- and I doubt that time is very far off. In Oregon they have some other weird thing where everyone has to sign a statement saying they will purchase pediatric dental care whether they have kids or not when they buy an individual plan. That's because the insurance companies don't have pediatric dental care to bundle into the plans but Obamacare says all plans must pay include free pediatric dental care. Thus- whether you have kids or not- you have to buy it separately! Crazy!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see someone who is not in love with the Republicans speak up with the truth! I'm not a big fan of either party.

Today I heard that you shouldn't bother going to Cedars Sinai with Obamacare. The premier hospitals won't see you because none of their doctors accept the Obama plans. Sure you can go to the lesser hospitals. And even more horrible, if you go to Cedars, and use their services, you will no longer be eligible for the Obama tax credits. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

For those of you who are not lucky, this sucks. You will be heaped with the dregs, begging for care at the butcher clinics. I seem to be in one of the rare individual plans that is "Grandfathered". I hope so. For the rest of you, good luck and God Bless.

PS, small business formation is at a multi year low. The rich are getting richer under Obama but the little guy is again getting the shaft.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, you're right, I do kinda love the guy. I think he's doing the best he can while swimming upstream through a current of ignorance, greed, racism, and unthinking negativity. He's cursed with all of our shared weaknesses...ego, competitiveness etc. but I really believe he has our best interests at heart. Major slack given.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
The rich are getting richer under Obama but the little guy is again getting the shaft.

If that's really true, then Mitt and the right must LOVE Obama.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 101 of 201

Jump to: