myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama vs. the Tea Party--who can lead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler, when the chickens come home to roost, you will be poor. 90% of new jobs created in the last couple of years are PART TIME. Lowest employment participation rate in history. Printing money til the cows come home. This will eventually inflate, and you will just be another American in poverty.

The sad fact is Obama has destroyed the middle class, and broken the poor. For now, they have food, but in the future they will be destitute.

You need only see that interest rates skyrocketed after the slightest mention of pulling the plug on QE. The smart money is still shorting the US treasury, and this is frightening. When Reagan was president, mortgage rates were 18.6%. I can only imagine what Obama would do if this were the case.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, I have to say that you and I have an entirely different perspective on a lot of things, particularly when it comes down to our government and what we expect from it.

I have to admit though, we could unnecessarily experience tremendous economic difficulties as a nation, and arguably in the world, if the current crew of rabid House Republicans and their piss poor Speaker do not vote to extend the debit limit by 10/17. It would be utter stupidity to ignore what needs to be done, but there's really no telling how crazy Republicans can be. There are already a few tea party wingnuts that are signaling that they will not support a debit limit increase.

Believe me Bard, if this nation goes south, it's not going to be President Obama's fault. No, Republicans are going to own it. If I were you, I would put some distance between you and them. Hopefully, you'll see the picture and dump the losers you're following now.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, you're sailing down the biggest river in Egypt.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny Chandler. When the Dems controlled both houses of congress, it was Bush's fault the economy collapsed. But Obama controlled everything, and lately is only missing control of one side of congress, and it's still Bush's fault. (or the R's) Rolling Eyes When will the madness end?
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
When will the madness end?

When the republicans in the House successfully complete psychiatric counseling.

And maybe electroshock treatment.

Possibly a lobotomy.

Last edited by pueno on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler said:
Quote:
If I remember correctly, the Obama Administration has been focused on cutting non-essential services and personnel in this government shutdown fiasco created by Republican extremists in the House

You can stick to this if you want, but it looks like the park service is spending more money to close the monuments than it would have to keep them open. Why? Inflict pain on the nation to bolster Obama's position. I think it will backfire when those with common sense see through this game of chicken.

Bills have been passed by the House to fund and keep the parks open, but Harry has said no. Any reason why, other than to keep up the pain?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno

I see that the attempt by the Republican House to circumvent the government process by holding the funding process hostage something that should not be permitted. How many piece meal funding bills should we allow? All except the ACA? Once one starts down that road, control of the government shifts to one branch.

The idea that it is the Senate punishing the American people by not allowing the House to have its way is a pretty one sided view.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB--worse than that. There is a majority in the House to avoid this battle and the debt ceiling battle that is looming. But Boehner is so terrified of the Tea Party that he won't let it come up for a vote. So what you have is about 60 members of one house holding the 565 members of Congress, and the President, hostage for a law found to be constitutional by the Supreme Court. It is the end of Democracy.

In the vein of leadership, it is laughable that anyone would disparage Obama and stomach Boehner. Name a significant program, or a reform, that he has managed to get enacted. Just one. Maybe more resolutions than Michele Bachman?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Mac. My referring to the entire House as the problem is not really fair.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, like with Bard and NW30, it's easy to see where you look for news, and why you come away with the negative opinions that you do. Even if the news source is more reputable, your take is predictably twisted anti-Obama, anti-Democrat or just anti-government. Yet, it's rarely anti-Republican. Don't you at all see that the Republicans have manufactured a crisis that didn't have to happen? That's the truth, and for what? It's just another vain attempt to kill, sabotage or postpone a law that they can't properly address or stop through the normal legislative process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 54 of 59

Jump to: