myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last question:

Iso, what is your opinion on the human race, from an outsiders point of view?
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And once again mac illustrated why he holds the pole position in my killfile: not one word of his post is true except maybe where he learned of the phrase "ad hominem".
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
And once again mac illustrated why he holds the pole position in my killfile: not one word of his post is true except maybe where he learned of the phrase "ad hominem".

I was really trying to stay out of this and enjoying the nice calm of the forums. BUT this really is too funny.

Mac holds the "pole position" in your killfile, YET you respond DIRECTLY to his post. Which as I see it means one of two things....

1. Your whole killfile is BS. Surprise there....

2. It isn't BS, but you are so possessed by seeing every message that you read your killfiled posters anyway which pretty much negates the killfile.

So is it Door #1 or Door #2?
daviddk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He`ll tell you he turned it off just for this interview. But trust me, there`s no killfile. An ego like that can`t stand not knowing what people say, good or bad.

ps isobars, how do I get the honor of being added to the killfile? Pretty please!
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the thread, John. Even DavidDuKe knew the answer.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So isobars attack on me remains on the forum--I guess because he says it was a parody--but my response got scrubbed. Hmm. Here from the Ten Commandments are the misrepresentations that I caught Isobars in, very specifically, and his name calling denial. I don't expect to see this survive.

Quote:
Of course he ignores here the misunderstanding or misinterpretation of the interview with one of his climate change denial sources, Fred Singer. Skimming an article and then cherry-picking a quote, particularly one that is inconsistent with the actual statement, is a favorite. When I got Mike in that one he essentially stopped giving citations and "plonked" me. What a guy!

Here http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/warming/debate/singer.html is his original citation, and a few things that Singer actually said.

Quote:
For example, as carbon dioxide increases, you would expect a warming. But at the same time that you get this warming or this slight warming, you get more evaporation from the ocean. That's inevitable. Everyone agrees with that. Now, what is the effect of this additional water vapor in the atmosphere? Will it enhance the warming, as the models now calculate? Or will it create clouds, which will reflect solar radiation and reduce the warming? Or will it do something else? You see, the clouds are not captured by the models. Models are not good enough to either depict clouds or to even discuss the creation of clouds in a proper way. So it's not possible at this time to be sure how much warming one will get from an increase in carbon dioxide.

I personally believe that there should be some slight warming. But I think the warming will be much less than the current models predict. Much less. And I think it will be barely detectable. Perhaps it will be detectable, perhaps not. And it certainly will not be consequential. That is, it won't make any difference to people. After all, we get climate changes by 100 degrees Fahrenheit in some places on the earth. So what difference does a 1-degree change make over 100 years?

and a bit later:

Quote:
Well, as I mentioned earlier, I have no doubt that an increase in carbon dioxide in the atmosphere should lead to some increase in global temperatures. The question is: How much? We do have some way of getting a handle on this problem, because carbon dioxide levels have already increased by 50 percent since the beginning of the industrial era--let's say, in the last hundred years. So where is the temperature increase from this? Why don't we see it? This is the way to ask the question.

Singer is a denier, but with academic credentials. I agree with him that the models probably exaggerate because they don't account for evaporation and cloud cover, and disagree on CO2. But he says, very clearly, that "as carbon dioxide increases, you would expect a warming"--the exact opposite of Isobars summary. Liar or stupid, you be the judge.

a little later, Iso's response:
Quote:
Quote:
In fact, mac's extended Singer quotes support my CO2/warming claims, that as CO2 rises, its effects on temperature plateau. Odd, too, that after claiming repeatedly that Singer destroyed his own credibility, mac now quotes him as an AGW reference.

What I have said is that Mike Fick's mischaracterization of the conclusions of Singer, and Bjorn Lomborg destroys Fick's credibility. On the latter, Iso partially quoted (and may have even read some of) Lomborg's book "Cool It", without acknowledging a later book where he recanted much of what he had claimed in "Cool It"--but then claimed he could fix the problem.

Singer did in his own credibility later in the PBS interview where he basically said that we should just lie back and enjoy the heat.

We cannot know his intent, but his errors in citing both Singer and Lomborg are clear. Not among those he admits to.
daviddk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars, the veracity of your $78 sandwich story has come under question.

No CHP officer (they are not called troopers in CA) would ever say something so stupid. They are too well trained. Must have been a podunk sheriffs deputy or maybe you`re exaggerating? Then you say "Wardog cried BS. Soon, however, the head of the CA state Park system was in the national media raising hell about their outrageous fee system and its cost in tourism revenues. Coincidence?"

Considering that Lopez Lake is a county park and has nothing whatsoever to do with CA State Parks then yes, it was a coincidence.

Comment?
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep: We were there, you weren't.
daviddk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Even DavidDuKe knew the answer."

isobars, first it was david dick and now this! I`m outraged! Clearly a violation of posting etiquette. What did I ever do to you?
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/search.php?search_author=daviddk
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 21 of 25

Jump to: