myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW

You are pretty quick to call this a failure. The exchanges are barely up and running so we have no idea how that will ultimately fare.

Health care cost growth, based on consumer price index, is at the lowest rate in fifty years. Some of that is due to the recession. But, hospitals are now required, under the ACA, to show quality results within the Medicare program. This has already resulted in increased quality of care and lower costs. Re-admissions are down, morbidity is down, average hospital stay costs are stabilized.

We have not seen the economic benefits of the portability of insurance or how this may affect worker productivity and small businesses.

The providers have been planning and implementing the ACA for three years, or more, and those parts of the plan seem to be working. The individual insurance marketplace is not up to speed. But, with a constant barrage of attacks from the opponents, it is no small wonder.

In all honesty...do you want to see the ACA succeed?
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW keeps claiming this:

Quote:
I'm not suggesting that at all, what kind thinking would make you believe something like that?
The same kind that makes some liberals believe that the conservatives are in favor of dirty drinking water or dirty air to breath?

The Tea Party tried to cut EPA's budget by 1/3 and eliminate the latest round of mercury regulations. What part of the conservatives are actually voting for dirty water and dirty air is a mystery to you?
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is twice now that you have bitten on the same bait, you really do think that conservatives want us to survive on polluted sources.
You're hopeless.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
NW

You are pretty quick to call this a failure. The exchanges are barely up and running so we have no idea how that will ultimately fare.

Health care cost growth, based on consumer price index, is at the lowest rate in fifty years. Some of that is due to the recession. But, hospitals are now required, under the ACA, to show quality results within the Medicare program. This has already resulted in increased quality of care and lower costs. Re-admissions are down, morbidity is down, average hospital stay costs are stabilized.

We have not seen the economic benefits of the portability of insurance or how this may affect worker productivity and small businesses.

The providers have been planning and implementing the ACA for three years, or more, and those parts of the plan seem to be working. The individual insurance marketplace is not up to speed. But, with a constant barrage of attacks from the opponents, it is no small wonder.

In all honesty...do you want to see the ACA succeed?

As you've said, they've had 3 years to get this organized, 3 years! What does it take? Another year?
Well yes, that might not be a bad idea, considering they can't even keep their food stamp system under control.

And the answer to your question,,,,,,,,,,,, no. I just want simple health insurance reform, not the entire healthcare system reformed, we have, or had the best in the world. But yes, the health insurance industry needs to be reformed, but not this over-reach, it's not what this country was founded on.

I'll say it again, it was never about healthcare reform.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even after 3 years, the system in constantly down. Only 8 million hits in a week....Amazon gets 80 million sales per week.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

As you've said, they've had 3 years to get this organized, 3 years! What does it take? Another year?
Well yes, that might not be a bad idea, considering they can't even keep their food stamp system under control.

And the answer to your question,,,,,,,,,,,, no. I just want simple health insurance reform, not the entire healthcare system reformed, we have, or had the best in the world. But yes, the health insurance industry needs to be reformed, but not this over-reach, it's not what this country was founded on.

I'll say it again, it was never about healthcare reform.

Remember this law was conceived to be a cooperative effort between insurance companies, larger corporations, state governments and health care providers. Not to mention the participation of individuals. A huge task. Remember, also, that the above players have all been angling for advanatages and trying to skew the process.

Some states, such as Colorado, adopted many of the regulations for preventative care prior to the ACA, so it gave insurance companies operating here some time. But, most of the physicians I know, waited until after the last election to start implementing electronic medical records, so it does not surprise me that the deadline was soft enough that motivation to get the job done on time was not sufficient for the other players. Human nature...nothng like a deadline!

O.K. I buy your answer that you did not want to see the system changed. If I had a secure source of health care insurance, I might feel the same way. Sadly, that brilliant system you have enjoyed is, quite simply, unaffordable for many of us. At this time, repeal of the ACA would be a major risk. I believe it would leave the market wide open for abuse by all of the participants in the free for all that would be created by the partially completed process. So, failure is not an option. Tweaking the parts of the plan that aren't working so well is. That is called good government...we haven't seen for awhile.

If not about healthcare, what was the purpose of the ACA?
mac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who chews the fright wing talking points? NW really thinks I bit on his "bait?"

Quote:
This is twice now that you have bitten on the same bait, you really do think that conservatives want us to survive on polluted sources.
You're hopeless.

It is folks like you, NW, that subscribe to the talking points and ignore the actual votes, the exchange of money, and the results, that are clueless. I could give you more examples of the anti-environmental agenda of the right, and the heaps of money that Tom Coburn and James Inhofe have taken--but you don't appear to know enough about either journalism or science to understand the value of an editor and peer review.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:

If not about healthcare, what was the purpose of the ACA?

Control, and the power it brings.

Everything we choose to do, everything we choose to eat, what life style we choose to live, will all fall under Obamacare and now the IRS as well, in a way that our choices have never been effected before.
Our healthcare could be held over us individuals like hammer.

Socialized medicine and freedom have always been at odds with each other throughout history.

Yes, I said it, and I don't care what the lefties here think, or will spew about it.
"Socialized medicine", oooooooooooooooh!
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am annoyed by Ocare
This is something that still confuses me. I get socialized medicine in two other countries.
There is No bill- taxes pay .
Here under Obamacare I still need private insurance and am keeping mine for four dollars more.

I am foggy on putting those two things together.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
I am annoyed by Ocare
This is something that still confuses me. I get socialized medicine in two other countries.
There is No bill- taxes pay .
Here under Obamacare I still need private insurance and am keeping mine for four dollars more.

I am foggy on putting those two things together.

The reason insurance companies still clean up with Ocare is because its pretty much a republican idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 78 of 201

Jump to: