myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of lies.................
Quote:
Yet President Obama, who had promised in 2009, “if you like your health plan, you will be able to keep your health plan,” was still saying in 2012, “If [you] already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance.”

Quote:
Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21213547-obama-admin-knew-millions-could-not-keep-their-health-insurance?lite
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to ask the guys at the garbage dump how they could stand the smell there. They would in jest reply, "what smell?"
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Speaking of lies.................
Quote:
Yet President Obama, who had promised in 2009, “if you like your health plan, you will be able to keep your health plan,” was still saying in 2012, “If [you] already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance.”

Quote:
Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21213547-obama-admin-knew-millions-could-not-keep-their-health-insurance?lite

There is a big difference between a lie and a promise. A promise has good intentions...like I promise to meet you in the Gorge next Summer.
A lie is statement with the intent to deceive...like ...the check is in the mail(knowing full well it is not).
In this case, President Obama really thought a certain outcome would transpire, it did not. It's kind of like our troops getting greeted as liberators in the streets of Baghdad. Politicians promise a lot, its up to Americans with two or three brain cells to figure things out for themselves.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Obama believed the assurances of the insurance industry?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the way I see it:

There is an obvious need.

The government made a proposal.

Some are concerned reduced level of care and options and at what cost.

The funding of the proposal is not good.

Some will blindly accept a proposal in the hope that it will work out good.

Some view that as blind faith in a system that has proven itself as ineffective and unaccountable on numerous occasions.

I see both sides of this argument, but I can still see the "obvious need".

The "need" has been turn into the preverbial disrespectul USA style political pissing match.

Nobody wins due to politics!

Everyone is talking but nobody hears.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love the pretzel logic going on here with you lefties

BHO lied, and he knew he was lying.
The only promise he made was to his Obamacare staff, that being that he would lie to the public, which he did.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggs, spin it as you wish, but since the ACA requires all new ACA policies to include additional coverage that most current policies do not have, there is no way for millions to keep what they currently have. They are now finding out that the required additional coverage plus the bump in cost to pay for all those getting government supplements, make most if not all new ACA policies go up significantly in price.

Do you really believe that Obama didn't know this? I guess if you buy all the "I didn't know" BS coming from the White House, then maybe you are just that gullible, and will stick with the "promise, not a lie" theory.

And for those "grandfathered" in, it just isn't so. They too will be shopping on line, but maybe not for a while.

Mark my words, the ACA will go down as one of the biggest presidential debacles ever in US history.
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From and article on MSNBC: http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/29/21222195-obama-administration-knew-millions-could-not-keep-their-health-insurance?lite

..."None of this should come as a shock to the Obama administration. The law states that policies in effect as of March 23, 2010 will be “grandfathered,” meaning consumers can keep those policies even though they don’t meet requirements of the new health care law. But the Department of Health and Human Services then wrote regulations that narrowed that provision, by saying that if any part of a policy was significantly changed since that date -- the deductible, co-pay, or benefits, for example -- the policy would not be grandfathered"

oh shit... Rolling Eyes
feuser

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with ISO is that he skews the premise of the conversation, and to his detriment, his own thinking.

No, he has not called me - personally to my face - scum, although he does hurl that insult at everyone in his kill file (of which I am a proud citizen) here http://tinyurl.com/o7wvqhr

His true downfall - and what makes any discussion with him nearly impossible - arises out of his compulsion to separate the world around him into two classes of people: the deserving and the undeserving.

He then automatically assumes that everyone who disagrees with him does the same, and, in addition, lumps him in with the undeserving crowd. Not only him, but all military personnel and civic heroes alike, in who's company Iso naturally sees himself.

No-one here has ever made the claims that Iso decries in the above linked post, nor represents any of the positions Iso crusades against. How can one be so angry at a fictional opponent?

I think it just might be a pre-existing condition.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno...the individual market turns over 33% every year....so since the ACA passed, the entire market has rolled once. Why would one keep a plan, that they dont even have the choice of keeping...given the nature of the market for the non- corporate covered insured? The original promise from president primarily referred to people like me at large companies. I'm not gullible Mr Techno, I look at all sides of a discussion...you should try it sometimes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 98 of 201

Jump to: