myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuyT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noshuzbluz wrote:

Quote:

I STAND BEHIND THE VALUE & PERFORMANCE OF THIS BLUE TBUCKET 300CE GUITAR
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (5.0)
FrancesYork Report on May 31, 2013 (updated June 4, 2013)
Professional Blues R&B Gospel Jazz Alternative Rock Classic Rock Pop Rock Folk Country Bluegrass Classical
I was classically trained for piano but did not have adequate practice space. So, at age 13 I demanded my parents continue my musical genius by acquiring a guitar for my musical advancement and investigations. Following a deep love of and interest in folk and ethnocultural traditions, artistry, and music and over the course of about seven years, I taught myself to expert level guitar instrumentation and technique.

Using this wisdom and these skills, I then formed a small folk and traditional country music duo with a close friend. We enjoyed some success playing folk music "coffee house" like venues in such establishments as high fashion/gourmet restaurants, major hotel "listening salons" in such places as Sheratons, "A Class" Holiday Inns, Ramada "Business & Conference Circle" Hotels, a Hyatt Regency or two, and invited performances at "boutique" resorts at several USA National Park locations such as Arcadia National Park, the Cape Cod Seashore, the Key West, Florida, Tropical Oceanic Weather and Sea Life Preserve, and other places, too.

The folk duo eventually expanded to five pieces playing a provocative assortment of traditional, cover, and a few original selections. All these ensembles featured me as lead guitar and occasional lead singer for the traditions of Pete Seeger, Woody Guthrie, the Weavers and Peter, Paul, & Mary, and James Taylor as well as the more rock 'n roll focused music of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, Fleetwood Mac, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Eagles, and, of course, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, and Richie Havens & Buffy Ste. Marie.

With these performance ensembles my guitar artistry used musicality derived from such notable figures as Paul Stookey, James Taylor, Steven Stills & Neil Young, Lindsay Buckingham, George Harrison & Paul McCartney, Cliff Richards, Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh as well as the traditionalists of Flatt & Scruggs, Bill Monroe & the Country Playboys, Buck Owens, Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, the Carter Family with Mother Maybelline Carter, Glenn Campbell & Roy Clark, Les Paul [who I personally met & conversed long with in a tiny club on New York's Lower East Side], as well as a long, long list of others who should also be named here but are not; and please pardon me for that.

Also, I am an extremely well educated and trained and multiply published and cited mathematician, electronics expert, and computer scientist having held expert and administrative position both nationally and internationally at the United Nations and with such professional organizations and societies as the American Mathematical Society, the Association for Computing Machinery, the IEEE, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, Graph Theory Notes of New York, and both the New York Academy of Sciences [30+ years since first joining] and a long time peer and currently nominated full member of the New York Academy of Medicine focusing on nuclear medicine, emergencies and disasters, epidemiology, and psychosocial rehab research, education, and treatment.

With all this wisdom, training, and experience, I think I can realistically say I know my way around a guitar -- any guitar or similar stringed instrument whether acoustic or electric. And I readily think and say that this Fender BLUE TBucket 300 CE guitar is a great guitar and instrument especially for the price. The tone may not be quite that found with instruments costing thousands of dollars, but for the price and for community and part time professional work and playing, it is just about perfect. I own several guitars and other stringed instruments. And I must say for the musical needs it serves, I don't think I could find a better guitar. The neck is not quite as playable as a performance electric model as well as it shouldn't be. High grade electrics are designed and created for the acrobatic dexterity and pyrotechnic stylings of on stage extreme, performance rock 'n roll and jazz fusion. For traditional rock, folk, country, and easy listening jazz, you couldn't do better for the price than the Fender TBucket 300 CE!!
FrancesYork Report owns this item
Was this review helpful? 0 26 Flag Review

Smile Smile Smile

Thanks, noshuzbluz, that review is a real piece of anthology on narcissism (or a fabulous prank).

The source:

http://www.fender.com/en-AT/series/hot-rod-design/t-bucket-300ce-rosewood-fingerboard-3-color-sunburst-flame-maple/
castnoshadow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knifeonwater,

Yeah, we get laid all the time, goin' on some 30 years strong right here, Nothing better than livin and chillin in the basement of my parents house to some Aerosmith and a Farah Fawcett poster on the ceiling.

That counts........right? Smile
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
… when I look at people to do it with more than just the normal theme of "yea, this guy or girl is super awesome and rips it up, woo hoo." It's totally cool if that's not your thing, you don't agree with me, like my writing style or mission. We're just trying to do what other windsurfing publications don't.

Nothing bores me more than most “woo hoo”, “What I Did Last Summer” articles or magazines. Of the last decade of WSMag, I remember only about two articles, one on the Turnagain Arm, the other on east coast hurricane sailing.

maxpowers wrote:
And now.... back to the interview: what the hell is your kill file?

A killfile is a software routine which profiles observables and takes actions based on the results. This one identifies the worst miscreants and selectively bans them from my own screen. Unfortunately it can’t tell their lies from their occasional insightful and topical posts, so some of the latter go into the Porta Potty with the rest of their chunks. Some change their profiles, but their spots soon become apparent.

maxpowers wrote:
And, wow, you really lose sleep over what you write here?

Not what *I* have written (you gotta watch that PM drivel); I can support everything I post, and not a word of it would embarrass me if published in the NYT (as long as it was in full context). What cost me probably thousands of hours of sleep -- clinically diagnosed and treated as sleep maintenance insomnia likely attributed to hyperactive amygdala -- BK (before killfile) was wordsmithing multiple options for disproving the lying personal attacks from attack dogs once thought to be credible. (I’ve given up; they have no shame, their standard reaction to hard proof that “The sun rises in the east” is some variation of, ”You’re a lying racist pedophile”, and their groupies can’t or won’t discern between fact and fiction.) It’s 3:21 AM, BTW.

maxpowers wrote:
Do you consider the posters here your friends, enemies, part of your social life?

The adults? Friends or at least friendly acquaintances.
Those who only occasionally wrap their valid comments and questions in caca? I'll answer their questions and treat them as adults until they go off the deep end.
The sociopathic and psychopathic -- there are both here -- attack dog subset of my killfile list, however, would not be allowed near my hypothetical place of business, meth shop, corporation, home, or family. They’re too dangerous, as many of them demonstrate a total lack of conscience or association with reality.

maxpowers wrote:
How do you see the difference between people you know and interact with in real life and those you only know from iWindsurf?

In 70 years of living in about 10 states from FL to WA, I have never met anyone in flesh and blood that exhibits even 10% of the depravity of the lowest dozen or so subhumans here. I didn’t know they existed among people who live under roofs.
Am I being too subtle?

maxpowers wrote:
Can you describe any times when your posts from iwindsurf caused awkwardness or any other social consequence in real life?

I’ve gotten glares from some of the cowards afraid to reveal their real identities, and had to write off one sailing buddy who publicly crossed to their side after he quit windsurfing. C'est la Vie. And now a White Salmon resident with VoIP phone number 509-774-5061 has begun calling my home and hanging up. Nice guys! On the flip side are the people who highly praise my ability to ignore the angry neanderthals and encourage me to hang in there.

maxpowers wrote:
What's the difference between your life as Isobars and as Mike Fick?

Mike Fick windsurfs ‘til dark with stoked real people and cherry picks the good wind and swell to conserve his raggedy forearm tendons. Isobars tolerates a very dark world burdened with psycho- and sociopaths because he loves writing and exchanging ideas with its rational element.
whitevan01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noshuzbluz wrote:
While isobars may be smart, he can be very blind at the same time. Here's a example of just that although I have no previous engagement with person. It's a guitar review I was reading today and I couldn't help but think of isobars. He may be all the "SMART " he claims to be but by the time they're done telling you how "SMART" they are, all I want to do is reach through the screen and punch them in the nose. You don't have to read all the way through to get the point.

EDIT: And it's a cheap, crappy guitar!

Quote:

I STAND BEHIND THE VALUE & PERFORMANCE OF THIS BLUE TBUCKET 300CE GUITAR
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (5.0)
FrancesYork Report on May 31, 2013 (updated June 4, 2013)
Professional Blues R&B Gospel Jazz Alternative Rock Classic Rock Pop Rock Folk Country Bluegrass Classical
I was classically trained for piano but did not have adequate practice space. So, at age 13 I demanded my parents continue my musical genius by acquiring a guitar for my musical advancement and investigations. Following a deep love of and interest in folk and ethnocultural traditions, artistry, and music and over the course of about seven years, I taught myself to expert level guitar instrumentation and technique.

Using this wisdom and these skills, I then formed a small folk and traditional country music duo with a close friend. We enjoyed some success playing folk music "coffee house" like venues in such establishments as high fashion/gourmet restaurants, major hotel "listening salons" in such places as Sheratons, "A Class" Holiday Inns, Ramada "Business & Conference Circle" Hotels, a Hyatt Regency or two, and invited performances at "boutique" resorts at several USA National Park locations such as Arcadia National Park, the Cape Cod Seashore, the Key West, Florida, Tropical Oceanic Weather and Sea Life Preserve, and other places, too.

The folk duo eventually expanded to five pieces playing a provocative assortment of traditional, cover, and a few original selections. All these ensembles featured me as lead guitar and occasional lead singer for the traditions of Pete Seeger, Woody Guthrie, the Weavers and Peter, Paul, & Mary, and James Taylor as well as the more rock 'n roll focused music of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, Fleetwood Mac, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Eagles, and, of course, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, and Richie Havens & Buffy Ste. Marie.

With these performance ensembles my guitar artistry used musicality derived from such notable figures as Paul Stookey, James Taylor, Steven Stills & Neil Young, Lindsay Buckingham, George Harrison & Paul McCartney, Cliff Richards, Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh as well as the traditionalists of Flatt & Scruggs, Bill Monroe & the Country Playboys, Buck Owens, Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, the Carter Family with Mother Maybelline Carter, Glenn Campbell & Roy Clark, Les Paul [who I personally met & conversed long with in a tiny club on New York's Lower East Side], as well as a long, long list of others who should also be named here but are not; and please pardon me for that.

Also, I am an extremely well educated and trained and multiply published and cited mathematician, electronics expert, and computer scientist having held expert and administrative position both nationally and internationally at the United Nations and with such professional organizations and societies as the American Mathematical Society, the Association for Computing Machinery, the IEEE, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, Graph Theory Notes of New York, and both the New York Academy of Sciences [30+ years since first joining] and a long time peer and currently nominated full member of the New York Academy of Medicine focusing on nuclear medicine, emergencies and disasters, epidemiology, and psychosocial rehab research, education, and treatment.

With all this wisdom, training, and experience, I think I can realistically say I know my way around a guitar -- any guitar or similar stringed instrument whether acoustic or electric. And I readily think and say that this Fender BLUE TBucket 300 CE guitar is a great guitar and instrument especially for the price. The tone may not be quite that found with instruments costing thousands of dollars, but for the price and for community and part time professional work and playing, it is just about perfect. I own several guitars and other stringed instruments. And I must say for the musical needs it serves, I don't think I could find a better guitar. The neck is not quite as playable as a performance electric model as well as it shouldn't be. High grade electrics are designed and created for the acrobatic dexterity and pyrotechnic stylings of on stage extreme, performance rock 'n roll and jazz fusion. For traditional rock, folk, country, and easy listening jazz, you couldn't do better for the price than the Fender TBucket 300 CE!!
FrancesYork Report owns this item
Was this review helpful? 0 26 Flag Review

can't help but think that this may have been tongue in cheek.
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
can't help but think that this may have been tongue in cheek.

The thought did occur to me. He took narcissism to a whole new level. It still made me think of isobars.

U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

knifeonwater wrote:
Do any windsurfers get laid anymore?

Doc told me due to age degenerative ills I should give up half my sex life .

So I asked which half..

the one I think about or the one I talk about ?

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the killfile explanation is a classic

certainly worthy of feeling the ego, yes indeed publish in the NYT, in full context

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso: "I can support everything I post..."

Except your victories over lawyers.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what gives with the censorship here and my deleted post? Isobars is not held to answer for his lude accusations and character deformation of others? I didn't know the rules involved only lobbing soft balls.

OK, I'll play.

Isobars,
Boxers or briefs?

Maxpowers,
Can you ask Windsport to print your article on some really soft print medium? I have a feeling I might be using this one for something other than reading.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
Iso, could you describe the "epic" day a little more? How windy? Crowd? Swells?

It wasn’t the wind, crowds, or swell that was epic on the day cgoudie1 and I were discussing above; it was specifically the swims and rescues that were epic. I discouraged people from launching when I saw a scenario setting up which almost guarantees an instantaneous wind shift from perfect sideshore @ 30 to dead offshore @ 10 at Roosevelt, but they grabbed their sinkers and 3.7s and hit the water anyway. Within minutes they began swimming home against the N@10 breezes. Some swam for three hours, and someone finally found a boat to rescue lesser swimmers.

More generally, from my post on Apr 29, 2009, in a thread titled “What is Epic?”:
My most memorable day in the past several years -- I guess that makes it epic -- was a day on a 4.2 in the Gorge. Sounds kinda routine, but definitely unique because:
• one sail was perfectly overpowered almost all day. While everybody else swapped among 4.2s, 3.7s, and 3.2s, the 4.2 just hummed like a sewing machine turbocharged with the Tim "the Tool Man" Taylor treatment. Never too much power to handle, never too little to accelerate out of a maneuver-induced hole.
• board shorts and a neoprene vest were comfortable all day -- very rare for me, here.
• I was in the groove, could do nothing wrong -- another rarity for me -- often crossing the river a few times in succession in a totally altered state of consciousness, at one with the terrain at full throttle, stopping only rarely and briefly to shove down some fluids and fuel.
• it was windy everywhere, so crowds were light even in midsummer.
• the wind direction was consistent, so the swell was far better than "mere" 3.7 wind would ordinarily produce.
• the wind and swell just got better and better towards and after dusk, when almost everybody else was on shore eating supper. "The usual suspects", aka the local Swim Club, sailed until 9:45, homing in on shoreline lights when it got too dark to see the shoreline.

I've had many individual sessions like that, but almost never have I seen 12+ continuous hours that consistently great in every respect. That's EPIC.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 10 of 25

Jump to: