myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges on 10-20-2013 Reply with quote

Sailed Natural Bridges on my Naish Titan and Ezzy 7.0. Four windsurfers out total. Fun day. Nice late season catch.
gerritt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: TI - 10/20/13 Reply with quote

We had to circumnavigate around the Treasure Island Music Festival to get to Avenue H, but it didn't stop us from getting a sesh. Wind was sold 20-24 from 2-6:00. I was very powered on my 5.7 and 94 liters. Lots of boat wakes to play on and lots of smiling faces, both on the water and in the parking lot. With the music carried along over us by the wind, we knew we were in the right spot.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Stick - 10/21/13 Reply with quote

More tranquil Stick: powered 6.0 for a couple of hours. Lot's of people out. Tomorrow is time to bring out the Isonic 111 and the 7.3. Wink
windward1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 10-21-2013 Reply with quote

I was the only one out today and after rigging my Ezzy 5.8 and going with that and my 91 L JP FSW to the beach, I found it very light near shore and difficult to judge if it was stronger farther out. Having to be my own 'wind dummy' I went back and got my Angulo SUP G'ud and put the rig on it and launched.
I found the wind was plenty strong to plane with the JP just out a ways. So I took the Angulo back to shore and switched the rig to the JP. Had to swim out a bit to the wind, but it was good when I got there. Sailed that combo for the rest of the session.
So wind was fine, but the swell left a lot to be desired. It was few and far between at 'Bridges and not very big. I was hoping it was going to be this rolling in swell after swell like I had experienced there in the Spring. 'Twas not the case.
veterduet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Pleasant late season surprise - Berkeley Reply with quote

Since I wasn't misled by the "Daily Briefing" I trusted my instincts and got out at 2:30 on my 6.0 and had a nice one and a half hour session.

Daily briefing for tomorrow: check the real time wind, then go for it! Time is running out.
Maverick73

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time is running out for those who get stuck in bay area in winter. Season is just starting in Baja. Time to pack.
gerritt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Third Ave. 10/21/13 Reply with quote

Time is NOT running out. The season never ends. It just changes. As far as yesterday, I sailed from 4-6:30. The first hour was marginal, but able to plane on 5.7 and 94 liters inside where it was windier, the water was flat, and the runs were fast. The ebb helped. Around 5:00 it came up and the channel was choppy, but rocking and started to roll around 5:30. Just a few of us old time windsurf types out. Kites were loving it too on their biggest gear.

BTW: Is there any way to do a daily narrative weather forecast for the Bay Area? It blows at the coast, TI, HMB on storms, the Delta on Norths, and sometimes the Peninsula from Now through March. Even the "Off Season" months offer up 3-5 days of over 15 mph. The big problem is seeing it coming. Iwindsurf can still help! Mike, its only been a day, and I miss you already! Come on guys, a forecast a day and the extended is all we need.
prevett

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerritt - For offseason forecasting, I have had fairly good results using the computerized forecast tables provided by IWindsurf. The longer range models are good for general synoptic conditions, and the WRAMS models are good for the current day and next day.
veterduet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Time waits for no one...even in Berkeley Reply with quote

If you don't think time is running out, wait till you're my age!

Another fine day at Berkeley. One more tomorrow would be nice. "Bog troitsu lyubit" as we Russians like to say. It has something to do with the Holy Trinity and is usually quoted to justify a third round of vodka shots.
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: More stick Reply with quote

Very good day at Stick. Very Happy Steady wind. Quite a lot of people out, some new faces and the usual crowd. Happily planing with 4.7-5.0. I (and Fred) stick it out with the 6.0 that was still manageable. Still going strong at 5:30 when I left. Very nice end of October!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 27 of 329

Jump to: