myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rr you are so funny with you reasoning. Your conclusions do not seem to follow any thought through reasoning.

just one example; Of the top 50 richest right wingers how many are trust fund partisan haters?

IE it was sugar daddy or sugar grand daddys money. Hmm lets see the walmarts have more money than some 40 percent of all americans. It was sugar daddy that made the money. The hunt brothers and sister, gee it was sugar daddy, the Koch brothers and siblings, it was daddys money. Olin it was grand daddys money.

And yes liberals of course in a general case are not in the so called corporate area to make themselves rich, school teachers almost never get rich. Does that mean their voice is not as important as a trust fund kids.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Proof of what:
CBC costs tax payers $1.1 billion for horrible programming? (google it, there's a ton of it out there) but in an effort to save you precious key strokes, try this: http://cbcexposed.blogspot.ca/

Liberals make horrible business leaders? (see Dean's quote)

BajaDean has a chip on his shoulder? (see 97 pages of thread especially condescending BS directed at KC)

Nothing has changed? (see 97 pages of thread)

Dilussional crusty old farts pissing and moaning on "windsurf" forum make little to no change? (under your posts there is a button marked "profile" start reading all of your posts then ask question above)

would you stop your whining and actually back up a point with facts, my gosh what a sore loser you are. Just because I can back up my point with actual examples and you have none. Yet the idiot right wing claims the so called media is liberal (a Big LIE) and you can not back up their so called claim to propaganda is telling.

Yep KC and I do not see eye to eye big deal, yep he is the fist liberal on a forum my life I have not seen eye to eye with on this subject, he is not losing any sleep over it. I think we can both live with it. Now you, well you are just such a cry baby here who can not back up his argument is the issue. I hit the media issue with so many directions and angles and as we see you on the right have just whining because you can not back up your argument.

Did you know there is another great example about whinny right wingers and media connection with Canada involved. There was a a study of nursery school kids done many years ago to study their profiles. They followed up on these kids when they were adults. They found that the whiny cry baby insecure kids grew up to be right wingers. ya think.... And again if I owned the media I would put that research front page of the paper every time the right wing acts like spoiled cry babies, IE every week. But the Canadian link is that is the only paper in the world willing to publish that research initially. And i do not think you could find it in but less than a handful of other papers.

BTW I have learned a few great points made by other liberals on this thread, while you may not like exchanging of ideas and learning, well just go troll elsewhere is my advice. No-one forces you to read or participate.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:
r Of the top 50 richest right wingers how many are trust fund partisan haters?

IE it was sugar daddy or sugar grand daddys money. Hmm lets see the walmarts have more money than some 40 percent of all americans. It was sugar daddy that made the money. The hunt brothers and sister, gee it was sugar daddy, the Koch brothers and siblings, it was daddys money. Olin it was grand daddys money.

What's the point you're trying to make? Is it that conservatives raise their children with a mind set to carry on the success of their parents? If so, I agree. Are you looking down on them because they carried on their parent's legacy? What do you think is more difficult to get them to carry on the huge business with huge social and economic benefits, or to just resolve to let them grow up as spoiled self centered trustafarian? OR was your point that you are jealous, covetous, or just plain envious of their wealth and you THINK you know what they should be doing with their wealth better than they do.? If so, go out and try and get yourself some. It's not that easy. I know the liberal whiner creed will not teach you that the second you strike it rich you will "make it rain" on EVERYONE. Teach a man to fish, perhaps? Do you turn blind eye to the charity of these types too?

bajaDean wrote:
And yes liberals of course in a general case are not in the so called corporate area to make themselves rich, school teachers almost never get rich. Does that mean their voice is not as important as a trust fund kids.

Talk about lack of reasoning. If teachers choose to be teachers that is their prerogative. Never get rich? According to who and what scale? 3 months off every summer, awesome benefit plans, union enforced pay, early retirement! That's like winning the lottery in my books. Interesting choice of profession though. The liberal ideology of wealth attainment is to force it out of people via the likes of unions. I think most of the wealthy people, and yes even those dreaded people on your "sugar daddy" list, worked for it and usually harder than most will ever know. Did I say their voice was not as important? No.

bajaDean wrote:

would you stop your whining and actually backed up a point with facts, my gosh what a sore loser you are. Just because I can back up my point with actual examples and you have none. Yet the idiot right wing claims the so called media is liberal (a Big LIE) and you can not back up their so called claim to propaganda is telling.

Talk about whining? You spent 97 pages doing so. You most definitely have back that point up substantially. This "idiot" right winger didn't say THE media was liberal. I actually admitted you were right (see Mac's comments).I did cite the example of the CBC here in Canada as having a proven Liberal bias and sucking taxpayers dry. Go back read my comments, use your superior reasoning skills, and read what I posted.

bajaDean wrote:
Did you know there is another great example about whinny right wingers and media connection with Canada involved. There was a a study of nursery school kids done many years ago to study their profiles. They followed up on these kids when they were adults. They found that the whiny cry baby insecure kids grew up to be right wingers. ya think.... And again if I owned the media I would put that research front page of the paper every time the right wing acts like spoiled cry babies, IE every week. But the Canadian link is that is the only paper in the world willing to publish that research initially. And i do not think you could find it in but less than a handful of other papers.
Is that your reasoning? It would seem your every thought is consumed by how bad conservatives are. That's not reasoning, that's prejudice! Would you have conservatives sit at the back of the bus? It would be very expensive to live in your perfect world, but guys like me would do well retrofitting all those establishments with the segregated washrooms. Is that YOUR economic stimulus plan? I might actually feel inclined to pay homage to the government for that. Kind of like the homage you paid to the Bush admin when your invention didn't quite go the way you had hoped. Whiner says, "what?" Yes, all things are in the hands of the government, right? Nothing depends on one self or market demands, right? So so sad the defeatist mantra.

bajaDean wrote:
BTW I have learned a few great points made by other liberals on this thread, while you may not like exchanging of ideas and learning, well just go troll elsewhere is my advice. No-one forces you to read or participate.
Great point! I believe Howard Stern used to always say on his show, "if you don't like it, don't listen, and change the channel." Don't like the "conservative media"? Good, don't buy it. You choose to whine about it instead? In the process you denigrate KC with your condescending remarks to address his seemingly unbiased and balanced comments reflecting a different viewpoint. I'm sure he isn't loosing sleep over it. He more than likely mentally fluffed you off and filed your comments in his mental file labelled "BS".
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Great point! I believe Howard Stern used to always say on his show, "if you don't like it, don't listen, and change the channel." Don't like the "conservative media"? Good, don't buy it. You choose to whine about it instead?

But aren't you doing precisely the same thing? Complaining endlessly about others' liberal points of view?

(A bit of "Do as I say, not as I do.")

Anyway... just an idle observation, not a snivel. I enjoy your sideshow.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this has been covered, but under the assumption that the major media is owned by conservatives, does the owner's political views mandate how the editors/managers run their outlets?

Who has control of what hits the streets? Certainly the owners could, but do they?

I live in North Carolina now and the Raleigh News and Observer clearly has a liberal bias based upon their editorials, letters to the editor and other "views" from syndicated writers. Not 100%, but clearly not conservative. It's owned by the McClatchy Company, second largest newspaper company in the US, which runs 32 daily papers and is based in Sacramento CA. What I don't know is if the owner(s) are liberal or conservative. I looked but couldn't find anything.

Based on all the "facts" posted by bajaDean, one must assume that McClatchy must be a conservative corporation, but their Raleigh paper is not. What gives?
mac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno--the McClatchy newspaper group is conservative. But the old style--you know, the one that folks in North Carolina call RINO's. You really have to get out of the south to get a little perspective.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this proves that conservative media owners don't control opinions from their various outlets. The majority of the editorials and opinions in the Observer are clearly left, not middle of the road.

While I am in the south, anyone from California with liberal views might as well be in the middle of the Pacific they are so far left.

Bottom line - conservative owners don't necessarily run conservative papers or other media outlets, they can be liberal regardless of the owner's politics.

If the McClatchy group runs its operation out of Sacramento and has 13 California papers, how do they survive in a far left state? Most seem small and maybe just cater to the select conservative few in the state?

Atwater Signal
Cambrian
Chowchilla News
Clovis Independent
Fresno Bee
Fresno Vida en el Valle
Los Banos Enterprise
Merced Sun-Star
Modesto Bee
Nuevo Mundo
Sacramento Bee
San Luis Obispo Tribune
Sierra Star
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the most part, all of the cities listed are quite conservative. The inland areas of Cali are very very conservative.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
bajaDean wrote:
r Of the top 50 richest right wingers how many are trust fund partisan haters?

What's the point you're trying to make? Is it that conservatives raise their children with a mind set to carry on the success of their parents? If so, I agree. Are you looking down on them because they carried on their parent's legacy? What do you think is more difficult to get them to carry on the huge business with huge social and economic benefits, or to just resolve to let them grow up as spoiled self centered trustafarian? OR was your point that you are jealous, covetous, or just plain envious of their wealth and you THINK you know what they should be doing with their wealth better than they do.? If so, go out and try and get yourself some. It's not that easy. I know the liberal whiner creed will not teach you that the second you strike it rich you will "make it rain" on EVERYONE. Teach a man to fish, perhaps? Do you turn blind eye to the charity of these types too?

bajaDean wrote:

Talk about lack of reasoning. If teachers choose to be teachers that is their prerogative. Never get rich? According to who and what scale? 3 months off every summer, awesome benefit plans, union enforced pay, early retirement! That's like winning the lottery in my books. Interesting choice of profession though. The liberal ideology of wealth attainment is to force it out of people via the likes of unions. I think most of the wealthy people, and yes even those dreaded people on your "sugar daddy" list, worked for it and usually harder than most will ever know. Did I say their voice was not as important? No.

bajaDean wrote:

would you stop your whining and actually backed up a point with facts, my gosh what a sore loser you are. Just because I can back up my point with actual examples and you have none. Yet the idiot right wing claims the so called media is liberal (a Big LIE) and you can not back up their so called claim to propaganda is telling.

Talk about whining? You spent 97 pages doing so. You most definitely have back that point up substantially. This "idiot" right winger didn't say THE media was liberal. I actually admitted you were right (see Mac's comments).I did cite the example of the CBC here in Canada as having a proven Liberal bias and sucking taxpayers dry. Go back read my comments, use your superior reasoning skills, and read what I posted.

bajaDean wrote:
Is that your reasoning? It would seem your every thought is consumed by how bad conservatives are. That's not reasoning, that's prejudice! Would you have conservatives sit at the back of the bus? It would be very expensive to live in your perfect world, but guys like me would do well retrofitting all those establishments with the segregated washrooms. Is that YOUR economic stimulus plan? I might actually feel inclined to pay homage to the government for that. Kind of like the homage you paid to the Bush admin when your invention didn't quite go the way you had hoped. Whiner says, "what?" Yes, all things are in the hands of the government, right? Nothing depends on one self or market demands, right? So so sad the defeatist mantra.

bajaDean wrote:
Great point! I believe Howard Stern used to always say on his show, "if you don't like it, don't listen, and change the channel." Don't like the "conservative media"? Good, don't buy it. You choose to whine about it instead? In the process you denigrate KC with your condescending remarks to address his seemingly unbiased and balanced comments reflecting a different viewpoint. I'm sure he isn't loosing sleep over it. He more than likely mentally fluffed you off and filed your comments in his mental file labelled "BS".

Perhaps you should listen to yourself: "Hmmmmmmm, you ever wonder how much better this world would be if we all had less to say? Myself included..." This was one of your comments in the Iso "interview" thread.

Maybe you are one of those "do as I say, not as I do" folks.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, you know boggsman is spot on about California's inland areas as being extremely conservative. Also, regarding conservative owners controlling opinion, you should spend some time reviewing Wendy McCaw's antics in her actions with the Santa Barbara News Press.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Barbara_News-Press_controversy

While I've always considered the News Press to be a conservative oriented paper, it's now far more extreme in its opinion. I don't waste my time reading the News Press' editorial and opinion pages because of the lack of quality unbiased journalism. On the few occasions where I have, I've been very disappointed with their choice of commentators and the themes being written about. When it comes to their election endorsements, no one supported represents my vision or core goals. It's too bad, because outside of politics, the local news and social event coverage isn't half bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 99 of 277

Jump to: